WRX or Reg Impreza Vs. Smaller slower Car

This is a discussion on WRX or Reg Impreza Vs. Smaller slower Car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello, My name is Issac Im very new to this forum and after looking though different ones I've thought that ...

WRX or Reg Impreza Vs. Smaller slower Car

Hello, My name is Issac Im very new to this forum and after looking though different ones I've thought that this one was more welcoming and informative. Now Im wondering if I should Save up money and maybe some from my parents for a WRX, a regular Impreza or a Smaller Slower car with good gas mileage. Now getting the money to buy it isnt the problem but insurance, maintainability, taxes and just there being a lot of power; would it be a good idea to get a ream car that I would love to have and have learned about for nearly a year? or a smaller less powerful car with 2WD? I really want an WRX and Im aware of being a safe driver but Id rather go with other opinions rather than buying a WRX then crashing it the first time I drive it lol It would be my very first car and I am a teen. I also know a bit about cars so Im aware of the poer and total feel difference of a less powerful 2WD car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If this is going to be your first car and you are around the ages of 16-17 I would suggest getting something slow and high on gas mileage. Some great cars at low cost and low maintenance with high reliability would be maybe a honda civic, toyota corolla, heck even a scion tc. I have owned or one of my family members have owned each one of those and they never let us down. Also insurance would be a lot I mean a lot cheaper than a wrx if you are 16, if you were to get one of those cars.

Look at a used Mazda 3 5 door. That way you have a decent car that is not a obligatory mod money pit and can handle quite well for what it is. Decent mileage. Plus 5 door utility for actually getting out and doing stuff. Handsome in and out.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

One thing to add is that my price range is max $10,000 lol Im getting used cars. What about a non turbo impreza? Do you guys think its too pricy? If so I may go with finding a cheap used Mazda 3 or Scion Tc.

If you want a Subaru, maybe try to find a 2.5rs?
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

I'd recommend a late 90's early 00's Toyota Corolla. It's incredibly reliable, low insurance, decent fuel economy, and relatively cheap. Plus you can 'race' it as autocross/solo type events, and while it won't win, it can take a decent beating.

This is from experience, the same might be said of a similarly aged Impreza (non-turbo) - if I recall they made the best buy under Cdn$4000 in the latest Canadian Consumer Reports. Then you could invest your remaining $6000 for a future WRX

Each to their own, just my .02

you should look into an RS or 2.5i. used you can find plenty for around 10k. they dont get as good gas mileage as a civic or corolla would but they've got AWD and are a little peppier; definitely more fun to drive than most econoboxes. plus a subaru is a subaru and they're all pretty good cars!

Get a wrx all the way. You will never regret it. Ever fall asleep driving a car you never really liked but got great gas?...If you kind of like it...don't buy it. You'll regret it within a year. You'll never wash it. It will always be dirty.

If you LOVE the wrx, just get it. Don't second guess. My wrx was my first turbo car...never regretted it. Never will. Wish I got it sooner. Just be careful you don't buy a car that was raced too much and badly taken care of.

The wrx is not really fast. It can be VERY faster if you decide to upgrade it later in life....

Take a test drive.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Wrx.
    05 WRX premium 5mt - Testestuned Stage II