Brilliant Driver - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brilliant Driver within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by MengHang on a mustang dyno that reads very low...244whp, but the tech said with those numbers I ...

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    on a mustang dyno that reads very low...244whp, but the tech said with those numbers I should be in high 12sec easily. He also said my tune was low because I was running stock IC(lower boost) and stock tranny. My 18G still has a lot of power left. I'm still running stock headers and pulley. More room to grow still.
    Even at 280whp ur car would still get walked by a properly done stock turbo srt. They go high 11s at 115 117. Mid 12s on street tires.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I raced a stage 3 srt who said he would kill me....Because I was running low boost and stock IC, he though I had a small 16G. Needless to say, my car was not finshed yet. I was running 18G with stock IC and I was keeping up with his stage 3. We were pretty even thru the gears, except for ONE THING. His redline was low and WRX are at 7k so you could see him switch gears around 6k and then I would change at 7k which gave me a 1/2 a seconds to inch past him in every gear. He did lose but only because the 18G's power is at the end of the gear and he was losing power at the end of his gears.
    The car wasn't a stage 3 or a really poor driver with a poorly modified car. The first nsrt to go 10s was a stage 3 turboed car. Stage 3 revs to 6500 btw.
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    Even at 280whp ur car would still get walked by a properly done stock turbo srt. They go high 11s at 115 117. Mid 12s on street tires.
    anything can happen on the street. Thanks for the info.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

anything can happen on the street. Thanks for the info.

True, anytime glad I could help.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    on a mustang dyno that reads very low...244whp, but the tech said with those numbers I should be in high 12sec easily. He also said my tune was low because I was running stock IC(lower boost) and stock tranny. My 18G still has a lot of power left. I'm still running stock headers and pulley. More room to grow still.
    numbers seem very conservative for an 18g, even with stock IC. Perhaps a conservative tune to prevent detonation from hot incoming charge? I'm willing to bet you'd see 60+ whp increase from a larger TMIC (perhaps larger than STi) and a more aggressive tune. What's your peak boost pressure right now, around 18 PSI?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    numbers seem very conservative for an 18g, even with stock IC. Perhaps a conservative tune to prevent detonation from hot incoming charge? I'm willing to bet you'd see 60+ whp increase from a larger TMIC (perhaps larger than STi) and a more aggressive tune. What's your peak boost pressure right now, around 18 PSI?
    about 18psi. The tech said he will tune for 20 when I upgrade the IC.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I feal bad for this guy. he obviously isnt super smart(i can relate). Hes going to get hammered by the law unless he has important friends/family. the guy is only 20 his bac was .12 i understand .08 is the limit but .12 is def not the worst ive seen. the 150 mph well i cant say ive done that with a car but on my rocket b4 def hit over 180 a few times (sober). I dont support his behavior but i feal he will pay the price for many of us because he got cought.

P.S i think a accident would have tought him alot more than the courts ever will.

in most states just that speed alone is a quick way to the slammer.. let alone doing it intoxicated with friends in the car.

In a neon... at that speed an accident would have killed them all.

I dont feel bad in the least.. every single bit of what he did was avoidable.. and should have been avoided.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

wonder how it all turned out for him.

-04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

[QUOTE=mangostick;2691310]in most states just that speed alone is a quick way to the slammer.. QUOTE]

Here +100 is a felony

and i def agree he should experience the full extent of the law he could of killed him his friends and others as well, not something that should be taken lightly at all,...

I personally had a slip up while on a private road that we had set up a lil rally, nothing super awesome but fun enough, i admit i had about 3 beers ( i know ill get hell for sayin that but had to be honest) within prob a 2-3 hr period, now when i do drink i can take quite a bit so not sayin i was sober but def not close to bein buzzed, on a completly safe track away from ppl and other drivers so thought i was ok.... WRONG! hit a curb type thing and toasted my controll arm among other things, only my bug eye was injured but opened my eyes extremly wide and couldnt help blame the alch as well, slow reaction sloppy peddal work, whatev happened it was my fault and the actions i had done, i was really lucky and would never place anyone in harms way like that ever again no matter, since then ive walked over 9 miles to avoid driving drunk... good choice in my eyes lol

What im getting at is kinda like that song by incubus "drive" knowing how close to danger ive been i would avoid at any cost and urge all i can and see to do the same.

Its fun to drive fast but even the pro's make mistakes sober just goes to show ya how fragile life is and what can be done to pro-long it,

Here in Va its a misdemeanor for anything 20 over.. Immediate reckless driving charge .. criminal offense, not traffic. They're not effin around down here.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I hope the guardrail is okay.
    - 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX

" You don't have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." - C.S. Lewis

lol ^

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Here in Va its a misdemeanor for anything 20 over.. Immediate reckless driving charge .. criminal offense, not traffic. They're not effin around down here.
    yea, you may as well earn your wreckless driving.... and instigate a small chase... If I'm getting arrested i may as well have some fun.... see how fast those crown vic cherries shrink during a 8 second blast from 60-120, then I'd pull over and hope to get clubbed so I could get out of it....

Hell, if they havent called the chopper out, your car just isnt fast enough
    2011 SWP 5 door WRX LIMITED

Quote Originally Posted by Anzioblack44 View Post
    yea, you may as well earn your wreckless driving.... and instigate a small chase... If I'm getting arrested i may as well have some fun.... see how fast those crown vic cherries shrink during a 8 second blast from 60-120, then I'd pull over and hope to get clubbed so I could get out of it....

Hell, if they havent called the chopper out, your car just isnt fast enough
    <flame suit on>
    I've passed a cop doing over 120 and just hit the gas harder (more than once). Like you said, you're going to jail anyway at that speed and if you go by fast enough where you don't see the lights, you can make a plausible claim you didn't see them right away so didn't pull over. Just make sure you pull over before you get to the roadblock. And police choppers only do 140 max so as long as you can go faster than that, and the road is straight so they can't cut corners, they can't keep up with you.
    <extra flame suit on>

I have a buddy that was doing the old coast to coast race in a modified 911 Turbo and passed a cop doing over 150 in Texas. He just kept going until about 10 miles later there were two cops stopped in the middle of the highway with AR-15s pointed at the car. After a $5000+ fine and a bunch of lawyer bills it was taken care of.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast