Why VW Owners Piss Me Off - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 133

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm working on saying the same. The wheels are in motion, so to speak, just takes patience. I'm glad things ...

  1. #46
    Registered User wrxgc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Encampment, WY / Kennett Square, PA
    Posts
    629
    I'm working on saying the same. The wheels are in motion, so to speak, just takes patience. I'm glad things have worked out for you.

    P.S. I could see the success a mile away from the hot kicks your son is wearing in the picture. So much for subtlety..
    Float like a butterfly and sting like when I pee

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    His nikes or his American eagle (77kids) clothes? Lol

    thank you, I hope all works out well for you. Mine was mostly recent. I haven't done bad for myself ever but when I was a technician money wasn't exactly in my bank all the time. I'm happy to say I'm doing fine these days


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  4. #48
    Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Davey Jones Locker
    Posts
    8,516
    I Support ClubWRX
    I need a better job :|
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS


    Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

    Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

  5. #49
    Registered User Thruxton865's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    Just the AP and the exhaust? Does that really make much difference? I was thinking with the turbo from the new WRX it would....
    I can tell the difference of course the catback is for sound not really performance untill I get the downpipe. The AP is great am glad I got it. I am planning on taking it to the dragstrip soon, only close one is an 1/8 mile though. The people not in the know around here think mine is an STI because of the speed, SRT-4, ION redline, then I tell them I am a stock wrx. I made agreement with wife if I bought AP I would not street race, good step in by my wife.
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

  6. #50
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,849
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    I need a better job :|
    This
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

  7. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Thruxton865 View Post
    I can tell the difference of course the catback is for sound not really performance untill I get the downpipe. The AP is great am glad I got it. I am planning on taking it to the dragstrip soon, only close one is an 1/8 mile though. The people not in the know around here think mine is an STI because of the speed, SRT-4, ION redline, then I tell them I am a stock wrx. I made agreement with wife if I bought AP I would not street race, good step in by my wife.
    It's not really stock though, is it? I mean my car is the same as the day I got it from Subaru. Stock. The only thing I changed were the headlight bulbs. Unfortunately that upgrade didn't give me any more hp.

  8. #52
    Registered User Fyers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Aurora, Colorado
    Posts
    50
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    look at the date I started this site.. Believe it or not, people learn a thing or two around here. Like said above your mad at the type of owner, not at the type of car. Respect a modded vehicle even if it isnt your taste, someones hard work went in to it.

    I didnt say jetta would beat a modded wrx or wrx sti. It will smoke a stock STi yes, hands down no questions asked. Its a forged piston block with apr stage 3+ more. What I ment by this is that dont judge a book by its cover, just because it looks stock, it might not be.
    My buddy just bought a 2009 passat 2.0 I believe and that thing is freaking fast... it surprised the hell out of me. And its stock. I was driving down the street with him and he decides to speed off while i'm behind him we get to about 110 and I slow down and he kept going and he said he got to 135 and i believe him. He was flying... Driving that fast scares the **** out of me. I'm not gonna lie. I have a few things to live for.

  9. #53
    The Default One SeattleJeremy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    4,488
    I was talking to the Sound Transit bus driver last week, and he said he gets cut off by Prius' all the time, but never Subaru Impreza

  10. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyers View Post
    My buddy just bought a 2009 passat 2.0 I believe and that thing is freaking fast... it surprised the hell out of me. And its stock. I was driving down the street with him and he decides to speed off while i'm behind him we get to about 110 and I slow down and he kept going and he said he got to 135 and i believe him. He was flying... Driving that fast scares the **** out of me. I'm not gonna lie. I have a few things to live for.
    http://www.vw.com/passat/completespe...s/#engineering

  11. #55
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    <-------


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  12. #56
    Registered User 2004NeonSRT4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Oxford,PA
    Posts
    1,068
    there are idiots in every group and were all guilty of it in some way. When I had the srt I always had stis and evos trying to embarrass the neon with there mad traction yo and rear power windows. They would all get destroyed and somehow there attitudes changed. Then other times I would try and catch up to a vette viper etc and try to get them to race being a idiot my self. It all goes around.
    .
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

  13. #57
    Registered User Thruxton865's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ga
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    It's not really stock though, is it? I mean my car is the same as the day I got it from Subaru. Stock. The only thing I changed were the headlight bulbs. Unfortunately that upgrade didn't give me any more hp.
    it was then, if u see in my quote I have not raced since I got the performance upgrades thanks to my wife so read it again and my car was stock then
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

  14. #58
    Registered User John M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Milledgeville, GA
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    When I had the srt I always had stis and evos trying to embarrass the neon with there mad traction yo and rear power windows.

    This made me think of two cars lining up at some deserted redlight, madly rolling their windows up & down instead of revving engines. Whoever gets the most complete up & down cycles wins!
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

  15. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    there are idiots in every group and were all guilty of it in some way. When I had the srt I always had stis and evos trying to embarrass the neon with there mad traction yo and rear power windows. They would all get destroyed and somehow there attitudes changed. Then other times I would try and catch up to a vette viper etc and try to get them to race being a idiot my self. It all goes around.
    .
    You must have changed the SRT. I've answered those calls and smoked a few.

  16. #60
    zax
    zax is offline
    \_(ツ)_/ zax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Neverland Ranch, Maryland
    Posts
    12,849
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    You must have changed the SRT. I've answered those calls and smoked a few.
    read his sig.

    I don't think your stage 1 WRX can hold a candle to his former 626 WHP SRT
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

    Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

    Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •