Why VW Owners Piss Me Off - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why VW Owners Piss Me Off within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Where I live, Bridgeport, CT, most of the "tuner" people around here have Civics, Jettas, etc and their idea of ...

Banned
    Where I live, Bridgeport, CT, most of the "tuner" people around here have Civics, Jettas, etc and their idea of modding their car is tinted windows and an exhaust tip from Pep Boys. There's a McDonald's near here where they all hang out Friday and Saturday with their neon, Walmart sound systems, etc. I went to get food one night and pulled in and it was like time stood still and you could hear a pin drop. They all just stopped and stared at my car. lol. I'm thinking back at them "Spend more money for a better car". The mentality around here is $500 for the car, $6,000 for the rims instead of $6500 for a used 2002 WRX. I'll never get that way of thinking. Screw sounding fast, I'd rather be fast.

I know my car isn't the fastest one out there, but I have yet to lose to any of the guys that tried to get me to race. Although there was a Supra going the other way today. That is a car I wouldn't mess with. I'd love to get my hands on an R34 Skyline GT-R and go for it though
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There are a couple fast jettas around where i live, i dont know whats done to then besides exhaust, fmic, and bovs but they bark the tires when they pass me somtimes. Ive never raced a turbo'd one. Only car ive lost to in my car was a ws6 when all i had was a catback... he spanked me lol.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    things like this are going to happen on a daily basis for the entire length of owning your wrx.

if you dont want people trying to race you all the time & it frustrates you that much, go buy a yaris or something.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

No one really bothered me too bad untill I got an exhaust. Not too many people around here know the new body style. But now with the exhaust everyone seems to want a peice. I have a friend with a 1.8 GLI VW, it has full exhaust, chipped, CAI, light weight fly wheel and stage 3 clutch. From a dig I kill him, of course, but he is fast when we r rolling. I have not messed with him since I got COBB AP though so we will see.
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    look at the date I started this site.. Believe it or not, people learn a thing or two around here. Like said above your mad at the type of owner, not at the type of car. Respect a modded vehicle even if it isnt your taste, someones hard work went in to it.

I didnt say jetta would beat a modded wrx or wrx sti. It will smoke a stock STi yes, hands down no questions asked. Its a forged piston block with apr stage 3+ more. What I ment by this is that dont judge a book by its cover, just because it looks stock, it might not be.
    You should go to an APR BBQ sometime they put on a good show and give away a stage 3 each year. I go with my Audi and VW friends it is only about 45 minutes from me. They have a nice new building as well
    Current Vehicles:
    2009 WRX 5-Door Premium
    2007 Harley-Davidson Heritage
    2007 Suzuki GS500F (Wifes)
    2006 Triumph Thruxton 900
    1998 Forester S (Wifes)
    1976 Ford F-150 (project)

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    They wont blame you for wishing your cars interior is 1/4 as cool as theres is..
    ^^^
    This. My girl and I just cosigned on a Jetta GLS 1.8T (auto). Even though I paid about 1/2 as much as I did for my WRX, the interior blows my WRX away in terms of quality. I honestly think it handles and brakes better as well. A stock Jetta is much quicker than you'd expect.

BTW OP, Ashley won't street race anyone and I don't drive like a douche when I'm behind the wheel
    Last edited by zax; 05-01-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Driving style, loudness of exhaust and how the driver looks play into this. Very rarely do people "challenge me" in traffic...they cut me off and do discourteous things, but that's just traffic.

Just like Subaru, VW builds some really nice cars, and are purchased by all sorts of people. Deciding that one brand of car has all of the jerks is what I've always called the professional wrestling approach to being an enthusiast..us versus them, etc. It's a waste of valuable life energy, IMO.

Cheers!
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    go buy a yaris or something.
    I lol'd
    2009 Red WRX Sedan
    2003 Red Honda VFR
    1998 Red(ish) Regal GSX, Stage 3 Supercharged (SOLD)
    1991 Red K5 Blazer (SOLD)

LPP, any pictures of your VW anywhere?
    2006 WRB WRX Sedan @ Stage 2

www.grahamsnodgrass.com

and those VW guys are always showing up to our Subie meets and drinking all the beer
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Thruxton865 View Post
    No one really bothered me too bad untill I got an exhaust. Not too many people around here know the new body style. But now with the exhaust everyone seems to want a peice. I have a friend with a 1.8 GLI VW, it has full exhaust, chipped, CAI, light weight fly wheel and stage 3 clutch. From a dig I kill him, of course, but he is fast when we r rolling. I have not messed with him since I got COBB AP though so we will see.
    Just the AP and the exhaust? Does that really make much difference? I was thinking with the turbo from the new WRX it would....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    ^^^
    This. My girl and I just cosigned on a Jetta GLS 1.8T (auto). Even though I paid about 1/2 as much as I did for my WRX, the interior blows my WRX away in terms of quality. I honestly think it handles and brakes better as well. A stock Jetta is much quicker than you'd expect.

BTW OP, Ashley won't street race anyone and I don't drive like a douche when I'm behind the wheel

I don't know what the interior of the Jetta looks like but I think Subaru's plan is to stick with drab and boring. I just read a review of the new Mazdaspeed3 vs the WRX and they made a lot of comments on how boring the WRX is in terms of styling and interior.

As for the Jetta being fast, from what I'm seeing online the automatic does 60 in about 8 seconds.....still, there's no reason to tear around like a bat out of hell. I hear you that you guys don't, but around here the VWs, Audis, and Hondas are all zipping around like they're on their way to the Black Friday sale at Walmart. Funny, I never see WRXs or Evos driving like that. Mustangs do, but those gear heads are in a different category.

Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    Just the AP and the exhaust? Does that really make much difference? I was thinking with the turbo from the new WRX it would....
    There's better turbo options then that...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    As for the Jetta being fast, from what I'm seeing online the automatic does 60 in about 8 seconds
    IMO 0-60 times are overused and show nothing. Do you really think that the 2009 WRX accelerates as fast as a dodge charger srt-8 because the 0-60 times are similar? The charger traps about 8 mph above the WRX at the quarter mile mark

Yes, the WRX is faster than the Jetta in a stock-stock comparison. A stock 2002-2003 runs the 1/4 in about 14.0 seconds @ 96 MPH. For comparison, a 2002 Jetta GLS 5-speed lag behind running the 1/4 in about 14.7 @ 90 MPH. But considering that the EJ205 has about 50 more crank horsepower than the VW 1.8T, I think that this alone warrants the comment that the Jetta GLS is "faster than one may think"

EDIT: Remember, a car is a car and that's about it -- it has no character or morals. If the driver is a douchebag, he'll drive like a ****sucker whether he's flooring a Pagani Zonda F or making the swaybars fall of of a Geo Prizm
    Last edited by zax; 05-01-2010 at 03:10 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    There's better turbo options then that...

Better turbo options if your budget for the turbo itself were around $1,000? I'm not trying to spend $10,000 in upgrades. I have very limited means right now. In the foreseeable future I could probably afford the newer turbo, exhaust, downpipe, intake, and Cobb AP but that's about it. I'm looking to spend maybe $3,000 or so in upgrades after I update the radio.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.