First time at the track with my 02 :)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on First time at the track with my 02 :) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i went with my buddy to the track so he can test out his slicks on his 480hp and ...

First time at the track with my 02 :)

so i went with my buddy to the track so he can test out his slicks on his 480hp and 500+ trq 6.0 goat and decided to run my car. i only have a tbe on it at the time and couldnt beat on it too hard beings for one i didnt want to rip out my tranny and two i still got my factory clutch with 125,xxx miles on it lol. but my first two passes were against my buddies 350z i beat him both times with the my first pass 9.8 and my 2nd pass 9.6 my last race was against a dodge caliber srt-4 and i beat him runnin a 9 flat im sure i could have gotten a better time than that but i cant really afford to replace my clutch at the moment so i decided to call it a night oh btw this was my first time at the track ever and it was on a 1/8 mile

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxyo View Post
    so i went with my buddy to the track so he can test out his slicks on his 480hp and 500+ trq 6.0 goat and decided to run my car. i only have a tbe on it at the time and couldnt beat on it too hard beings for one i didnt want to rip out my tranny and two i still got my factory clutch with 125,xxx miles on it lol. but my first two passes were against my buddies 350z i beat him both times with the my first pass 9.8 and my 2nd pass 9.6 my last race was against a dodge caliber srt-4 and i beat him runnin a 9 flat im sure i could have gotten a better time than that but i cant really afford to replace my clutch at the moment so i decided to call it a night oh btw this was my first time at the track ever and it was on a 1/8 mile
    Sweet! good kills...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Thanks man I was definitely happy with the results of my first time at the track

I used to drag race a lot when I was in college (20yrs back, lol). The first time I got back into it, a couple years ago, I was all ate up!

I kept missing the staging, forgot to roll my windows up, rolled though the water box, etc...lol

It's fun though...
    Last edited by Pavia; 04-11-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Nice times bro. ESPECIALLY for the first time on the track.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Thanks man I was hoping to get in the 8's but I didn't want to risk my clutch going out so I just settled for 9 flat and waiting to go back after I get a new clutch

Sounds like that dude's 350Z couldn't beat my old Grand Marquis! It ran 9.9 @ 74.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.