09 WRX vs Dodge Caliber SRT-4

This is a discussion on 09 WRX vs Dodge Caliber SRT-4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i was sitting in traffic the other day, and this guy drives past in a black caliber srt-4, i ...

09 WRX vs Dodge Caliber SRT-4

so i was sitting in traffic the other day, and this guy drives past in a black caliber srt-4, i know they arent the prettiest things around, but i kinda like them. anywho, i hopped on my droid and looked at their power ratings

Wikipedia says 285hp and 265tq, and then quoted that edmunds dynoed one and got 281hp and 265tq to the wheels, "Edmunds called the manufacturer's rating conservative; putting more power to the road than cars costing twice as much" (sounds like the same thing like with the GT-R)

So how quick are these dodge hatches? anyone meet one in legit or non-legit racing situations?
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've talked about the csrt4 in other threads before and it comes out to be a great motor in a crap box worse than a neon. The cars make 40 more whp stock than a nsrt but run the same times. High 13s at 100 ish. There 300lbs heavier at almost 3300lbs compared to a neon. There down fall in a strait line is there braking lsd that ruins 60fts and brakes to large for anything smaller than 18s. But the stock turbo supports 400whp and the stock fuel system 500 ish making them awesome from highway speeds.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Gotcha, thanks... the guys looked and sounded real nice, he had some garages license frame, so who knows what was done to it...
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I love the power they put down, but loath the looks. NSRT FTW!!
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I was on my way home from school the other day and a neon srt-4 pulls up next to me and revs up his car. I just left it alone cause there were cars around and too many cops around that area. It sounded like he was straight piped, new fmic, and i could tell it was tuned by the way it drove too.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I can post up my experience with a nsrt4 because thatís all I have raced before. My buddy owns one so we race all the time. He has a cai, cb, bov, and a large fmic now. I just have a cb. 1/8 mile I almost always take him depending on launch. 1/4 of course he wins. It was both our first time racing at the local quarter but I ran a 14.6 at 93mph while he hit 14.2 at about 100mph but donít know for sure.

By the way he has raced a csrt4 and beat it. He would know more about that then I do but he says he wouldnít switch to a caliber.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete