Comparison of Subaru AWD to compeditors
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Comparison of Subaru AWD to compeditors within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or in the AWD. While not specific to a WRX, this ...

Comparison of Subaru AWD to compeditors

I'm not sure if this belongs in this forum or in the AWD. While not specific to a WRX, this is a video that compares the Subaru Symmetrical AWD and traction control system to other manufacturers, putting them to the test on a dyno.

http://www.nathanhoag.com/2010/04/th...nt-subaru.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Video does not seem to work, just get a blank square...

blank square

Quote Originally Posted by MMC_555 View Post
    Video does not seem to work, just get a blank square...
    It would seem that you do not have a browser plug-in to play the video?

That is impressive.

I really wish I could understand the DCCD better.
    DCCD Explained

I think I read that thing 3 times now and I still don't understand it. All I think I know is locked is better for snow because it will try to send more power to the wheels with more traction while open will allow the diff to slip causing the wheels with less traction the ability to spin at a different speed than the other wheels.

Oh and open is nice for turning because it allows the diffs to slip quicker causing the wheels to spin at different speeds which happens when you turn. Even my auto setting does it to some extent. I did it in lock once or twice on accident on dry pavement which made me cringe. Reminds me of trying to turn a pick up in 4wd, *hop hop hop*
    Last edited by viperuws; 04-28-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    CGM 2006 Subaru Impreza WRX - Sold
    WRB 2007 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
    Hawk-Eye alliance #100.1

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's a pretty old video.

Quote Originally Posted by viperuws View Post
    That is impressive.

I really wish I could understand the DCCD better.
    DCCD Explained

wow, this needs to have more pictures than words then i might be able to understand it. . . .

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.