For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; OMFG she's gorgeous. I know I know, But read the damn article Its like good morning hate hate haters Just ...

For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI

OMFG she's gorgeous. I know I know, But read the damn article

Its like good morning hate hate haters

Just a page out of this month's SUPER STREET.
    Last edited by 10_wrx_R-spec; 04-10-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Independent motorsports
    http://www.myspace.com/da_shz_nt

Satin Pearl White WRX Premium SPT Tuned
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...rx-r-spec.html
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

what article.. OH.. you mean the tiny text next to the 10 outa 10 honey?

sorry man.. took me 10 min to read that short section of text.. I kept getting distracted. lol
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

yah took me a minute too.
    Independent motorsports

Hmm...I couldn't read it yet because I am at work, in a office setting. I will read it later at home ....Imagine the stares people would give me.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

there's nothing nsfw.. but DAYUM she's hot..
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Well, sure glad that Super Street settled that debate.

First problem here you read super street the ricer of magazines. Second I find their theory to be pretty dumb. "wrx 10k cheaper and you can spend that to smoke the wrx". That's just stupid. You're forgetting with that 10k you're getting brembo's, a nearly indestructible 6 speed, wider fenders, and bbs rims. I'm sure there's a couple more things I'm missing but you can see how it adds up very fast.

Now before I get flamed or called a wrx hater I also see their point. The newer 5 speeds are way stronger then their trans that people who couldn't drive easily broke and they come with a nice turbo. That 5 speed gives you one less shift to 100 compared to the sti which really helps it rip and grab those numbers. I also get that you can dump 10 k into a wrx and make it fly, drop it, get some rims...you get the point.

Now my choice...give me an sti a couple years old. Buying new is super since your car is fresh and smells new and you know how it's driven. I'll let that person take the deflation hit. Give me the car with a trans that will stand up to what I wanna throw at and a good set of brakes stock and some nice wide fenders.

This debate will never end. Bottom line is, it all depends on the person, their goals, and what they want to achieve.
    Stink-eye Mob #1004

2011 SSM STi 4-Door
    2010 OBP WRX Limited 5-Door
    2001 Lexus IS300
    2001 Honda Prelude SH
    1977 Honda CVCC

All I know is I love my STi and know I made the right choice.
    Defi Imperial Boost Guage,Tim Bailey Tuned,Cobb catted DP, Borla CBE, GT Spec 4 point H brace. 18x8.5 Enkei PF01s, Kartboy Engine Pitch Stopper. Whiteline Steering Rack Bushings. Rallitek 25mm FSB, Rallitek 22mm RSB, Rallitek HD endlinks.
    "Can you imagine the eThug power you'll be able to wield as you type messages of death to JDM hating domestic car enthusiasts?"-TiC

Quote Originally Posted by 2.0Rs View Post
    First problem here you read super street the ricer of magazines. Second I find their theory to be pretty dumb. "wrx 10k cheaper and you can spend that to smoke the wrx". That's just stupid. You're forgetting with that 10k you're getting brembo's, a nearly indestructible 6 speed, wider fenders, and bbs rims. I'm sure there's a couple more things I'm missing but you can see how it adds up very fast.

Now before I get flamed or called a wrx hater I also see their point. The newer 5 speeds are way stronger then their trans that people who couldn't drive easily broke and they come with a nice turbo. That 5 speed gives you one less shift to 100 compared to the sti which really helps it rip and grab those numbers. I also get that you can dump 10 k into a wrx and make it fly, drop it, get some rims...you get the point.

Now my choice...give me an sti a couple years old. Buying new is super since your car is fresh and smells new and you know how it's driven. I'll let that person take the deflation hit. Give me the car with a trans that will stand up to what I wanna throw at and a good set of brakes stock and some nice wide fenders.
    I gotta agree with you here. The brembos, tranny, and firmer suspension are an easy 10k. Id LOVE a new sti... but i pay for everything and im 19, wish i could ask mommy to buy me a car like that. On topic tho, the sti is much superior than the wrx.

You guys give her a 10/10? Pshh more like 6 or 7 compared to my last few issues of import tuner. Not that i have any complaints with my girl, 18 is a nice number...
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

difference is greather than 10k

Had no problem reading the text. I have a pretty killer tunnel vision and when i'm focused, nothings getting me out of it.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by hieu1004 View Post
    Hmm...I couldn't read it yet because I am at work, in a office setting. I will read it later at home ....Imagine the stares people would give me.
    i did the same thing lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

[QUOTE First problem here you read super street the ricer of magazines. Second I find their theory to be pretty dumb. "wrx 10k cheaper and you can spend that to smoke the wrx". That's just stupid. You're forgetting with that 10k you're getting brembo's, a nearly indestructible 6 speed, wider fenders, and bbs rims. I'm sure there's a couple more things I'm missing but you can see how it adds up very fast.
    QUOTE]

The 09+ wrx and hatchs are basically a 04-05 sti -6speeed . Im sorry i spent the 10k on mods and im lovin it. The si drive? Couldnt tell a difference . Bigger brembos , a qtr inch diff. in rotor, Not a big diff.Althogh a bigger caliper would be nice .Rear diff adjust,for those who dont want 50/50 awd. Oh and the 6 speed , yes the sti tranny is still stronger ill agree. Wider fenders? My opinion it looks better with out and many people would agree, o-60 faster than an STI tho, many tests have proven. So it was a toss up for me , i chose to spend the 10k on mods, everthing else wasnt much diff. To me the 08 and previous years there's no comparison to the lastest wrx.

Not saying superstreet is 100 percent correct. This was just for all the haters against those wrx guys.
    Last edited by 10_wrx_R-spec; 04-09-2010 at 07:00 AM.
    Independent motorsports

What steered me away from the sti?

INSURANCE COSTS

on a clean license the sti would have cost me TRIPLE what my standard wrx does. And, again for the 10k in mods.. yes a standard wrx will walk all over a sti all the while paying less for insurance. A cost that you can never just pay once.

would I rather have a sti

HELL YEAH

its a sweet ride, but for now I can get my fix AND have play money
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    You guys give her a 10/10? Pshh more like 6 or 7 compared to my last few issues of import tuner. Not that i have any complaints with my girl, 18 is a nice number...
    We'll come back to you again in 10 yrs and show you the same pic.. you're mind will have changed

18 is a nice number if you want a chick that has NO EFFN CLUE what she wants, wants out of life or how to handle what goes on around her. 27-32 is where its at. She then knows herself, has a lil bit of career goin on.. has her own dough.. and she knows what she wants. And age hasn't changed the looks in any negative ways.

just like the cars, looks are nice.. but stability and performance are where its at.. especially if the finish is still fine
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.