Brilliant Driver - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brilliant Driver within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH yeah, cause a 600+ whp car had problems. from the time my race engine was built ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    yeah, cause a 600+ whp car had problems.
    from the time my race engine was built to the time i made 600+ (2 years) a problem was found with the strength of the rod bolts. mine never got the stronger ones. it was over looked/ forgotten about when it was time to make power. that why the builder offered a replacement $8,000 short block free of charge. it was my choice to sell it and take a "settlement"
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nah, cause all of them I've ever seen have had problems. I just like to put in my digs when I can

I threw a rod in my '80 toyota pickup in much the same fashion, and it must have had, shoot, 30-35 HP
    "Good design is a lot like clear thinking made visual." - Edward Tufte

Bugeye Mafia #314

Welcome to the world of the EJ.

Quote Originally Posted by FyrHazard View Post
    Nah, cause all of them I've ever seen have had problems. I just like to put in my digs when I can

I threw a rod in my '80 toyota pickup in much the same fashion, and it must have had, shoot, 30-35 HP

Do SRT-4's have disks or drums on the rear brakes?

I ask, because I see a lot of beatup SRT-4-type neons with the hood, wing, dual exhaust, but with rear drums.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Pretty sure they had disks and abs and the fancy stuff (for a neon anyway) .. wouldn't surprise me if alot of neon nuts are building replicas.

I know of one personally right now, except he found one (srt4) wrecked and pulled the whole drliveline to put into his own sxt neon. keeping the standard sxt cosmetics and running the better driveline. It'll be pretty nasty for a neon when he's finished.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

MANNY
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #134

https://www.facebook.com/L1G3R

2007 WRB WRX TR, Stage 2.5, SPT Intake, Full Invidia 3" Exhaust w/ N1, ISC Coilovers, 17x8 RPF1 w/ Hankook VENTUS V4, DIY Engine Grounding.

Yes disc front and rear with abs. Sounds like ur seein reg neons
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    new license plate is gonna be race240
    So your starting another project with the STI? Why not EVO or Supra?
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Pretty sure they had disks and abs and the fancy stuff (for a neon anyway) .. wouldn't surprise me if alot of neon nuts are building replicas.

I know of one personally right now, except he found one (srt4) wrecked and pulled the whole drliveline to put into his own sxt neon. keeping the standard sxt cosmetics and running the better driveline. It'll be pretty nasty for a neon when he's finished.
    I raced a neon with similar setup...he lost pretty bad. We are talking bus lenghs...the car looked legit but I noticed the car did not have the normal stance(back tires higher then front tires). It' just looked like a srt4 but without the power. Then again, it's not much of a race(18g vs stock srt4) from a dig or roll.

After destoying him, he just would not line up with me again. We were on a 4 lane road and he kept avoiding me and hiding behind other cars.
    Meng Hang

Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    I raced a neon with similar setup...he lost pretty bad. We are talking bus lenghs...the car looked legit but I noticed the car did not have the normal stance(back tires higher then front tires). It' just looked like a srt4 but without the power. Then again, it's not much of a race(18g vs stock srt4) from a dig or roll.

After destoying him, he just would not line up with me again. We were on a 4 lane road and he kept avoiding me and hiding behind other cars.
    So u raced a srt look a like or a real one? I assume a reg one. A bolt on srt would have 0 problem keeping up with a 18g bugeye. What's is make 330whp or so ? 350?

The sti won't be a race car. Its a fun weekend car that is easy to drive. Maybe stage 2 etc
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

So u raced a srt look a like or a real one? I assume a reg one. A bolt on srt would have 0 problem keeping up with a 18g bugeye. What's is make 330whp or so ? 350?

The sti won't be a race car. Its a fun weekend car that is easy to drive. Maybe stage 2 etc
    What does a stage 3 srt4 make? just wondering.
    Meng Hang

Pending on several thing. 325 to 375. The stock turbo 300 to 325 but falls off up top.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    what are your dyno numbers with the stock TMIC?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    what are your dyno numbers with the stock TMIC?
    on a mustang dyno that reads very low...244whp, but the tech said with those numbers I should be in high 12sec easily. He also said my tune was low because I was running stock IC(lower boost) and stock tranny. My 18G still has a lot of power left. I'm still running stock headers and pulley. More room to grow still.
    Meng Hang

Pending on several thing. 325 to 375. The stock turbo 300 to 325 but falls off up top.
    I raced a stage 3 srt who said he would kill me....Because I was running low boost and stock IC, he though I had a small 16G. Needless to say, my car was not finshed yet. I was running 18G with stock IC and I was keeping up with his stage 3. We were pretty even thru the gears, except for ONE THING. His redline was low and WRX are at 7k so you could see him switch gears around 6k and then I would change at 7k which gave me a 1/2 a seconds to inch past him in every gear. He did lose but only because the 18G's power is at the end of the gear and he was losing power at the end of his gears.
    Meng Hang

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.