Prius Owners OWN the road! - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Prius Owners OWN the road! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Pavia I can't see anyone thinking that a test to do a loopty-loop in a Belfast sewer ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I can't see anyone thinking that a test to do a loopty-loop in a Belfast sewer pipe with a Renault Twingo is legitimate and anything other than farce.

Their supercar tests might have some merit, but I'm not in a financial position to dispute their findings...
    Back before that show left a sour taste in my mouth I watched many different shootouts with all different classes of vehicles. As they started getting more and more lopsided I enjoyed the program less and less. Finally I realized they were bowing to sponsor dollars and skewing results. It was bad enough that I had to endure that pompous ass Clarkson just to watch some cool cars on tv.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

prius vs srt-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKiNlZikZc

yall have got to watch that one

Quote Originally Posted by Cmaj7th View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNKiNlZikZc

yall have got to watch that one
    11.27 in the 1/8th... My old Vibe got a 11.0 1/8th and went on to get a 17.4 best quarter mile, it was usually 17.6+.

These are some racey cars alright.
    Matt
    2003 Silver Pontiac Vibe (sold)
    1990 Red Miata on Megasquirt3, soon to be getting the stock turbo off the WRX
    2002 Silver WRX sedan, Full Exhaust, 16G, Cobb AP self-tuned on E85 (work in progress)
    1986 Chevy K20, 350 4x4 on Megasquirt. Brings the car home when it breaks.

Future cars? Too many to list.

That prius thread is fxxxxxx LOL
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin R.I.P

I just dont understand buying a prius and trying to beef it up to get it to do 17 in a 1/4? Not to mention it seems they are all way more into racing then many of the subaru owners I have met.

Hahaha I lost it when I read the part about racing to 6 MPH! There's no way those guys are serious...it's just like South Park

I....CAN'T....STOP....LAUGHING!!!!!!!

That thread is just so beyond ridiculous.

I Support ClubWRX
    +1 for diesel.

-1 for heavy battery reliance.

Just as my view on solar panels and wind power, I feel that they are alternatives, but not appropriate at all given the current technology. Batteries and solar panels are extremely hard on the environment to produce. They do have their uses - street signs are one that I can think of.

I work in the nuclear industry, and I've gotta say, it's all politics. Not going to discuss the politics here for obvious reasons. Many of the reasons behind pro/con of all energy sources are complete bull to cover up the actual.

Just as a random statistic. New nuclear plant is <1 sq mile. 1000MW/hr. An equivalent solar farm would be 900 sq miles. One windmill is normally 500W/hr... 1000W/hr MAX (normally 750 is the rated).

Take cash for clunkers for instance. You think the purpose was really to reduce the number of old cars on the road that got bad emissions?

I've personally found most prius drivers are clowns. I don't see the reasoning. I'm sure they have their reasons though. Just don't be the a** in that thread that doesn't let people pass haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    +1 for diesel.

-1 for heavy battery reliance.

Just as my view on solar panels and wind power, I feel that they are alternatives, but not appropriate at all given the current technology. Batteries and solar panels are extremely hard on the environment to produce. They do have their uses - street signs are one that I can think of.

I work in the nuclear industry, and I've gotta say, it's all politics. Not going to discuss the politics here for obvious reasons. Many of the reasons behind pro/con of all energy sources are complete bull to cover up the actual.

Just as a random statistic. New nuclear plant is <1 sq mile. 1000MW/hr. An equivalent solar farm would be 900 sq miles. One windmill is normally 500W/hr... 1000W/hr MAX (normally 750 is the rated).

Take cash for clunkers for instance. You think the purpose was really to reduce the number of old cars on the road that got bad emissions?

I've personally found most prius drivers are clowns. I don't see the reasoning. I'm sure they have their reasons though. Just don't be the a** in that thread that doesn't let people pass haha.

Lest we forget what "1 mile" looks like a decade after the accident. Don't get me wrong, as I am not a staunch opponent of nuclear de facto and I understand they are much safer now. Still, Murphy has a way of ruining anything that humans think is perfect. Certainly a better track record than coal though.

I can understand having a particular bias when working in a particular industry but solar has come a long way and it will be cheap soon. You will never be able to have your own nuclear power plant, but plugging your roofing directly into the grid will be a real economic option with a short term investment in the near future. No batteries or land involved. I understand people who will want the big companies to continue gross profiting by providing all their power, but the independence solar will afford really appeals to me.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

i dont know how the guys in that prius forum even think of talking about that stuff..
    2010 WRB WRX 5Door
    Stink-Eye Mob #29

A Good Laugh

05 Millennium Silver Metallic, Package #3 (package with SKS and all airbags)
    mud flaps
    MFD hood
    bumper protector
    CAN-View with OBD-II function
    Coastal EV mod
    mesh grill
    DICE iPod integration + ground loop isolated audio in
    "Prius" license plate frame
    Thule roof rack and snowboard carriers (winter only)
    Best Sig ever hahaha. I guess its like their version of mods, for the prius (Good to know hes got all the airbags for optimal performance :P). Gave me a good laugh.

Originally Posted by Trainrex

"Typical worthless Top Gear crap. I can't stand that show, and I hope Jeremy Clarkson pulls his bottom lip over his head and swallows."
    Kinda harsh don't you think?

Top gear is a great show, its meant to be a funny show and does have a lot of good info on some great cars.
    "It's like any other American built car, fast in the straight line but absolutely useless at anything else" - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettGT20 View Post
    Best Sig ever hahaha. I guess its like their version of mods, for the prius (Good to know hes got all the airbags for optimal performance :P). Gave me a good laugh.

Top gear is a great show, its meant to be a funny show and does have a lot of good info on some great cars.
    I invented harsh, it's mine.

I'd love the show if they fired that windbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I invented harsh, it's mine.

I'd love the show if they fired that windbag.
    OH c'mon, that would be like 60 minutes without Andy Rooney.

Actually, Andy Rooney carries some worth, my bad.

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    inb4 necro

"What about having the A/C at full blast so some of that cold interior air filters down the vent to the battery?"

This was one of my favorite quotes from the Prius thread. Are these people serious?

And yes, the 0-6 argument was great.
    2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Registered User SixDaysToSunday's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettGT20 View Post

One of the "mods" listed is a Toyota Premium Horn

2010 WRX: "Archer"
    #2127 of the Stinkeye Mob
    Honorary Member of the Hawkeye Alliance
    Give it up for the boys in Blue, USAF; 3H071
    Jack T, also known as BOOSTPUNK on Buffaloscooby

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast