Why VW Owners Piss Me Off - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 121 to 133 of 133

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews How long did you go to school for? 9 months. Took day and night. Also went ...

  1. #121
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    How long did you go to school for?
    9 months. Took day and night. Also went back later for interior and custom upholstery.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #122
    Registered User wrxgc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Encampment, WY / Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Yes I did.


    Wyoming technical institute

    collision repair
    custom fabrication
    collision refinishing
    custom painting
    high performance engines
    chassis
    Are you still working in that/those areas?
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

  4. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what you're point is anymore. It's become so skewed by your ignorance and short sightedness that I don't even know what to say anymore.

    Even if you own a GT-R people will try and race you and there will always be someone faster than you. Always.
    Skewed by my ignorance? This is a WRX forum. Am I supposed to say the SRT-4 is a better car? Never. Never gonna happen. I would take one as a gift, but I would never pay for one. Even if it could by chance beat me on the track I still wouldn't want it. Overall the WRX, or even just an Impreza is a much better car.

    As for the Jetta, obviously I can't tell what's under the hood just by looking at it, but then they can't tell just by looking at my car either, can they? I could be in an STi that's debadged. Most of the tuned/modded WRXs are faster than the stock STis anyway so it could be one of those cars.

    The GT-R has a very few competitors on the road. Most of which are probably as common to see as the Nissan. On occasion I see some Lambos that could probably take it, though I'm not sure, maybe they can't. When that car came out they said it could crush cars that cost 5 times as much..

  5. #124
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxgc View Post
    Are you still working in that/those areas?
    Am I working in them, no. I do have a few ventures that dabble in that stuff tho. I do all my own work, all my own restorations and that kind of thing. My main job is a long story but temporarily on hold. So I am working on getting my restaurant opened a little sooner


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  6. #125
    Registered User wrxgc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Encampment, WY / Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    My main job is a long story but temporarily on hold. So I am working on getting my restaurant opened a little sooner
    Cliff notes version?
    As long as you have all that tasty local Oregon beer on tap, I'll be a regular .
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

  7. #126
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,583
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    Skewed by my ignorance? This is a WRX forum. Am I supposed to say the SRT-4 is a better car? Never. Never gonna happen. I would take one as a gift, but I would never pay for one. Even if it could by chance beat me on the track I still wouldn't want it. Overall the WRX, or even just an Impreza is a much better car.

    As for the Jetta, obviously I can't tell what's under the hood just by looking at it, but then they can't tell just by looking at my car either, can they? I could be in an STi that's debadged. Most of the tuned/modded WRXs are faster than the stock STis anyway so it could be one of those cars.

    The GT-R has a very few competitors on the road. Most of which are probably as common to see as the Nissan. On occasion I see some Lambos that could probably take it, though I'm not sure, maybe they can't. When that car came out they said it could crush cars that cost 5 times as much..
    I think we're past you now.

    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Am I working in them, no. I do have a few ventures that dabble in that stuff tho. I do all my own work, all my own restorations and that kind of thing. My main job is a long story but temporarily on hold. So I am working on getting my restaurant opened a little sooner
    What kind of restaurant is it? And when is it gonna open? I wan't to eat there!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  8. #127
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I think we're past you now.
    You're past me now... you can't go start a restaurant thread somewhere else?


    Seriously, the attitude some of you have on here, if you don't agree with us, screw you, really sucks. Reminds me of the people on the Ninjavideo forums. Real friendly bunch. The minute you disagree they all turn on you like sharks.

  9. #128
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    As for the job, PM me if you wanna know.

    Restaurant will be a 2 part deal actually. One side with a bar type to it with lot of good food that isn't normal for a bar/sports bar. The other is a pizza restaurant that won't necessarily be fine dining but it won't be a round table type pizzaria. With banquet rooms, large game area and a lunch buffet area
    Last edited by T0rque; 05-03-2010 at 01:00 AM.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  10. #129
    Registered User wrxgc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Encampment, WY / Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    629
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    You're past me now... you can't go start a restaurant thread somewhere else?


    Seriously, the attitude some of you have on here, if you don't agree with us, screw you, really sucks. Reminds me of the people on the Ninjavideo forums. Real friendly bunch. The minute you disagree they all turn on you like sharks.
    I'm really not trying to criticize you here, I just want you to realize that when you start a thread about how "_____ piss you off", things might get controversial. Most people here would rather stay on the positive, and so expect some dissent when you want to talk badly about a certain group of people. Someone is bound to stick up for someone else, you just happened to choose an area where some feel more strongly than others.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

  11. #130
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,583
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    As for the job, PM me if you wanna know.

    Restaurant will be a 2 part deal actually. One side with a bar type to it with lot of good food that isn't normal for a bar/sports bar. The other is a pizza restaurant that won't necessarily be fine dining but it won't be a round table type pizzaria. With banquet rooms, large game area and a lunch buffeting
    area
    Oooooh...I want pizza.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  12. #131
    Registered User willryanm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Seaside, OR
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    As for the job, PM me if you wanna know.

    Restaurant will be a 2 part deal actually. One side with a bar type to it with lot of good food that isn't normal for a bar/sports bar. The other is a pizza restaurant that won't necessarily be fine dining but it won't be a round table type pizzaria. With banquet rooms, large game area and a lunch buffeting
    area
    I'll have to stop by if I'm ever down south.

  13. #132
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,521
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's going to be rad. Wood fired, real pizzas. Some other things I'll let you know when it gets goin but anyway I'm done thread jackin..

    This should probably be closed since the op dislikes anything but his actual car.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  14. #133
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,004
    I Support ClubWRX
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •