For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Yes if I wanted to go old school , that choice would be sick. Im only speaking on behalf of ...

Yes if I wanted to go old school , that choice would be sick.

Im only speaking on behalf of the 09+ wrx owners.
    Independent motorsports
    http://www.myspace.com/da_shz_nt

Satin Pearl White WRX Premium SPT Tuned
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...rx-r-spec.html
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    Yes if I wanted to go old school , that choice would be sick.

Im only speaking on behalf of the 09+ wrx owners.
    So why not start with the base NA impreza?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    So why not start with the base NA impreza?
    Much different beast. Thats like back in the day when people preferred the STI over the wrx. STI was much , much better than the wrx previous years. Now subaru needs to step up the STI.
    Independent motorsports

Much different beast. Thats like back in the day when people preferred the STI over the wrx. STI was much , much better than the wrx previous years. Now subaru needs to step up the STI.

Yeah but you could keep up with a WRX or STI for LESS!

I Support ClubWRX
    Im not 18 . Im 30 yrs old .
    The old man's beard is red. And the one with the red beard is the old man.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

[QUOTE=LPPTundWRX;2602301]Ill take two... Oh wait.. I did.

If you need to constantly try and justify your purchase to the world you made the wrong decision. You keep posting post after post trying to justify that your WRX is gods gift to earth. It is not.

How about this.. You PM me when you get your car to the point you can smoke an STi... You come out here and Ill pay all the track fees for your car and mine. Drag strip, auto cross, road race hell Ill pay all three. Ill sweeten the deal Ill pay to ship your car here.

Your saying with 10 grand that you supposedly saved purchasing a WRX vs an STi you can make that WRX better than an STi. You simply cannot make a wrx into an sti with 10 grand, it cannot be done.[/QUOTE]

L is right bro. You cannot make a Rex better than an STI. So many different aspects of the vehicle are better on an STI. We're talking everything. You put 10k in a Rex, and certainly it will perform well. But for whats it worth, not as well all around as an STI. Plus, you dump a little into the S and you have a freaking monster on your hands.

I love Rex's. Love them to death. I am a Rex owner but the bottom line equation is:

WRX < STI
    Hawkeye Alliance#208
    "Time to stab out" - Andy Clair

How about this.. You PM me when you get your car to the point you can smoke an STi... You come out here and Ill pay all the track fees for your car and mine. Drag strip, auto cross, road race hell Ill pay all three. Ill sweeten the deal Ill pay to ship your car here.[/QUOTE]

With 10k you could build a WRX that could smoke an STI at the drag strip no problem. It wouldn't be a better all around car necessarily, but with the right mods it could definitely win at the drag strip.

hell, if you only need it to do it a few times you could probably do it for a lot less. It's better at that time, that's what counts!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    hell, if you only need it to do it a few times you could probably do it for a lot less. It's better at that time, that's what counts!
    exactly

The 09+ wrx and hatchs are basically a 04-05 sti -6speeed . Im sorry i spent the 10k on mods and im lovin it. The si drive? Couldnt tell a difference . Bigger brembos , a qtr inch diff. in rotor, Not a big diff.Althogh a bigger caliper would be nice .Rear diff adjust,for those who dont want 50/50 awd. Oh and the 6 speed , yes the sti tranny is still stronger ill agree. Wider fenders? My opinion it looks better with out and many people would agree, o-60 faster than an STI tho, many tests have proven. So it was a toss up for me , i chose to spend the 10k on mods, everthing else wasnt much diff. To me the 08 and previous years there's no comparison to the lastest wrx.

Not saying superstreet is 100 percent correct. This was just for all the haters against those wrx guys.
    I'd respond But it's all one sentence and most is difficult to understand what you're talking about.
    Last edited by 2.0Rs; 04-10-2010 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Very true, i am only 19 so my interest will change. I dont think i could get someone in that age range lol.
    lol.. to catch a woman in that range.. need 3 things

J.O.B
    C.A.R
    A.P.T

does help if you already own your place n have atleast a bit of career started But like I said, its random at that point there are still lots of wapce and nutcases out there just lookin to drain your pocket. gotta be on the look out for that ****e n bail if you run into it.

to stay on topic.. I do very much love my 2010 wrx.. if the insurance wasn't nuts on the sti though.. I'd have bought one. Not so much because it has 3 extra letters on the hatch.. but because there is actually quite a bit more engineering that goes into the sti, Yeah those of us 3g owners that are motivated and financed enough could build a wrx to smoke a sti.. but when you can walk in and buy a sti off the shelf and then turn right around and competitively track it.... without so much as putting fuel in and turning the key.. yeah that extra 10K is worth it if thats what you want.

for most of us 3g owners though, there are other needs the car has to fulfill.. and paying a extra 10k off the bat as well as increased insurance cost doesn't balance out with the performance increase. Its all a ratio of cost vs need/want.

the wrx is best bang for buck, the STI .. is all bang if ya got the bucks.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    the wrx is best bang for buck, the STI .. is all bang if ya got the bucks.
    Thanks for some respect. I never said it thr WRX 09+ would be better hands down. All it says if your goanna mod your sti 08+ anyways, bang for buck the wrx is the better choice. And as for the comment of ill meet you at the track bring it ill be in brainerd minn. in a few of weeks . As for all you older model of cars do some research. Bag for buck if you mod it anyway the wrx is the better way to go on 09+ models. I couldve got an STI {I paid cssh in full }but the choice was clear when you drive and compare both 09+ wrx vs 08+ STI. Ya bring your 06-07,08+ STI. Im just as equal or better.

Ya I geuss COBB doesnt know what there talking about. Or there top tuners around the states,and many others. zI guess it was a waste for them also.
    Independent motorsports

in a straight line, or at hard parking.

Quote Originally Posted by willryanm View Post
    How about this.. You PM me when you get your car to the point you can smoke an STi... You come out here and Ill pay all the track fees for your car and mine. Drag strip, auto cross, road race hell Ill pay all three. Ill sweeten the deal Ill pay to ship your car here.

With 10k you could build a WRX that could smoke an STI at the drag strip no problem. It wouldn't be a better all around car necessarily, but with the right mods it could definitely win at the drag strip.

Never said it would be better all around . never once, but bring it well see
    Independent motorsports

Never said it would be better all around . never once, but bring it well see
    Ha that top part was supposed to me a quote of dark wrx. I'm not challenging you, dark wrx was

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.