For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on For all the 09+ wrx haters vs The STI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cjm1991 I gotta agree with you here. The brembos, tranny, and firmer suspension are an easy 10k. ...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I gotta agree with you here. The brembos, tranny, and firmer suspension are an easy 10k. Id LOVE a new sti... but i pay for everything and im 19, wish i could ask mommy to buy me a car like that. On topic tho, the sti is much superior than the wrx.

You guys give her a 10/10? Pshh more like 6 or 7 compared to my last few issues of import tuner. Not that i have any complaints with my girl, 18 is a nice number...
    I was thinking the same thing about the girl. Love her body, but the face and hair is a little "meh".

Also, I read super street. I like the magazine, the articles, (some) of the models, and the "readers rides" section that I don't see anywhere else.

Anyway, I understand the desire for a new WRX over STi when it comes to price, but the STi, is still a better car stock. Thus there's no need to want to upgrade it immediately. The power, handling, and tune are solid (because they're from the factory).
    Not to mention, if I've got the cash for a new WRX, I'd rather go pre-owned and get an older STi.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The difference between my 02 wrx and other STI cars...

PAID IN FULL!! zero debt!

I bet you're still paying for your STI !

In the future, I might purchase an STI, but for now, I'm loving my 12 sec wrx.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly'n Brian View Post
    All I know is I love my STi and know I made the right choice.
    yeah. mines tim bailey tuned also.
    Independent motorsports
    http://www.myspace.com/da_shz_nt

Satin Pearl White WRX Premium SPT Tuned
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/new-me...rx-r-spec.html

looks like the pic is gone... repost?

I'll take the STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    I'll take the STi
    Ill take two... Oh wait.. I did.

If you need to constantly try and justify your purchase to the world you made the wrong decision. You keep posting post after post trying to justify that your WRX is gods gift to earth. It is not.

How about this.. You PM me when you get your car to the point you can smoke an STi... You come out here and Ill pay all the track fees for your car and mine. Drag strip, auto cross, road race hell Ill pay all three. Ill sweeten the deal Ill pay to ship your car here.

Your saying with 10 grand that you supposedly saved purchasing a WRX vs an STi you can make that WRX better than an STi. You simply cannot make a wrx into an sti with 10 grand, it cannot be done.
    Last edited by T0rque; 04-09-2010 at 11:27 PM.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    We'll come back to you again in 10 yrs and show you the same pic.. you're mind will have changed

18 is a nice number if you want a chick that has NO EFFN CLUE what she wants, wants out of life or how to handle what goes on around her. 27-32 is where its at. She then knows herself, has a lil bit of career goin on.. has her own dough.. and she knows what she wants. And age hasn't changed the looks in any negative ways.

just like the cars, looks are nice.. but stability and performance are where its at.. especially if the finish is still fine
    Very true, i am only 19 so my interest will change. I dont think i could get someone in that age range lol.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Ill take two... Oh wait.. I did.

How about this.. You PM me when you get your car to the point you can smoke an STi... You come out here and Ill pay all the track fees for your car and mine. Drag strip, auto cross, road race hell Ill pay all three. Ill sweeten the deal Ill pay to ship your car here.

Your saying with 10 grand that you supposedly saved purchasing a WRX vs an STi you can make that WRX better than an STi. You simply cannot make a wrx into an sti with 10 grand, it cannot be done.

Yeah bring your 08+ STI , my wrx is just as good as a STI , oh yeah any time any day. Before you get to ****y , this article is about the 08+ STI. If you don't own one, your irrelevent to this conversion.

P.S. That goes for anyone else to. About not knowing enough about the 08+ STI's vs the 09+wrx
    Last edited by 10_wrx_R-spec; 04-10-2010 at 07:37 AM.
    Independent motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    looks like the pic is gone... repost?
    sorry they didnt like the gorgeous model, article is up tho
    Independent motorsports

So what exactly is the point of this thread, chest thumping because some magazine which should stick to covering import body kits said "better in some ways"?

It was just simply to sture up about the wrx vs the STI. Ask many tuners and shops{pro shops. not your local bolt ons shop}Its just proving that people can get as much out of the new wrx, with out spending the extra cash for an STI. Or if they cant afford a higher inssurance premium.

Just trying to help some choice makers out there
    Independent motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by 10_wrx_R-spec View Post
    It was just simply to sture up about the wrx vs the STI. Ask many tuners and shops{pro shops. not your local bolt ons shop}Its just proving that people can get as much out of the new wrx, with out spending the extra cash for an STI. Or if they cant afford a higher inssurance premium.

Just trying to help some choice makers out there

Oh, in that case why not just buy a GC8 and do it for a quarter of the price of a WRX?

I read in another magazine those are great, and this one shop down the streat that puts body kits on accordians told me they is great.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's difficult to see when you're 18, but...Whether or not an STI is better than a WRX, whether or not people hate on your particular model...these things don't matter in the slightest.

If you chose a car that you truly enjoy driving, and seems to have been a good value for you, then great, and congratulations and that should be the end of it. The rest is you letting your mind run away with you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It's difficult to see when you're 18, but...Whether or not an STI is better than a WRX, whether or not people hate on your particular model...these things don't matter in the slightest.
    Im not 18 . Im 30 yrs old . Been around the block when buying new vs old, quick vs fast, durable vs burned out etc.. Its simply stating that taking a new wrx vs a STI. If you want the power and handling of an STI you can achieve these goals just as easy. For less cost. Anyone who owns a 09+ wrx, should know this. If you dont own one. Then shhhhhhhh. You obviosly dont know what they're capable of. They dont come close to older models of wrx's { STOCK}.

And it's not about the model, its about what your achieveing for less money that's just as equal. Many people out there have an issue with this that's why there hoping for a greater power difference btween the wrx and STI in the future. Simply the new wrx has caught up. Now its for Subaru to take those STI enthusiasts to the next level. Hopefully soon.
    Last edited by 10_wrx_R-spec; 04-10-2010 at 09:14 AM.
    Independent motorsports

Again, get an RS.

'better' cause it can go faster for less.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast