Why VW Owners Piss Me Off - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Drews Child labor at its finest! I spent the first 8 years of my life as a ...

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Child labor at its finest!
    I spent the first 8 years of my life as a TV remote...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    I spent the first 8 years of my life as a TV remote...
    tru.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxgc View Post

Put any two cars with similar price tag, similar engine size and output, and you will see kids racing them all over the place.
    Aside from the weight difference, the thing I would worry about with the WRX is the F'ing turbo lag. It takes forever for the car to get up and go, and while I know my old Eclipse GT was slower off the line it sure seemed to get going a lot quicker and it didn't even have a turbo.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    Aside from the weight difference, the thing I would worry about with the WRX is the F'ing turbo lag. It takes forever for the car to get up and go, and while I know my old Eclipse GT was slower off the line it sure seemed to get going a lot quicker and it didn't even have a turbo.
    you're thinking of boost threshold, not turbo lag. They are two very different things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger#Turbo_lag

The turbo lag on a stock WRX is almost unobservable, since it is a small turbo.
    Last edited by zax; 05-02-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling fix
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    sucks to be you... When I unlock all four doors on my jetta and hold the unlock button down all four windows roll down letting that breath taking underwear soaking hot nasty air out before I get to my..........VOLKSWAGEN
    Umm, okay, we were talking about the disadvantage of not having power windows there and you trumped it with some VW gadget. Tell me, when there's a foot of snow on the ground, which button do you hit on your VW to get the traction I get from the WRX?

Anyway, if remote starters were an option I would use one. I never park in gear, I'm not really sure why anyone does. The only exception would be if I had to park on a ridiculous incline.

Banned
    I know that when I get my car put together I'm going to want to see what it can do or how it stacks up to the competition. You're viewing things strictly in HP which doesn't necessarily mean faster. If the HP and TQ numbers are close there are many factors that go into the speed of a vehicle. Weight, gearing, aerodynamics...
    No I get why they do it, I just think some of them are stupid. I haven't come across any tuned Jettas, but I've beaten every Jetta that tried to race me. However, I don't run and tell my friends with tuner cars I beat a Jetta because they'd think I was an idiot for even mentioning it.

Banned
    VWs and BMWs have been doing that for years. My 91 525 didn't have keyless entry but I could hold the key in the lock or unlock position in the door and the windows would go up or down respectively.

My car has a special panic button that only ever scares the crap out of me, and it has an alarm that only I ever manage to set off. Seriously. If my car has the doors locked but the windows down and I forget and reach in and open it from the inside, "HONK!, HONK!, HONK!, HONK!, HONK!, HONK!" Who exactly does that help? What kind of burglar would break in from the inside? lol

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Anyway, if remote starters were an option I would use one. I never park in gear, I'm not really sure why anyone does. The only exception would be if I had to park on a ridiculous incline.
    yeah, definitely not a good idea. You may think that you never park in gear, but it only takes one time for you to **** up your car. My buddy bypassed the safety and put a remote starter on his manual RSX-S. Ended up remote starting the car when it was in 1st gear. The car ricocheted off 4 houses and buried itself 10 feet below water in the local lake.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Umm, okay, we were talking about the disadvantage of not having power windows there and you trumped it with some VW gadget. Tell me, when there's a foot of snow on the ground, which button do you hit on your VW to get the traction I get from the WRX?
    He pushes the unlock button on his WRX remote
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX

I answered your manual window bull crap in another post, that quoted response is in relation to your hot outside post about windows.

The button I push when it snows is garage door number 4 plus security code and opens door 4 where my STi sits.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    you're thinking of boost threshold, not turbo lag. They are two very different things:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbocharger#Turbo_lag

The turbo lag on a stock WRX is almost unobservable, since it is a small turbo.
    I was talking about the time between when I accelerate, and the turbo seems to cooperate and respond. It was my understanding that is turbo lag. It feels like the car is hesitating then all of a sudden it launches. Maybe I'm just too used to non-turbo cars. My Eclipse I hit the gas then when I dropped the clutch, the car took off. No hesitation.

I Support ClubWRX
    He pushes the unlock button on one of his STi remotes

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    yeah, definitely not a good idea. You may think that you never park in gear, but it only takes one time for you to **** up your car. My buddy bypassed the safety and put a remote starter on his manual RSX-S. Ended up remote starting the car when it was in 1st gear. The car ricocheted off 4 houses and buried itself 10 feet below water in the local lake.
    See the problem with that is no one ever told me to park in gear. To me, park was neutral with the parking brake on flat surfaces. I only started driving stick 10 years ago (not counting motorcycles). I still park in neutral. I NEVER forget. Now, when I get my car serviced, they almost always park in gear, so guess what happens. I start it up, take my foot off the clutch and scare the hell out of myself.

I Support ClubWRX
    Open source tune with a downpipe would eliminate any thoughts about that eclipse being even remotely close to how fast your Wrx is.

Banned
    He pushes the unlock button on his WRX remote
    He'd kind of have to because that nifty feature on the Jetta isn't going to help.