Why VW Owners Piss Me Off - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by John M This made me think of two cars lining up at some deserted redlight, madly rolling ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post

This made me think of two cars lining up at some deserted redlight, madly rolling their windows up & down instead of revving engines. Whoever gets the most complete up & down cycles wins!

There used to be two idiots in West Haven, CT that would hang out at this Dunkin Donuts. One had an STi, one had an Evo. They used to park facing out with their hoods up. At the time I had a Corolla S and I was so tempted to park next to them with my hood up, hoping they would say anything so I could say "40 mpg *****".

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    But seriously, instead of parking with your hood up, why not just let everyone know how little it is? Because I can get a faster car, if they're lacking in other areas, there's nothing they can do about it.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    There used to be two idiots in West Haven, CT that would hang out at this Dunkin Donuts. One had an STi, one had an Evo. They used to park facing out with their hoods up. At the time I had a Corolla S and I was so tempted to park next to them with my hood up, hoping they would say anything so I could say "40 mpg *****".
    lmao this would have been very funny
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    read his sig.

I don't think your stage 1 WRX can hold a candle to his former 626 WHP SRT

Yeah, well that's true. But if my car were 626 whp he'd have problems.

That's something else I don't get: a lot of the people who try to race me will tell me they have 500+ whp from the mods. What am I supposed to do about that? Isn't that a little like me trying to race a Dodge Caravan? What's the point, and why should the other person feel bad about it? They spent extra money because they wanted their car to go faster. Fine. So race someone with a similar car. Don't try to punk people with 300 less hp. That's like Mike Tyson picking a fight with Eminem. How's that fair?

Banned
    lmao this would have been very funny

The other thing I've been dying to do is follow one of the tards who races down a main road cutting people off, but only if he has a girl in the car. Pull up next to him and ask for his autograph. When he asks who I think he is, I'll say, "Driving like that I thought you were Jeff Gordon."

zax
    Yeah, well that's true. But if my car were 626 whp he'd have problems.
    IMO your neglecting the weight difference between the SRT-4 and the WRX . Even if your car had 626 WHP, the SRT-4 would still pull on your car once it connects. The SRT-4 is about 2750 lbs, WRX is about 3250 lbs.

BTW when my wagon was stage II (around 220 WHP) my buddy's stock SRT-4 (also around 220 WHP) would SMOKE me from a 4 mph roll.
    Last edited by zax; 05-02-2010 at 04:14 PM.

Facebook me here

I understand what the OP is talking about, some of the VW owners around my area drive like DBs too. Not all, some are really nice guys, but quite a few...
    Last edited by hieu1004; 05-02-2010 at 04:22 PM.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

Banned
    IMO your neglecting the weight difference between the SRT-4 and the WRX . Even if your car had 626 WHP, the SRT-4 would still pull on your car once it connects. The SRT-4 is about 2750 lbs, WRX is about 3250 lbs.

BTW when my wagon was stage II (around 220 WHP) my buddy's stock SRT-4 (also around 220 WHP) would SMOKE me from a 4 mph roll.
    I just found this on another forum, not me, but I agree: "The SRT-4 is a Neon w/ a turbo, oversized rims, and stiff suspension. It looks like a fruitcake car and cheaply built and designed. They lost half their overpriced value within a year of being new. Yes, they can be very fast, but totally worthless piles of junk!"

Oh, and if the SRT-4 has more hp and weighs 500 pounds less, that isn't exactly a fair contest is it? Give me the same amount of hp and lower my weight (or raise his) and I guarantee I'll win every time. It keeps reminding me of the review of the G8 GT vs the 08 WRX. I was like WTF? How is that a fair lineup. Let's just compare the Nissan GT-R to the Porsche Boxster while we're at it. lol
    Last edited by teikyo30; 05-02-2010 at 04:48 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Your not really even thinking logically. You sound like your wanting street race after street race but your pissed about a possible fair match. You all laugh at the srt-4s for having manual rear windows but after years of having power rear windows.. How many times do you really use them? 99% or the time my passenger lock down feature is on so my son doesn't roll his window down and chuck his hot wheel at the car next to us.. If I didn't have to pay for all electric windows I wouldn't.. That car is basically the iconic muscle car of today. It is the biggest piece of **** cheap car they were building with the biggest forced induction 4 cylinder they made shoved in it. With dollar saving options like manual rear windows. Think of it as the chevy II of the 2000s, dodge dart.. Any of those
    Last edited by T0rque; 05-02-2010 at 04:58 PM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Your not really even thinking logically. You sound like your wanting street race after street race but your pissed about a possible fair match. You all laugh at the srt-4s for having manual rear windows but after years of having power rear windows.. How many times do you really use them? 99% or the time my passenger lock down feature is on so my son doesn't roll his window down and chuck his hot wheel at the car next to
    us..

Not really sure who you're replying to since you didn't quote, but when it's hot I use my power windows in the rear every day. I used them today, and yesterday. It'd kind of suck to have to get in the back seat to put them down. Those guys pay $20,000 and can't get power windows in the rear? lol

Personally, I hate a/c, so if it's hot, windows down. The only exception is if it's retardedly humid, which in New England happens every summer, and then I put the a/c on to get rid of that, then get in the car, shut the a/c off once I'm driving and power down all 4 windows I wish I had a sunroof on this car, but 08s don't have that option.

99% or the time my passenger lock down feature is on so my son doesn't roll his window down and chuck his hot wheel at the car next to us..

I agree, if you want a fair race, convince your best friend to get the same EXACT car as you (because color, of course, influences horsepower) and put the same modifications in it - then race. Otherwise, every race is not fair, because there will always be subtle differences. Racing and winning is about overcoming those subtle, and sometimes not-so-subtle, differences.

Put any two cars with similar price tag, similar engine size and output, and you will see kids racing them all over the place.
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

I Support ClubWRX
    Not really sure who you're replying to since you didn't quote, but when it's hot I use my power windows in the rear every day. I used them today, and yesterday. It'd kind of suck to have to get in the back seat to put them down. Those guys pay $20,000 and can't get power windows in the rear? lol

Personally, I hate a/c, so if it's hot, windows down. The only exception is if it's retardedly humid, which in New England happens every summer, and then I put the a/c on to get rid of that, then get in the car, shut the a/c off once I'm driving and power down all 4 windows I wish I had a sunroof on this car, but 08s don't have that option.
    sucks to be you... When I unlock all four doors on my jetta and hold the unlock button down all four windows roll down letting that breath taking underwear soaking hot nasty air out before I get to my..........VOLKSWAGEN

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

zax
    sucks to be you... When I unlock all four doors on my jetta and hold the unlock button down all four windows roll down letting that breath taking underwear soaking hot nasty air out before I get to my..........VOLKSWAGEN
    wait, what year did they implement that bo?

Facebook me here

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just found this on another forum, not me, but I agree: "The SRT-4 is a Neon w/ a turbo, oversized rims, and stiff suspension. It looks like a fruitcake car and cheaply built and designed. They lost half their overpriced value within a year of being new. Yes, they can be very fast, but totally worthless piles of junk!"

Oh, and if the SRT-4 has more hp and weighs 500 pounds less, that isn't exactly a fair contest is it? Give me the same amount of hp and lower my weight (or raise his) and I guarantee I'll win every time. It keeps reminding me of the review of the G8 GT vs the 08 WRX. I was like WTF? How is that a fair lineup. Let's just compare the Nissan GT-R to the Porsche Boxster while we're at it. lol
    I'm sure you could easily find 500lbs of junk to pull out of your car. And it's not like they pay to have the car lightened. You bought your WRX and other people buy whatever it is that tickles their fancy. Like Bo said...most people just want to see what your car can do. And it has nothing to do with being a fair lineup when they are comparing cars. They are just showing you what you can get for your dollar. You should really do some reading and research on why they compare cars since you obviously don't get it.

I know that when I get my car put together I'm going to want to see what it can do or how it stacks up to the competition. You're viewing things strictly in HP which doesn't necessarily mean faster. If the HP and TQ numbers are close there are many factors that go into the speed of a vehicle. Weight, gearing, aerodynamics...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    wait, what year did they implement that bo?
    VWs and BMWs have been doing that for years. My 91 525 didn't have keyless entry but I could hold the key in the lock or unlock position in the door and the windows would go up or down respectively.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.