Why VW Owners Piss Me Off - Page 8
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX Open source tune with a downpipe would eliminate any thoughts about that eclipse being even remotely ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Open source tune with a downpipe would eliminate any thoughts about that eclipse being even remotely close to how fast your Wrx is.
    No, I know that. I'm just saying the fastest car I had before the WRX was the Eclipse. And it was plenty fast. The difference between the 2001 GS and the 2002 GT I got was even a lot. Plus, the 2002 had all leather, moonroof, great sound system. Then I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee (fail), and then the WRX.

It was actually a toss up between the FJ Cruiser and the WRX. I'm still into the FJ but I always wanted the WRX.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    3 most important things to me in a car are a cup holder, heat, and a working radio. I remember I asked Subaru about the radio. I got mine used, 2008 with 7,000 miles on it for $19K, but I said to them, "This is one of your premium cars. No fog lights and an 80 watt radio, what gives? Even the Outback Impreza has fog lights and it's less money"

Their answer was they felt the value of the car was in the car, not the radio or fog lights, but they would be happy to upgrade the car for $1,000. I don't think so.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    He'd kind of have to because that nifty feature on the Jetta isn't going to help.
    Listen here scooter... Bag on VWs all day long if you want. I tried to play nice and answer your questions, comments and concerns like I am supposed too. I simply told you not to judge a book by it's cover, the jetta landed over 350 horsepower to the tires this past week and it has the driveability it did stock, beat that with your WRX.

While you sit on here and complain about crappy vw owners, vw owners sit on vortex and complain about douche bag Wrx owners the same as mitsu guys and honda guys and Saturn chevy and whatever.. Here is the other side of that line... While you sit here and talk about your Wrx being the best thing ever several people have tried to say it is not and that you should refrain from speaking like an idiot even tho you continue to do so.

Have a nice day, hopefully tomorrow some cheese **** jetta owner hands you your ass in a street race. I bet you'd never step foot in here and admit that happened.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    bo you're a very angry person
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea I have noticed that a time or two..

It just seems like everytime someone makes a suggestion or speaks to him normal or nicely he doesn't like it and whips another comment. Maybe I am just a ****.

Bo, I forgot to ask you this last night. I remember you mentioned you went to school not far east of where I'm moving - did you go to go to Wyoming in Laramie?
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I did.

Wyoming technical institute

collision repair
    custom fabrication
    collision refinishing
    custom painting
    high performance engines
    chassis

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yea I have noticed that a time or two..

It just seems like everytime someone makes a suggestion or speaks to him normal or nicely he doesn't like it and whips another comment. Maybe I am just a ****.

Banned
    While you sit here and talk about your Wrx being the best thing ever several people have tried to say it is not and that you should refrain from speaking like an idiot even tho you continue to do so.

Have a nice day, hopefully tomorrow some cheese **** jetta owner hands you your ass in a street race. I bet you'd never step foot in here and admit that happened.

Stop being grumpy. I'm not saying your Jetta couldn't beat my WRX. I'm saying a stock Jetta has no business trying. I have a friend with a Dodge Viper. How would any of our cars stack up to that one?

If a suped up Jetta tried to race me, would I try to race it? It depends on what he did ahead of time. Was it a friendly challenge? Did he cut me off? Are the conditions right? I might. I don't know. If I lost would I admit it? Yeah. There have been times on the road I just didn't have the room to get around other cars to "beat" some other guy. A guy in a Saab 9-3 did that to me last week. I was grocery shopping, he wanted to race. I had traffic on my side and a trunk full of groceries. So he "beat me" when he took off. I was going to follow him and ask if he wanted to race someplace safe after I put my groceries away.....

Maybe I'm just smart enough not to race cars I know are faster than mine. I haven't come across any sleeper cars, and since I usually only race one light to the next, it hasn't been an issue.

Maybe it takes more for a WRX to beat another car because of whatever Subaru did to the engine design, so maybe we can get two cars, your Jetta, my WRX, get them matched evenly in every way, then race. Then it comes down to the driver.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I did.

Wyoming technical institute

collision repair
    custom fabrication
    collision refinishing
    custom painting
    high performance engines
    chassis
    How long did you go to school for?

Banned
    Like I originally stated: I don't go looking for races and get annoyed when people try. I've passed Ferraris on the highway even when I had my Mazda Protege. They weren't racing. They were driving. I happened to be going faster is all. That's the way I drive my car: I drive. I'm not out to prove anything. On occasion I like to play when other people start. Most of the cars on the road simply aren't faster than cars like the WRX, the SRT, the Mustang, etc. So why bother?

I had a friend who said if your car has a spoiler, and it could be a Hyundai Elantra GT (not sure what the GT is for on that car) and people will want to race. If it looks fast for some reason it pisses them off. But to me it's like seeing those guys who spend all the time in the gym and get ripped and asking to do a bench press competition with them. Why? You might win, but it isn't likely.

If I ever have enough I'll get my GT-R and be done with it

Banned
    Anyone know why the page jumps around? Sometimes the most recent is at the high number, sometimes it's at the low number.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stop being grumpy. I'm not saying your Jetta couldn't beat my WRX. I'm saying a stock Jetta has no business trying. I have a friend with a Dodge Viper. How would any of our cars stack up to that one?

If a suped up Jetta tried to race me, would I try to race it? It depends on what he did ahead of time. Was it a friendly challenge? Did he cut me off? Are the conditions right? I might. I don't know. If I lost would I admit it? Yeah. There have been times on the road I just didn't have the room to get around other cars to "beat" some other guy. A guy in a Saab 9-3 did that to me last week. I was grocery shopping, he wanted to race. I had traffic on my side and a trunk full of groceries. So he "beat me" when he took off. I was going to follow him and ask if he wanted to race someplace safe after I put my groceries away.....

Maybe I'm just smart enough not to race cars I know are faster than mine. I haven't come across any sleeper cars, and since I usually only race one light to the next, it hasn't been an issue.

Maybe it takes more for a WRX to beat another car because of whatever Subaru did to the engine design, so maybe we can get two cars, your Jetta, my WRX, get them matched evenly in every way, then race. Then it comes down to the driver.
    You must have xray vision or something to be able to tell if a car is modded and to what extent it is modded.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not being grumpy, I'm not saying "my jetta" I'm clearly saying what can be done to them. You can easily see in the picture that other than a front mount that car is
    stock.. Never judge a book by it's cover. The comment about your buddies viper.. Ok? Where does that come from? Your Wrx is not much off of a base gli/gti performance wise and the only reason you do take them is because of the awd. That's all I'm saying.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Like I originally stated: I don't go looking for races and get annoyed when people try. I've passed Ferraris on the highway even when I had my Mazda Protege. They weren't racing. They were driving. I happened to be going faster is all. That's the way I drive my car: I drive. I'm not out to prove anything. On occasion I like to play when other people start. Most of the cars on the road simply aren't faster than cars like the WRX, the SRT, the Mustang, etc. So why bother?

I had a friend who said if your car has a spoiler, and it could be a Hyundai Elantra GT (not sure what the GT is for on that car) and people will want to race. If it looks fast for some reason it pisses them off. But to me it's like seeing those guys who spend all the time in the gym and get ripped and asking to do a bench press competition with them. Why? You might win, but it isn't likely.

If I ever have enough I'll get my GT-R and be done with it
    I'm not exactly sure what you're point is anymore. It's become so skewed by your ignorance and short sightedness that I don't even know what to say anymore.

Even if you own a GT-R people will try and race you and there will always be someone faster than you. Always.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.