Honda with lots of whp - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Honda with lots of whp within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Honestly, a modded STI wouldn't be able to keep up with the "400 hp civic". Funny that a lot of ...

Honestly, a modded STI wouldn't be able to keep up with the "400 hp civic". Funny that a lot of people think just because it's fwd and has a lot of power think traction is an issue. I'm pretty sure if you have that much power in a Civic you can "somewhat" drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

well mine from a dead stop lanch burns threw 1st, 2nd, and 1/4 of 3rd on street tires. drags its only 1st. from a roll only 1/2 of 2nd gear.
    clean for cruising, dirty on play days

Does this guy really have 400 hp? Back in the day there where a bunch of ricer guys that would strap on the basic bolt ons and claim 300 to the wheels. There was this kid with a turbo early 2000 civic that claimed over 300 to the wheels and he went to the track to only run 15's...

I say go to the track and run him... if he has 400 to the wheels he will beat ya... I don't pay much attention to people telling me how much HP they have unless they say they dynoed it at ###. If they are speculating its a waist of time.

Ha, well there is no one in general and I don't even have a stock STi...I was just saying...ya know.
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Dragon View Post
    well mine from a dead stop lanch burns threw 1st, 2nd, and 1/4 of 3rd on street tires. drags its only 1st. from a roll only 1/2 of 2nd gear.
    What mods do u have?
    VF-43 Bugeye: OPEN SOURCE tune... 121xxx miles

13.1@105... Lazy launch 1.9 60'
    285whp and 300WTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    So how do you all think a civic with over 400whp would do against a stock sti? I hate when people with civics and lots of whp think they are the shiznats!
    A friend of my had(crashed his car) a honda civic with b16 motor swap. Rebuilt motor with high compression, pulley, ecu, the works, etc. He only dynoed 190whp...funny thing...he took the car to the track and never got a run! Kept on breaking axles...

All I can say is, be carefully if you race on on the street. It might break apart and take you with it. My friends civic was racing a guy and his brake system froze on him and he ended up smashing his car into a phone pole. His girlfriend, who was in the car, majorly messed up her face....he had to marry her because her face was so f*** messed up.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MengHang View Post
    My friends civic was racing a guy and his brake system froze on him and he ended up smashing his car into a phone pole. His girlfriend, who was in the car, majorly messed up her face....he had to marry her because her face was so f*** messed up.
    Geez, that's a horrible story.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Geez, that's a horrible story.
    Seriously.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by wrxlaunch View Post
    What mods do u have?
    um... lets see way to many lol here it is... ls vtec, e85, 1000cc injectors, 255 walbro fp, s2 intake maifold, massive map sensor swap for the turbo, 50 trim amk turbo, persicion turbo intercooler, greedy bov, tial 38mm wastegate, custom manifold, custom 2 1/2 inch turbo back, gator 600hp rated axels, dropzone coilovers, s2 camper kits and arms, roll cage, everything in the rear is takin out so i only have the front seats and interior panels, and thats pretty much it that i can think of.

dyno from last tune and now needs redone this year for some reason

um... lets see way to many lol here it is... ls vtec, e85, 1000cc injectors, 255 walbro fp, s2 intake maifold, massive map sensor swap for the turbo, 50 trim amk turbo, persicion turbo intercooler, greedy bov, tial 38mm wastegate, custom manifold, custom 2 1/2 inch turbo back, gator 600hp rated axels, dropzone coilovers, s2 camper kits and arms, roll cage, everything in the rear is takin out so i only have the front seats and interior panels, and thats pretty much it that i can think of.

That thing is a monster...

ya its pretty intense i havent had it at full boost since the tune is shot but still can pull

The average HP is sort of weak. It comes on hard way too late IMHO.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    It comes on hard way too late IMHO.
    ^^ That's what she said.

You did not mention tranny. I don't believe you unless you have a different tranny. Those numbers would destroy the stock tranny.

Could you imagine going down the road in your car at full throttle and having something in your car break....that would total your car. The HP numbers are alsome, but the car screams death....sorry, that just my opinion.

A friend of mine has 400whp on a fwd eclipse and could never hookup. THe power band was too short and the car only took off after 4 gear. Really who races in 4th gear? He was doing 13.5 - 14.0 1/4mile runs. He said that when he was 300whp he had better times. He has since sold his car and is looking for a awd car.

There is such a thing as too much power=unusable power.

Good number.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Wow, impressive car!

Having said that, I think I prefer the torque curve on my wagon for "around town" use.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast