First time at the track with my 02 :)

This is a discussion on First time at the track with my 02 :) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i went with my buddy to the track so he can test out his slicks on his 480hp and ...

First time at the track with my 02 :)

so i went with my buddy to the track so he can test out his slicks on his 480hp and 500+ trq 6.0 goat and decided to run my car. i only have a tbe on it at the time and couldnt beat on it too hard beings for one i didnt want to rip out my tranny and two i still got my factory clutch with 125,xxx miles on it lol. but my first two passes were against my buddies 350z i beat him both times with the my first pass 9.8 and my 2nd pass 9.6 my last race was against a dodge caliber srt-4 and i beat him runnin a 9 flat im sure i could have gotten a better time than that but i cant really afford to replace my clutch at the moment so i decided to call it a night oh btw this was my first time at the track ever and it was on a 1/8 mile

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wrxyo View Post
    so i went with my buddy to the track so he can test out his slicks on his 480hp and 500+ trq 6.0 goat and decided to run my car. i only have a tbe on it at the time and couldnt beat on it too hard beings for one i didnt want to rip out my tranny and two i still got my factory clutch with 125,xxx miles on it lol. but my first two passes were against my buddies 350z i beat him both times with the my first pass 9.8 and my 2nd pass 9.6 my last race was against a dodge caliber srt-4 and i beat him runnin a 9 flat im sure i could have gotten a better time than that but i cant really afford to replace my clutch at the moment so i decided to call it a night oh btw this was my first time at the track ever and it was on a 1/8 mile
    Sweet! good kills...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Thanks man I was definitely happy with the results of my first time at the track

I used to drag race a lot when I was in college (20yrs back, lol). The first time I got back into it, a couple years ago, I was all ate up!

I kept missing the staging, forgot to roll my windows up, rolled though the water box, etc...lol

It's fun though...
    Last edited by Pavia; 04-11-2010 at 03:27 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Nice times bro. ESPECIALLY for the first time on the track.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

Thanks man I was hoping to get in the 8's but I didn't want to risk my clutch going out so I just settled for 9 flat and waiting to go back after I get a new clutch

Sounds like that dude's 350Z couldn't beat my old Grand Marquis! It ran 9.9 @ 74.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.