Prius Owners OWN the road! - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on Prius Owners OWN the road! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Toneloc08 WOW! that link is 25 pages of peer gold lol! These people are nuts, talking about ...

Quote Originally Posted by Toneloc08 View Post
    WOW! that link is 25 pages of peer gold lol! These people are nuts, talking about putting turbos on there half electric cars. nos? WTF?

Dont get me wrong im sure the Prius is a good DD but a race car? I would have never imagined. On the other hand Tesla Motors has some very impressive cars coming out IMO. If I had the money I would mos definitely buy one.

But the Teslas are meant to go from 0-60 in 5.6 seconds were as a Prius is built to be an economy car. Dont buy an economy car if you want to go fast and dont buy a race car if you want an economy car, plain and simple.
    My boss has a Tesla. It is pretty ****ing sweet. It is the roadster which is quoted as 3.9 to 60.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Toneloc08 View Post
    WOW! that link is 25 pages of peer gold lol! These people are nuts, talking about putting turbos on there half electric cars. nos? WTF?

Dont get me wrong im sure the Prius is a good DD but a race car? I would have never imagined. On the other hand Tesla Motors has some very impressive cars coming out IMO. If I had the money I would mos definitely buy one.

But the Teslas are meant to go from 0-60 in 5.6 seconds were as a Prius is built to be an economy car. Dont buy an economy car if you want to go fast and dont buy a race car if you want an economy car, plain and simple.
    Tesla's are under 4 sec to 60 as stated.. and they're based on a lotus Elise.. There's a reason you can afford a prius but a Tesla will run you 90K + ... They're purpose built. What drives me nuts is that the oem manufacturers with all their wisdom and engineering and production abilities cant come up with a 120mph 400mi range electric car that the $35k-$40K car owner could afford.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

The technology will get cheaper eventually. In the meantime I'm fine with gas but have hope for the future of performance with stuff like the tesla.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

East Taut'in, Massachusetts, United States
    dunno if im reposting, but this seems pertinent...
    and bad @ss

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    Tesla's are under 4 sec to 60 as stated.. and they're based on a lotus Elise.. There's a reason you can afford a prius but a Tesla will run you 90K + ... They're purpose built. What drives me nuts is that the oem manufacturers with all their wisdom and engineering and production abilities cant come up with a 120mph 400mi range electric car that the $35k-$40K car owner could afford.
    Two words... Big oil. They can do it, but why would they?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shamankjm View Post
    dunno if im reposting, but this seems pertinent...
    and bad @ss
    I've actually seen that guy race at PIR. He blew the doors off of pretty much every contender, although I do remember seeing several mildly built muscle cars winning, but not by much.

I happened to be there on an "Electric Drags" weekend. There were lots of electric cars, mostly homemade, that were racing. There were a couple Teslas, they got in the 12s, if I remember correctly. Balancing that out was an electric Beetle that ran a 27 sec 1/4.

I respect the electric guys, a couple were a bit preachy about how all of us gasoline guys are killing the planet, but most were out there just to be different and have a great time.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Two words... Big oil. They can do it, but why would they?
    True, but I'm not sold on total electric cars anyway. Even if we migrate that way, so the cars then get away from fossil fuels but the POWER PLANTS dont.. we're still powered as a nation by a greater majority of coal burning power plants. While electric cars lighten the individual carbon footprint we're just increasing it in another location. Granted it may still be a over all decrease but I think a total solution would be to completely graduate to clean power if its even possible to pull it off with today's technology.

All that said though, I'd love to convert the wrx to electric/lithium Ion power.. if I could get 500-700mi out of it on a charge.. that would be badass.

haha.. talk about full circle, would bring me right back to my electric rc racing days Talking amps/cells and speed controllers vs a/f mapping, timing and boost. lol
    Last edited by mangostick; 02-24-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    True, but I'm not sold on total electric cars anyway. Even if we migrate that way, so the cars then get away from fossil fuels but the POWER PLANTS dont.. we're still powered as a nation by a greater majority of coal burning power plants. While electric cars lighten the individual carbon footprint we're just increasing it in another location. Granted it may still be a over all decrease but I think a total solution would be to completely graduate to clean power if its even possible to pull it off with today's technology.

All that said though, I'd love to convert the wrx to electric/lithium Ion power.. if I could get 500-700mi out of it on a charge.. that would be badass.

haha.. talk about full circle, would bring me right back to my electric rc racing days Talking amps/cells and speed controllers vs a/f mapping, timing and boost. lol
    That is a good point, we have a long way to go, but think of it like this... A gasoline car is powered 100% by fossil fuels, whereas in most places, electricity is a combination of fossil fuels and clean energy, so there is some advantage there. I think when the demand becomes larger, car companies will be more apt to find alternatives to internal combustion but unfortunately it's a long way off. The technology is just too expensive to mass produce right now
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I Support ClubWRX
    Other efficiencies also need to be considered when engaging in the carbon footprint debate. You burn diesel transporting fossil fuels all over the country to a million different gas stations, whereas there is an existing power grid in place to bring the electrons to the house where you charge.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Other efficiencies also need to be considered when engaging in the carbon footprint debate. You burn diesel transporting fossil fuels all over the country to a million different gas stations, whereas there is an existing power grid in place to bring the electrons to the house where you charge.
    True, but you're also burning same fossil fuels to pump or transport fuel to the power plant.

It may not be a 1 to 1 relationship, and I really like the Idea of fully electric vehicles... but they alone are not the answer that many cling to. Other efforts need to be made to make the whole revolution come together.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456