For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI - Page 5
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX What I think is funny is that Subaru takes a block, throws it all together and ...

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    What I think is funny is that Subaru takes a block, throws it all together and safely tunes the vehicle or hundreds of thousands of miles of hassle free use.. Even at 300/300 chp and clbs/ft. They call this an sti

then they take a DIFFERENT block and slap it together.. Decide to use the sti turbo charger and some of the fuel system to save money at the parts end of things.. They tune the car to
    the absolute limit while still retaining that safe hundreds of thousands of worry free miles at 265 chp.

Any day any one on this message board can take a bone stock 2008 STi and follow the maintainence schedual by the book and drive the car til the tires fall off.. Let's safely say 200,000 miles..

How long will your 2009 wrx with 10,000 dollars in extra bolt on garbage last with your chest pumping terrible attitude. I'd put money on you replacing your short block before you hit 20,000 on the odo after your mods.
    I could have not said it better myself. Replace any of the drive components once and you lose. Plus you cant do any mods anyway for the first three years or 36,000 miles unless your nuts or have a ton of money because your not going to get any help from Subaru if anything blows up. If you cant afford an Sti than the WRX is wonderful. If you want an sti than get an sti or you will regret it. I have had many cars and I would not trade mine for anything. Insurance is $25 more a month than my '08 Lexus but It is well worth it. I live in a big city and Ive only seen one '08 or newer Sti. Its rare to have one. I love the car! I get so many questions at gas stations because people don't know about Subaru performance. They just know it looks fast and it looks factory.I paid $32,000 for my '09 Sti and I don't need the fog lights or the heated seats of the wrx premium. Ill take My '09 Sti for almost the same price please Suede seats too An Sti is AN STI!!
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by willryanm View Post
    Ha that top part was supposed to me a quote of dark wrx. I'm not challenging you, dark wrx was
    Hey Willy. Willy boy. Why don't you actually read my pos in this thread. No where in it is me running my mouth and challenging L. If you actually read it then you'd see it starts off with L is right. Then finishes with a Rex is less than an STI. So make correct on who you're saying the quote was from.

L you will see also bro I didn't challenge you.
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post
    Hey Willy. Willy boy. Why don't you actually read my pos in this thread. No where in it is me running my mouth and challenging L. If you actually read it then you'd see it starts off with L is right. Then finishes with a Rex is less than an STI. So make correct on who you're saying the quote was from.

no worries guys I know who said what and who did what. This is all just retarded as it is. Same ol story has been told on this site for 6 years now since the first STi. It all never once equates
    out better for a WRX or Subaru would of never made the car. STi is nothing but a performance line. The STi is a WRX, plain and simple. If you want a track able enthusiast car you purchase an STi if you want a well suited daily driver for the enthusiast purchase a WRX. There is nothing wrong with owning a WRX, but you can't come here and bash the flagship car because you simply couldn't afford the latter.

Besides, this is absolutely not fair. Your saying that if you stuff 10 grand into a wrx it's a better car.. Well what if the sti
    owner stuff 10 grand into his car. That is fair vs fair right?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

$10k?

I'm ashamed to admit what I've spent on my WRX and it STILL isn't completely STI'ed. As a base for mods, the STI is still a great start. One word.... 6spd.

I just dropped $2,400 on brakes alone and some have spent a lot more.

The STI will always be the better value IF you are going to go that route anyway. If all you want is a stock WRX or stage 2 then, sure, the WRX is all you need.

But who stops at stage 2, when cash is no issue?
    Once again the thread is about 08+STI vs 09+ wrx. If you've never compared the 2 or even drove them both to way the odds, you have no input on the subject really. Go out drive them both . Take them to the limits. Then give me some intelligent comments. Oh ya my modded wrx will handle a 08+ STI just fine . Yes I spent my 5k right. The other 5k is for my DOM3.0R, Cosworth intake, clutch, injectors+fuel pump corn feed ,and exhuast, Dyno tune shooting for430whp/430trq. Even some modded.

Ya I know some of you will laugh, but do you own a 08+ STI to compare? Like I said before in past years. The STI was a far more superior vehicle then the WRX{Stock}. I would choose a STI then if I was looking in those years.
    Independent motorsports
    http://www.myspace.com/da_shz_nt

Satin Pearl White WRX Premium SPT Tuned
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...rx-r-spec.html

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    no worries guys I know who said what and who did what. This is all just retarded as it is. Same ol story has been told on this site for 6 years now since the first STi. It all never once equates
    out better for a WRX or Subaru would of never made the car. STi is nothing but a performance line. The STi is a WRX, plain and simple. If you want a track able enthusiast car you purchase an STi if you want a well suited daily driver for the enthusiast purchase a WRX. There is nothing wrong with owning a WRX, but you can't come here and bash the flagship car because you simply couldn't afford the latter.

Besides, this is absolutely not fair. Your saying that if you stuff 10 grand into a wrx it's a better car.. Well what if the sti
    owner stuff 10 grand into his car. That is fair vs fair right?
    Do the research . You'd end up the around the same with around 10k to save to start with. Except for the tranny. Good point about the STI track able vs the WRX as a DD. IF your curios about if it's possible check my mods. Thats just the begining and I've only spent an extra 5k, Other 5k is for upgrade again. Go check'em out I think you'd be suprised. Oh and yah I paid cash for mine, and i chose the WRX over the STI cause I would've modded it anyways! Yes , I did have the cash to get the STI.
    Independent motorsports

If we can't talk about it since we don't own 08+, you shouldn't be able to talk about it since you haven't owned a STi.

this is really stupid.

my base c6 is better than a Z06 because I make more horsepower for less. . allow me to blindly ignore everything else but horsepower numbers while making that assumption.

A 08+STI{stock} AP Stage 2 tuned ,CAI, TBE,DP, 300-330 awhp/330-350trq.

A 09+WRX{stock} AP Stage 2 tuned,CAI,TBE,DP, 300-330awhp/330/350trq 10k less

Check sheets if you want I think you'll be mad at yourself
    Independent motorsports

I guess as long as you're solely interested in comparing dynosheets that's great.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I guess as long as you're solely interested in comparing dynosheets that's great.
    Dont be stupid
    Independent motorsports

Isnt this fun.
    Independent motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    Dont be stupid

Pot, meet kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark WRX View Post

I didnt say you were running your mouth. sorry man! And i agree STi is much better than wrx with 10k mods. I think this thread is just basically a big misunderstanding

I Support ClubWRX
    At this point your talking to hear yourself talk. I have lived this, I am not in the process of building to find out I will fail. I have failed, I have fixed and I have modded. I have owned a wrx, I have poured multiple thousands in to find myself still not living up to my old sti. I am far from a rookie on this subject. I don't
    claim to know all like you, but I'm sure my reputation around here leads some people to think I may know what I'm doing. This is a public forum and you are entitled to your opinion, wrong or right. I'm telling you right now, your bull**** super street article of a few hot laps isn't something I'd live by,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    A 08+STI{stock} AP Stage 2 tuned ,CAI, TBE,DP, 300-330 awhp/330-350trq.

A 09+WRX{stock} AP Stage 2 tuned,CAI,TBE,DP, 300-330awhp/330/350trq 10k less

Check sheets if you want I think you'll be mad at yourself
    This proves nothing.

That STi is rocking a stout motor and transmission with that setup it will still be a reliable car for several thousand miles. More than likely is still tuned moderately with more available if wanted.

That WRX is tuned beyond its reliability limits, the 09 WRX has more mods out of the box since it technically already has a turbo upgrade and injectors. They have already had motor issues, many many many of us have had tranny issues.

Its just all plain a stupid fight, you bought your wrx, live with it, love it, be it. But dont think it is better than an STi, that is plain a false statement.

I Support ClubWRX
    Base WRX- 24,995

Premium WRX- 27,495

Limited WRX- 28,495

STi Limited- 32,995

STi- 34,995

So your 10k is already busted. The STi limited is even a more superior car and it is only 8 grand over the standard base wrx that lets face it... Less than half the new wrx owners purchased. The premium wrx is only 5500 cheaper and is right about the amount you have already spent in modifications.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.