Why VW Owners Piss Me Off
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Every single day, a Jetta, or some other VW tries to get in my face. If I get cut off ...

Banned

Why VW Owners Piss Me Off

Every single day, a Jetta, or some other VW tries to get in my face. If I get cut off on the road or on the highway, it's usually by a Jetta, although I notice a lot of A4s, and Prius owners doing it, too. None of those cars come close to stacking up to a WRX and my car is still stock since it's hard enough keeping up with my other bills, let alone worrying about blowing more money on a used car.

Tonight I'm driving down Main St in Bridgeport and the guy on my left is driving a Ford Taurus (not the SHO). He was driving perfectly normal until he saw me, so of course when the light turns green he floors it. I seriously hate that crap. It makes me want to follow them and say something like "Hey, I noticed you kept hitting the gas at lights when you saw me next to you. I'm not going to race you on a main road, but if you want to go to "X" we can race". They'll of course back out. Anyway, I'm driving behind the tard who thinks his car is boss when and R32 comes flying up behind me and is hanging on my back bumper maybe 2 feet away. This is normally when I just dump the clutch from 3 or 4th to 2nd without the brakes at all to get their attention. Good luck explaining to an officer why you were that close behind me and hit me when I downshifted.

I chose not to this time, and Mr. R32 Loser was going most of the same way I was. Eventually I turned and he rocketed around me.

I can safely say I have never in my life seen anyone who drives any Jetta go the speed limit or even close to it for more than a few hundred feet. They all drive like they just finished an eightball and are on their way to buy more before the guy sells out. I can also say that the few times I've raced these tards on the highway when they pissed me off with their tailgating strategy that I have beaten every single one of them from R32 on down the line. I have wasted the A4s, Taken out a good share of BMWs, Mustangs, whatever. I just don't get the point. If I come up on an Evo, I don't start riding his tail trying to get him to race. A) It's annoying. B) He'll beat me unless he doesn't know how to drive. C) It's annoying.

What is it about a WRX that makes everyone so angry when they see it that they all have to try to race you? I mentioned the Prius before because normally I follow traffic on the highways or maybe go a little faster. I average 65 or 70. On occasion I'll take it up a bit to 80 or 85. I'm really not comfortable going faster than that with the exception of a few spots on our highways where it's flat, straight, and never any cops. It's often a Prius that comes flying by at 100 when I'm just relaxing enjoying the drive. I know they aren't really trying to race, but it cracks me up because I though the whole point of the Prius was to save gas, and I can't imagine how much they're saving at 100.

But the VW owners all seem to have been dropped frequently as children and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    Every single day, a Jetta, or some other VW tries to get in my face. If I get cut off on the road or on the highway, it's usually by a Jetta, although I notice a lot of A4s, and Prius owners doing it, too. None of those cars come close to stacking up to a WRX and my car is still stock since it's hard enough keeping up with my other bills, let alone worrying about blowing more money on a used car.

Tonight I'm driving down Main St in Bridgeport and the guy on my left is driving a Ford Taurus (not the SHO). He was driving perfectly normal until he saw me, so of course when the light turns green he floors it. I seriously hate that crap. It makes me want to follow them and say something like "Hey, I noticed you kept hitting the gas at lights when you saw me next to you. I'm not going to race you on a main road, but if you want to go to "X" we can race". They'll of course back out. Anyway, I'm driving behind the tard who thinks his car is boss when and R32 comes flying up behind me and is hanging on my back bumper maybe 2 feet away. This is normally when I just dump the clutch from 3 or 4th to 2nd without the brakes at all to get their attention. Good luck explaining to an officer why you were that close behind me and hit me when I downshifted.

I chose not to this time, and Mr. R32 Loser was going most of the same way I was. Eventually I turned and he rocketed around me.

I can safely say I have never in my life seen anyone who drives any Jetta go the speed limit or even close to it for more than a few hundred feet. They all drive like they just finished an eightball and are on their way to buy more before the guy sells out. I can also say that the few times I've raced these tards on the highway when they pissed me off with their tailgating strategy that I have beaten every single one of them from R32 on down the line. I have wasted the A4s, Taken out a good share of BMWs, Mustangs, whatever. I just don't get the point. If I come up on an Evo, I don't start riding his tail trying to get him to race. A) It's annoying. B) He'll beat me unless he doesn't know how to drive. C) It's annoying.

What is it about a WRX that makes everyone so angry when they see it that they all have to try to race you? I mentioned the Prius before because normally I follow traffic on the highways or maybe go a little faster. I average 65 or 70. On occasion I'll take it up a bit to 80 or 85. I'm really not comfortable going faster than that with the exception of a few spots on our highways where it's flat, straight, and never any cops. It's often a Prius that comes flying by at 100 when I'm just relaxing enjoying the drive. I know they aren't really trying to race, but it cracks me up because I though the whole point of the Prius was to save gas, and I can't imagine how much they're saving at 100.

But the VW owners all seem to have been dropped frequently as children and I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.
    If your car looks at all fast people are gonna try and race you. And VW owners can be douchebags.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I feel your pain dude, trust me. And it's goddamn annoying Over here it's crappy Toyota's. It just ruins my whole day, when I get a blacked out Land Cruiser or Camry with black rims trying to race me/tail gate me the whole way home
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin R.I.P

for me its riced out hondas. they're everywhere, and most of them are all show, no go.

I Support ClubWRX
    Im a jetta owner.. Itll smoke your stock wrx or wrx sti. I drive the speed limit, I wont try to race you, and it is my daily driver while my STi sits in the garage.

You arent better than anyone because you drive a subaru. You cannot blame them for maybe wanting to see what your subaru can do. They wont blame you for wishing your cars interior is 1/4 as cool as theres is..
    Last edited by T0rque; 05-01-2010 at 12:27 AM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Alot of them are probably kids wanting to see what your wrx has. I have alot of v6 mustangs with their exhaust cut off and cavaliers with sidepipes where i live... its sad. Sometimes ill play along for a gear or two then ill stop.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    VW owners are no different than other vehicle owners. The only problem I have with VW's are that they are VW's. God I hate working on them.

It's the person you're angry at, not the car in this instance. People are going to be idiots whether they drive a VW, Subaru, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, etc... Let them go, don't do things to piss them off, just drive like you would normally and let them get the ticket for being jackasses.

There is NO good reason to race anyone on the street.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Im a jetta owner.. Itll smoke your stock wrx or wrx sti. I drive the speed limit, I wont try to race you, and it is my daily driver while my STi sits in the garage.

You arent better than anyone because you drive a subaru. You cannot blame them for maybe wanting to see what your subaru can do. They wont blame you for wishing your cars interior is 1/4 as cool as theres is..
    No one said they're better than anyone because we drive Subarus. But some of us sure act better than others. I never, ever, under any circumstances try to star a race with anyone else. On occasion I will answer the call, but I don't feel like I have anything to prove to anyone else. If I answer the call, I'm either bored or just pissed. I have never lost under those circumstances.

As for your Jetta, whatever dude. If it's stock it isn't going to beat anything. If it's modified, I'd like to know what kind of mods it has because I guarantee you whatever modifications you may have done, if you did those with a WRX, the Suby would still be top dog.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    No one said they're better than anyone because we drive Subarus. But some of us sure act better than others. I never, ever, under any circumstances try to star a race with anyone else. On occasion I will answer the call, but I don't feel like I have anything to prove to anyone else. If I answer the call, I'm either bored or just pissed. I have never lost under those circumstances.

As for your Jetta, whatever dude. If it's stock it isn't going to beat anything. If it's modified, I'd like to know what kind of mods it has because I guarantee you whatever modifications you may have done, if you did those with a WRX, the Suby would still be top dog.
    You're a small dog barking up a big tree my friend...
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    VW owners are no different than other vehicle owners. The only problem I have with VW's are that they are VW's. God I hate working on them.

It's the person you're angry at, not the car in this instance. People are going to be idiots whether they drive a VW, Subaru, Toyota, Ford, Chevy, etc... Let them go, don't do things to piss them off, just drive like you would normally and let them get the ticket for being jackasses.

There is NO good reason to race anyone on the street.
    Those are good points. I actually like the way some of them look, especially the Rabbit and the Polo (the Polo gets like 70mpg with a non-hybrid engine).

I should let them go more often. One time a guy was next to me in an STS when I had my Eclipse. I had a 2001 Eclipse GS and a 2002 Eclipse GT. I was in the GS that day. The guy floors it at the light and at the next light toots the horn and starts berating me for driving a sports ca and not being able to beat him. I told him I didn't know we were racing and a 4 cylinder vs an 8 cylinder isn't a really fair test. It's sort of like a comparison I read recently between an Pontiac G8 GT and a 2008 WRX. I was like, wtf? That's not a fair comparison. Give me the price difference to mod the WRX and it will smoke the G8 GT (I think the G* is like $33K vs the WRX $26K, that'd be $7K in upgrades .

The worst thing about the WV owners is seeing them do that retarded VW gang sign to each other on the road. lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by willryanm View Post
    for me its riced out hondas. they're everywhere, and most of them are all show, no go.
    I forgot about the Hondas. Yeah the Civics and the Accords. More punks.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yuriicide View Post
    I feel your pain dude, trust me. And it's goddamn annoying Over here it's crappy Toyota's. It just ruins my whole day, when I get a blacked out Land Cruiser or Camry with black rims trying to race me/tail gate me the whole way home
    I used to have a 2005 Corolla S, but I drove it like it was: a 2005 Corolla S. It takes a long time to get those cars up to 100, but I see them pretending to be tough anyway. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    look at the date I started this site.. Believe it or not, people learn a thing or two around here. Like said above your mad at the type of owner, not at the type of car. Respect a modded vehicle even if it isnt your taste, someones hard work went in to it.

I didnt say jetta would beat a modded wrx or wrx sti. It will smoke a stock STi yes, hands down no questions asked. Its a forged piston block with apr stage 3+ more. What I ment by this is that dont judge a book by its cover, just because it looks stock, it might not be.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post

I didnt say jetta would beat a modded wrx or wrx sti. It will smoke a stock STi yes, hands down no questions asked. Its a forged piston block with apr stage 3+ more. What I ment by this is that dont judge a book by its cover, just because it looks stock, it might not be.
    It still doesn't explain why those drivers do that. To me, it's just nuts. I have an idea what it's really about, maybe some of these guys are "lacking" in other areas and trying to compensate.

As for the faster car, it also has a lot to do with the driver. A guy driving a Z4 tried to race me years ago when I had the Eclipse GS.
    I beat him because he seemed clueless when it came to shifting and changing lanes.

I Support ClubWRX
    Everytime I drive one of the STis I always get cars trying to race me. If you think the jetta is modded you should see my STi mod list.. Most just want you to show them what the car can do. If you took the bait theyd probably give you a thumbs up when you spanked em. Thats all.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast