I hate street racing...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on I hate street racing... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I really do. But this guy had it coming. I was pulling out of the gym and this tinkertwat in ...

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

I hate street racing...

I really do. But this guy had it coming.
    I was pulling out of the gym and this tinkertwat in a Dodge Stealth R/T (AWD TT) kept harassing me on the road. He'd pull up next to me, then down shift, drop back behind me and ride my ass. I decided to drive REAL slow. But then we pulled up to a light, side by side. I couldn't see the ****sucker, the windows must be 35% tint all around and it was dark. He kept revving the friggin' engine and all I could smell was unburnt hydrocarbons.

I don't street race, I think it's dangerous, irresponsible, and knowing how damn slow my car really is, I'd probably lose. The last time I street raced was last year against some 55 yo woman in a Carrera 4s who leaned out the window and asked if I'd like to have a little fun I got my ass spanked by an automatic

But this guy was royally pissing me off and, seeing how we were the only two on the road, I said why the **** not? Off the line it was pretty close, with me in the lead (the R/T TT is AWD) even though I feathered the clutch pretty heavily. Either the Stealth R/T (Mitsu GTO) is a 6-spd or it has some seriously short gear ratios b/c he was out of second gear while I had about 1200 RPM to go. Either way, the bastard MISSED 3rd gear entirely and gave me about 2 car lengths by 70 MPH (where I backed off and he turned left) I don't care if you're driving a ****ing Corvette ZR-1 if you can't shift, you might as well be driving a hyundai sonata

I mean, my car is seriously slow. It's a 7 yo stage 1 bugeye, but I am kinda curious about how things would have panned out if the guy had hit 3rd gear clean. The Mitsubishi GTO is a HEAVY HEAVY car, and I imagine the Dodge Stealth is the same given it shares everything but the body style. Either way, I was happy to show that jackass that he didn't know how to drive
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    LOL take that!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

As long as it's an empty road and the race isn't too crazy, it's all good. I hate it when A holes stick so close to your bumper and when you move over they give you this look and fly by thinking they've "won" lmao. You have the better car though. I love the Bug Eyes
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin R.I.P

That's awesome! I have this blue mustang at college that keeps doing this kind of stuff to me. He is always hotdogging it around me, he even started to park in the same lot as me. I know this cause all semester he has been parked in the next lot over but the other day as he was driving by where I park he spotted me and turned in real quick..yep...he probably did 65 as he went passed me in the lot...wtf. The streets are always way to crowded though leaving campus to do anything...well...for me at least...not this asshat...he always takes off like a bat out of hell...I guess he is trying to impress me. Oh well! It is what it is...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    That's awesome! I have this blue mustang at college that keeps doing this kind of stuff to me. He is always hotdogging it around me, he even started to park in the same lot as me. I know this cause all semester he has been parked in the next lot over but the other day as he was driving by where I park he spotted me and turned in real quick..yep...he probably did 65 as he went passed me in the lot...wtf. The streets are always way to crowded though leaving campus to do anything...well...for me at least...not this asshat...he always takes off like a bat out of hell...I guess he is trying to impress me. Oh well! It is what it is...
    LOL. It's probably because he has a crap car and is jealous of yours. Lead him over to some wet roads
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin R.I.P

If he shifted out of second before you did, it just verifies he can't drive. The 5spd cars will do more than 70 in 2nd gear (and 125 in 3rd) and the 6spd still hits 60 before shifting to 3rd.

The weight is a big misconception. Sure, they weigh 3700 lbs but how much to today's v6 TT AWD cars weigh? You guessed it! If a WRX had me as a passenger the weight would be the same so it's not like it's 5000 lbs or anything.

They're 20 year old cars today and odds are good that many are not maintained properly. There's no telling what issues the average 3S on the road has. People jump on one for $4-5k and think they're ready to ride.

>> My old car -- intake, downpipe, 550 injectors, HKS VPC = 12.5 @ 109. Stock turbos, stock fuel pump, stock catback, weighed 4035 lbs with me in it.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    I don't street race, I think it's dangerous, irresponsible, and knowing how damn slow my car really is, I'd probably lose. The last time I street raced was last year against some 55 yo woman in a Carrera 4s who leaned out the window and asked if I'd like to have a little fun I got my ass spanked by an automatic
    I have to admit I don't know how I would respond to a question like that...

Ya that sucks, I am glad it ended safe. Sometimes that's the only way to get rid of those people though... Glad you put him in his place.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

Quote Originally Posted by yuriicide View Post
    LOL. It's probably because he has a crap car and is jealous of yours. Lead him over to some wet roads
    haha +1 or to some dirt lol. and the whole street racing thing man i get that all the time where i live i even had a effing infinity v8 with chopped exhaust race me.... dumb rich kids got spanked by 5 cars and i kept pulling but some ppl just think they have the fastest car in town till they actually get raped lol
    clean for cruising, dirty on play days

It is actually a new Mustang and it looks nice! Sounds good and seems fast....ha....well thats when I am driving like a normal person and he is flooring it. Maybe he won't recognize me when he see's me next time...I just had my wing removed and I am put on bronze rims tomorrow...so maybe he will leave me alone...lol...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

They're rust boxes though. I mean, the Shelby is pretty cool and ofcourse the REAL Mustangs of the 60's but otherwise....

Quote Originally Posted by yuriicide View Post
    They're rust boxes though. I mean, the Shelby is pretty cool and ofcourse the REAL Mustangs of the 60's but otherwise....
    The 11 seems to be kicking up quite a bit of fanfare in its favor. . .even the v6 model.

They're OKAY I guess. I just hate their Mother @#$%$#@! Drivers. I could go say they're actually as bad as SUV drivers
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-14-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: fixed swear word

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ dont dodge the swear filter. part of the club rules & i'd hate to see you get in trouble for something silly

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    If he shifted out of second before you did, it just verifies he can't drive. The 5spd cars will do more than 70 in 2nd gear (and 125 in 3rd) and the 6spd still hits 60 before shifting to 3rd.

The weight is a big misconception. Sure, they weigh 3700 lbs but how much to today's v6 TT AWD cars weigh? You guessed it! If a WRX had me as a passenger the weight would be the same so it's not like it's 5000 lbs or anything.

They're 20 year old cars today and odds are good that many are not maintained properly. There's no telling what issues the average 3S on the road has. People jump on one for $4-5k and think they're ready to ride.

>> My old car -- intake, downpipe, 550 injectors, HKS VPC = 12.5 @ 109. Stock turbos, stock fuel pump, stock catback, weighed 4035 lbs with me in it.
    That's a pretty nice stealth man. I am in no way hating on the car, just this idiot. Nice 1/4 mile run as well. What were the dyno numbers? Given the weight and trap speed, I'd estimate around 400 whp... did I win the prize?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.