I hate street racing... - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on I hate street racing... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Mustang and civic owners are the worst in my area. Very annoying. I am entirely against street racing, not only ...

Mustang and civic owners are the worst in my area. Very annoying. I am entirely against street racing, not only bc of my profession, but also bc of the danger in it. Although, ill admit every now again dropping a gear and showing an idiot that his car is slow is fun. About a week ago i was cruising on down the interstate in 5th gear, minding my own business, at about 70mph when out of no where there was an older honda accord on my back bumper. So i got over in the slow lane, and sure enough, 2 kids that couldnt be any older than 20 were signing to me that they wanted to race. Let me draw a picture of this car for you first though. It was black with what looked like some sears auto special chrome wheels, a muffler the size of a whale's you know what, a 2 foot tall spoiler, and rust on the rear corner panels. These kids messed with me, speeding up and slowing down, for well over a mile. So I finally had enough, dropped from 5th to 3rd and punched it. Went from about 65 to 90 in a few seconds leaving them in the dust. I then slowed back down to the speed limit, and let them pass as they both gave me a thumbs up. Lol.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-maniac View Post
    Mustang and civic owners are the worst in my area. Very annoying. I am entirely against street racing, not only bc of my profession, but also bc of the danger in it. Although, ill admit every now again dropping a gear and showing an idiot that his car is slow is fun. About a week ago i was cruising on down the interstate in 5th gear, minding my own business, at about 70mph when out of no where there was an older honda accord on my back bumper. So i got over in the slow lane, and sure enough, 2 kids that couldnt be any older than 20 were signing to me that they wanted to race. Let me draw a picture of this car for you first though. It was black with what looked like some sears auto special chrome wheels, a muffler the size of a whale's you know what, a 2 foot tall spoiler, and rust on the rear corner panels. These kids messed with me, speeding up and slowing down, for well over a mile. So I finally had enough, dropped from 5th to 3rd and punched it. Went from about 65 to 90 in a few seconds leaving them in the dust. I then slowed back down to the speed limit, and let them pass as they both gave me a thumbs up. Lol.
    Must have taken them a while to pass by you at that speed...hehe

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Stinkeye member 520

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    Those old accords pretty much top out at 100 lol.

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball man View Post
    Those old accords pretty much top out at 100 lol.
    Lmao I know. In that quick pull i did I probably pulled a tractor trailer length or more on them. I then got on the brakes and slowed down really quick. Cant risk a speeding ticket. But it was funny and fun at the time.
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    this tinkertwat
    Best part of the entire story.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    "35% tint all around and it was dark."

sounds frightening.. my 20% must be unimaginable
    Same thing I was thinking, I run 5% on all of my vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk_Knight View Post
    Best part of the entire story.
    I LOL'd at that already
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Lol so I know I missed this thread by a while but it reminds me of the day I stopped "Street racing" I was coming home a little tipsy from a party so it's already a horrible idea but I lived in the boonies in Arizona at the time. A guy in a z06 Vette who was like 55 pulled up next to me at a light (I was 20 at the time thus compounding how dumb I was being) and looked over at my car and said, "no way you can keep up with me in that Jap crap boy"
    So I immediately raged at him because he was being an old prejudice man, and being black I hate when old white dudes call me boy.
    Any way I was in my Nissan 300zx tt so I decided to race him and just like in your story the dude missed a shift and so I smoked him and slowed down. Then he caught his gear finally and went tearing off through a red like going like 120. I was going 80 now because I slowed down. The red light he blasted through had a cop at it and the dude got pulled over and arrested because Street racing in AZ is punished heavily and he ran a red. So if he hadn't miss shifted and we were still going at it we might have both been pulled over and I would have been screwed. Hence I don't respond to morons on the road anymore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    fear is the mind killer

frontal lobes don't fully mature until in the mid to late twenties....stupid behavior will result in stupid results. It's a tragedy when innocent folks get mixed in the crossfire of an idiot, but if the idiot dies alone...well that's just Darwinian...and who are we to get in between that?

My biggest beef is with drivers who tailgate...I've yet to have anyone try to race me, but I know there are very few cars on the road in my area that could my WRX couldn't handle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.