For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI - Page 4
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 77

This is a discussion on For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by BrianH in a straight line, or at hard parking. Well hello thur. Oh, you're talking about something ...

  1. #46
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,050
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    in a straight line, or at hard parking.
    Well hello thur.

    Oh, you're talking about something else. My bad.
    Silly thread.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #47
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    OMFG she's gorgeous. I know I know, But read the damn article

    Its like good morning hate hate haters

    Just a page out of this month's SUPER STREET.
    HAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

    $10k?

    I'm ashamed to admit what I've spent on my WRX and it STILL isn't completely STI'ed. As a base for mods, the STI is still a great start. One word.... 6spd.

    I just dropped $2,400 on brakes alone and some have spent a lot more.

    The STI will always be the better value IF you are going to go that route anyway. If all you want is a stock WRX or stage 2 then, sure, the WRX is all you need.

    But who stops at stage 2, when cash is no issue?
    Last edited by Pavia; 04-10-2010 at 03:30 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  4. #48
    Administrator TheJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Bro do you even live in the Dirty South
    Posts
    18,123
    I Support ClubWRX
    1. This thread is like watching a re-run of a bad sitcom you've seen before. It is largely a pointless exercise. Yes for the 0.2% who buy their cars outright with cash AND don't care about warranty or too much about resale value AND plan to take their brand new vehicle and heavily modify it, the WRX IS a better "deal" compared to the STi. So fricking what? If you're going to drop 10k in, there are many many cars that will spank the STi in some ways. Again, So what?


    2. Several fallacies I feel like pointing out:
      • The straw man... Nobody here was really "hating" on WRXs to begin with.

      • The one article (albeit from "Sooper Street" which I'm sure has journalistic credibility on par with the WSJ...) is FULL of caveats and assumptions that don't actually apply to most people;

        • "Hard to justify 10k when we all know you'll be changing half the parts eventually anyway".
          Really? That's an assumption which is simply not true for most who buy brand new. The fact is most people who buy brand new WILL finance it and are not that quick to completely give up the warranty coverage, reliability and resale value. Three very big things for the overwhelming majority of new car buyers. What does "eventually" mean for most people? I don't know. Maybe 4 years from now when the car is paid for and you eventually found the time and money to upgrade your WRX but in the mean while, will you honestly be sitting around wishing the whole time you had a car that could spank the STi in some ways? The assumption that most people who buy new WOULD EVER be changing a significant amount of parts is questionable. I mean it may be more true if you buy the WRX (with a side of STi envy) but the majority who buy "brand new" (especially STi) are in fact NOT going to be changing half the parts eventually anyway. They may likely eventually mod but the overwhelming majority who buy 'new' don't ever "heavily" mod period.

        • "for the 10k you can upgrade and spank the STi in some ways"
          Really? So after you spending the same amount of money you will only be able to spank the STi in some ways... That's an interesting caveat...

        • The author admits in the article that the STi is in fact a good deal but does it of course in a back handed way by saying "that's not to say the STi isn't a good deal..." They purposely frame the statement this way and indeed the article because the author KNOWS HIS AUDIENCE wants to hear they can have STi performance on the cheap and the ADVERTISERS who pay the authors salary have a vested interest in the audience thinking they can do it with their products.

        • "If you aren't going to leave the car stock it's hard to justify the price tag".
          Really? That is an opinion which is HIGHLY debatable to put it mildly. There is doing mods and then there are doing heavy mods.. I mean sure if your planning on taking a brand new car and do heavy mods right away that may make some sense but again most people will not do heavy mods with a brand new STI anyway. Or any brand new car they are carrying a loan on for that matter if they have half a brain.



      • The OP posits that "if you don't own one you can not speak on the subject" is ridiculously dismissive. It's basically a circumstantial ad hominem because not owning an 09+ doesn't make everything put forth on the subject false. This argument smacks of ignorance.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:


    "Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  5. #49
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    The 09+ wrx and hatchs are basically a 04-05 sti -6speeed . Im sorry i spent the 10k on mods and im lovin it. The si drive? Couldnt tell a difference . Bigger brembos , a qtr inch diff. in rotor, Not a big diff.Althogh a bigger caliper would be nice .Rear diff adjust,for those who dont want 50/50 awd. Oh and the 6 speed , yes the sti tranny is still stronger ill agree. Wider fenders? My opinion it looks better with out and many people would agree, o-60 faster than an STI tho, many tests have proven. So it was a toss up for me , i chose to spend the 10k on mods, everthing else wasnt much diff. To me the 08 and previous years there's no comparison to the lastest wrx.

    Not saying superstreet is 100 percent correct. This was just for all the haters against those wrx guys.
    OMG... in ref to the brakes. My 07 4/2 pots are very good brakes (I'd say better than even 08-10).

    The difference between these and the STI Brembos I just installed is NIGHT and DAY...

    BTW, what happened in 06-07 that would have the 04-05 STI owners feeling left out?

    PS. To the OP... I'm just debating a bit, not trying to be a douche. The 09+ WRX is a great car..
    Last edited by Pavia; 04-10-2010 at 04:01 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  6. #50
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJ View Post
    This argument smacks of ignorance.
    This argument smacks of fanboi...

    I feel like I'm in a skittle debate.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  7. #51
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by willryanm View Post
    Ha that top part was supposed to me a quote of dark wrx. I'm not challenging you, dark wrx was
    No, I challenged him. He ran his mouth. Which means he declines.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  8. #52
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    What I think is funny is that Subaru takes a block, throws it all together and safely tunes the vehicle or hundreds of thousands of miles of hassle free use.. Even at 300/300 chp and clbs/ft. They call this an sti

    then they take a DIFFERENT block and slap it together.. Decide to use the sti turbo charger and some of the fuel system to save money at the parts end of things.. They tune the car to
    the absolute limit while still retaining that safe hundreds of thousands of worry free miles at 265 chp.

    Any day any one on this message board can take a bone stock 2008 STi and follow the maintainence schedual by the book and drive the car til the tires fall off.. Let's safely say 200,000 miles..

    How long will your 2009 wrx with 10,000 dollars in extra bolt on garbage last with your chest pumping terrible attitude. I'd put money on you replacing your short block before you hit 20,000 on the odo after your mods.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  9. #53
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    You'd be replacing the clutch sooner than the air filter...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  10. #54
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,522
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    You'd be replacing the trans sooner than the air filter...


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  11. #55
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    ^^^ An appropriate fix...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  12. #56
    Boba Fett BrianH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Way up high.
    Posts
    17,939
    but that's ok, you got the extra 30K you didn't spend on the STi.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  13. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    41
    oi, whered the picture of the girl go? I keep reading she, but dont see a she anywhere.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  14. #58
    Administrator RayfieldsWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    The Old Folks Home
    Posts
    47,050
    I Support ClubWRX
    [hides from the wrath of THEJ]


    Oh wait, I didn't do anything wrong.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  15. #59
    Registered User Pavia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Philly/DE area
    Posts
    2,934
    The 09 WRX is da Fastezt Evar!!!

    Don't be hatin' cuz the way I roll...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

  16. #60
    Registered User 2.0Rs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    King of Prussia, Pa
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by Pavia View Post
    The 09 WRX is da Fastezt Evar!!!

    Don't be hatin' cuz the way I roll...
    Gotta love it when peoples main argument is how it's faster in a strait line so it must be better. lol
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •