WRX vs. Audi R8 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Audi R8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Being a Hayabusa owner I appreciated this awesome footage of the R8. Check out 3:20 in the video as that's ...

Being a Hayabusa owner I appreciated this awesome footage of the R8. Check out 3:20 in the video as that's when it gets fun!

YouTube - Audi R8 meets Suzuki Hayabusa in Jaisalmer

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admittedly I'm not a huge supercar guy, but I am a porsche fanboi! The R8 just doesn't do a lot for me. Dunno. .

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Admittedly I'm not a huge supercar guy, but I am a porsche fanboi! The R8 just doesn't do a lot for me. Dunno. .
    Audi did make some great Porsches once upon a time though!
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Give the Audi R8 the old 5cylinder engine from the Audi Group B Rally Quattro. 500+hp that claimed 2 lives in the first year of use if I remember right. Plus the sound! It was unreal.

Just watch the first 2 mins of this video and you will understand.....

YouTube - Audi Quattro Sport S1 Rally Group B "Total Tribute"

oh and the drift at 2.04 is amazing!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    Give the Audi R8 the old 5cylinder engine from the Audi Group B Rally Quattro. 500+hp that claimed 2 lives in the first year of use if I remember right. Plus the sound! It was unreal.

Audi is OK, I've always been a Toyota fan and probably never would have purchased the WRX if Toyota did not own 17%.

My video tribute to the Toyota Celica! YouTube - Toyota Celica rallye video

Quote Originally Posted by jbak View Post
    I'd love to run into a V8 R8. But a V10 would toast me.
    My uncle down in florida and his neighbor have an issue where they have to one up each other. So his neighbor bought a black V8, and my uncle thought i would be funny to get his hands on a white V10

I love the R8, I see at least one a day. Saw a blue one the other day, was incredible. I'd gladly drive one, with a baby seat in the front, airbag disabled of course.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Audi did make some great Porsches once upon a time though!

I Support ClubWRX
    http://www.924.org/models/ShootingBrake.htm

924 (937?) with shooting brake coachwork; max production was roughly a couple dozen examples. Could make one stop and think the Panamera isn't all that new after all:

The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post

I too, like yourself and SD, am a big fan of the group B rally days. Audi Quattro S1, Ford RS200, Rover Metro 6r4, Peugeot T16, and of course, Stig Blomqvist to rule them all!! Either of the forced induction five cylinder quattro S1 or rs200 would be a blast to drive.

Despite the performance increase with the Quattro S1, I think Stig claimed that the Quattro A1 was his absolute favorite rally car, more than any Saab or Audi.

EDIT: I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMl7m_g08eg
    Last edited by zax; 05-07-2010 at 04:28 PM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    When the short Quattro was new, Audi would field a mixed fleet. At the Acropolis in 84 nobody would even bother Blomqvist for an interview beforehand; "not him, he's not a frontrunner, not in that and not any more..." because the car was an unknown quantity and quality, and because, let's face it, even 25 years ago he looked more like a mild mannered librarian than a member of the "world's fastest six men" club. They were all wrong.

He was very approachable though. They all were really; they'd all hang out in the hotel lobby next to the park ferme in the evenings etc. and nobody retreated to an A/Ced caravan behind yellow tape like today. I got the sense that the more adventurous of the lot, those that had found a local tavern here or there in previous years, would sometimes drag out others if they had a common language etc. and everybody would say hello to kids, no problem, guaranteed. Those were the days.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    it's really such a shame that I was drooling in diapers during the Group B days.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMtKqVS1FX0&NR=1

700+ ft/lbs of torque!? I wonder what the 0-60 times will be in this car?
    2010 -White Pearl
    Factory STi Short Throw (Dealer installed)

R8s are nice

738 torque from a diesel? Mercedes already did it 5-6 years ago with a gasoline v12 and managed over a hundred more horsepower in the process.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast