Brilliant Driver - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

This is a discussion on Brilliant Driver within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Are these souped up Neons popular? I've never seen one in Los Angeles. Whenever I do see a Neon though ...

Are these souped up Neons popular? I've never seen one in Los Angeles.

Whenever I do see a Neon though I know one thing: the driver is a fat chick with pink "princess" decorations adorning her vehicle.

If you catch one eating fries while driving you earn extra points. I'm not sure what game it is we are playing but damn it... you get extra points!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

They're pretty popular around here. And as soon as fast and furious came out, they all got wings and fart cans.
    "Good design is a lot like clear thinking made visual." - Edward Tufte

Bugeye Mafia #314

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    We had a kid killed a few months ago in Florida when he crashed his SRT-4 into like 8 parked cars. He was drinking and wasn't buckled up. Both him and his GF were ejected from the vehicle.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Another thing i see with these reg neons, is that almost everyone is meesing huge chunks of paint. so you see spots of primer all over the car, from where it looks like the car went so fast the paint just flew right off. i looked at on close up and its smooth. so im assuming they dont know how to paint their cars good or their paint is worse then our subies.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    They're extrememly popular here in Utah. Why? Because they're cheap as hell and can be modified rather easily to be very fast. Reliability though, goes straight out the window with them. I see more hispanic people driving them than anything, and a few ****** types that I couldn't care less about. Too many times have I been challenged by SRT-4's too many times have I let them down by driving normally. Let's see how fast your car is around a corner, oh wait, it can't go around a corner. Silly me.

They look awful, they sound awful, they're built with the worst quailty parts imaginable, as is standard for Dodge, and they can't turn for ****.

One thing I do enjoy doing though, is pointing at my rear windows as I roll them down from my front seat. Always gets a nice stinkeye look from them.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    They're extrememly popular here in Utah. Why? Because they're cheap as hell and can be modified rather easily to be very fast. Reliability though, goes straight out the window with them. I see more hispanic people driving them than anything, and a few ****** types that I couldn't care less about. Too many times have I been challenged by SRT-4's too many times have I let them down by driving normally. Let's see how fast your car is around a corner, oh wait, it can't go around a corner. Silly me.

They look awful, they sound awful, they're built with the worst quailty parts imaginable, as is standard for Dodge, and they can't turn for ****.

One thing I do enjoy doing though, is pointing at my rear windows as I roll them down from my front seat. Always gets a nice stinkeye look from them.
    Hahaha that's for sure... I figure why even bother with it if they can dump minamum money into their tuna can and get crazy numbers out... the other day I saw 1 stopped off at a light and I started rolling up and down my rear windows and the guy flipped me off and took off like a cop outa doughnut hut....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    they sound awful
    you really think so? the srt is more rumbley than our cars are. i think subarus & srt's have two of the most recognizable exhaust notes lol

i cant believe i used to make fun of srt's & now i get my undies in a twist when people talk **** about them. i guess my fiance has brainwashed me.

we miss you scarlet! lol

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

What's with the windows? Are you making fun of them not having power windows or what? I don't get it. And I doubt they get why this subaru person is rolling their windows up and down with a smug look on their face.
    "Good design is a lot like clear thinking made visual." - Edward Tufte

Bugeye Mafia #314

Quote Originally Posted by FyrHazard View Post
    What's with the windows? Are you making fun of them not having power windows or what? I don't get it. And I doubt they get why this subaru person is rolling their windows up and down with a smug look on their face.
    I just see no point in not having power windows in all doors... IMO were they really just trying to save costs? Or was it for weight reduction? Its kinda like some evo's not comming with a stereo... does the 20lb saving really make that much of a difference?

As for the sound, it was pinging and sounded all choppy... it wasn't like a smooth rummble like the boxer engine and wasn't as throatty...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex
    Its kinda like some evo's not comming with a stereo... does the 20lb saving really make that much of a difference?
    The '04 STi didn't come with a headunit - they figured it was going to be replaced anyway, why bother charging the customer for it?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The '04 STi didn't come with a headunit - they figured it was going to be replaced anyway, why bother charging the customer for it?
    That I can see, but I read an article in 03 about the evo rs it was 500 more then the normal trim and they didn't install carpet in the trunk, stereo, speakers, rubber in the trim and so forth just to save less the 100lbs and still charge you more for it just to be like 3/10ths on their 0-60 time...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

nice kill

and I've seen a few Evo RS variants, but never have seen one without a radio or a gutted interior.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    you get a kid that looks like this

add one of these into the mix

and honestly what do you think the outcome would be? He would have done the same thing in an STi, it just so happens that the SRT-4s are cheap enough for a kid to own.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

not to beat up on them but i hate srt-4 OWNERS, most of them... not all tho, are ignorant idiotic morons who like to rev their engine at you and just get all pissy when you tell em you wanna go and then take the next exit lmao that guy was honking till i hit the end of the exit, why i still dont know. but regardless i think they sound like motorcycles. but alot gayer
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

wow what a ton of bad information. i'll never know how a car can be so hated by so many people, that know next to nothing about them. it never fails about once a year a new batch of fan boys come on here hating on everything that isn't the car they own. it's sad. you might not like a car that's fine but hating on it cause of what you think you know about it is silly. but happens all the time. i'll try and shed some light on common topics for you.

the srt is still a pos neon thats' not reliable....

truth - if you take the time to surf srtforums you'll find a thread that lists all off the 100,000 mile plus members and there stories. several of them are 400+ whp for many miles. some still have the stock clutch.

the srt is fast in a strait line but i'll smoke it any turn!

truth - in 05 (last year of the car) it was faster in every timed competition in a road and track comparison with the 05 wrx.

the car sounds like xxx

truth the only totally subjective thing that's actually up to discussion.

i don't have time to cite my sources but i'll follow up on this later.

why doesn't the neon have rear power windows?

answer - dodges uses the same window motor in every single car. the one they use is to big to fit the rear doors. dodge did not see a cost effective enough reason to source another motor just for the neons.
    Last edited by 2004NeonSRT4; 05-07-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast