my 04 wrx vs 08 350z hr

This is a discussion on my 04 wrx vs 08 350z hr within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; well guys I raced my friends 08 350z hr yesterday. The 350z hr's are freaking fast from jump street. Their ...

my 04 wrx vs 08 350z hr

well guys I raced my friends 08 350z hr yesterday. The 350z hr's are freaking fast from jump street. Their top end is freakin ridiculous. Well I'll tell you mods and how the race went.

Mods:
    My Rex- Ej255 swap, tbe, fmi, sri, fp 68hta 20psi, stock injectors (I know this was my 1 and only time pushing it with stock injectors), walburo pump, stock clutch, stock motor, also a safe tune but once I get my injectors ill do a aggressive tune

Friends 350z HR- Stock everything besides Stillen Cold Air Intakes (which make a big difference cause i've seen dynoes with just these intakes and they make almost 20whp. )

Race:
    Well I thought he was going to beat me before we even raced but man my car surprised me.
    He said he was in 3rd gear at about 5500 rpms and I was in 4th at about 2800 rpms.
    We both took off and we were dead even then when my boost kicked in man I pulled him like he was standing still. (Plus it didnt help him when he shifted to 4th ). As I past him I had the biggest smile on my face but I felt my car bug like my fuel was maxed out so I let off and my damn clutch is slipping even while I was granny shifting.

Well thats my story. I'm happy with the results of my new turbo from FP and cant wait to get my injectors and tune. Will keep you updated.
    Boosted Raw Crew

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice kill. do you have an after market hood?

They appear to run mid-low 13s at around 105 mph. That's quick I guess but it shouldn't be in the same neighborhood as you with the mods you have. Maybe it was your injectors that kept it close?

I will say I had never heard of an HR before. They do say the standard 370Z makes a little more power and both are about equal to a stock STi.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    They appear to run mid-low 13s at around 105 mph. That's quick I guess but it shouldn't be in the same neighborhood as you with the mods you have. Maybe it was your injectors that kept it close?

I will say I had never heard of an HR before. They do say the standard 370Z makes a little more power and both are about equal to a stock STi.
    HR is because of the VQ35HR engines in the 2007-2008 350z's. HR stood for "High Rev" as the redline was higher (7500rpm) than the previously used VQ35DE (6500rpm).

They began using twin intakes on the HRs as they suck in a lot of air. Very awesome engines which benefit highly from opening up the intake and exhaust systems.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Yea I do have an aftermarket hood.

Yea I felt my car bug alot cause of my fuel. Plus I really need a tune once I get the bigger injectors. Then it will really open up.

Yea the HR has dual intakes. You hit the info right on the money. Those cars are quick from jump street. stock to stock I was in the car when he took an sti pretty bad.
    Boosted Raw Crew

would you be interested in selling your stock hood at some point this summer? Im buying an 04 and it has a carbon fiber hood on it and Id prefer it stock. let me know!

still a newbie to the forum. mods let me know if these kinds of questions arent allowed

sry man i have to keep my stock hood cause my carbo hood looks kind a jacked up cause of the sun so i have to send it to get re gel'd.
    Boosted Raw Crew

hey man, you need a round two against that car.

i think its a bad idea for him to start at such high revs, and you probably need to be around 4k when you start.

keep us updated on your injector situation. You can always mod your oem injectors to over 700cc. Then ship them to a company that will clean and flow test them for you. All this will be much cheaper than new 700+ injectors