2001ish Maxima

This is a discussion on 2001ish Maxima within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I was on the way home from work yesterday when a black 2001 or 2002 (not sure about the models?) ...

2001ish Maxima

I was on the way home from work yesterday when a black 2001 or 2002 (not sure about the models?) flew past me and slowed down in front of me, kept speeding up and slowing down. (Keep in mind, that this is a long stretch of road with hardly anyone on it) I figured he wanted to play, so I downshift and let her rip. Wasn't too long before I had 4 car lengths on him before we shut it down. Don't know how fast those things are (Bad driver?) Just wanted to share. Loving my Scooby
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin R.I.P

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you're so cool
    ***Stink Eye Mob 169***
    Stage 2 WRX Tuned by Brendan at Brentuning
    296 awhp
    317 awtq

How so? lol
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? -George Carlin R.I.P

That sounds right... those are high 15 sec cars to 16 sec. I knew this guy in shreveport that had one of those maximas. He strapped on what he called a "10 HP borla exhaust" (muffler). He clamied that he got over 10 hp and that his car would beat a GT mustang (early 2000 GTs).

Odds are he saw you with a new WRX and wanted to see what it had. I've done that with nice cars... i like to see how they pull.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    That sounds right... those are high 15 sec cars to 16 sec. I knew this guy in shreveport that had one of those maximas. He strapped on what he called a "10 HP borla exhaust" (muffler). He clamied that he got over 10 hp and that his car would beat a GT mustang (early 2000 GTs).

Odds are he saw you with a new WRX and wanted to see what it had. I've done that with nice cars... i like to see how they pull.
    It's also possible he's one of these guys, who, because the car "feels" fast (to them), they think it's actually very fast (and thus attempt to race everything). I've had quite a few '04 maximas try to test me recently (they hear the turbo spool and exhaust note). I'll rev with them at a light, then pull off normally and watch them go flying down the street
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Maximas are the bane of my commute... They see a sign that says "I-95" and they think that's the speedlimit...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

They look like pretty decent cars. The drivers on the other hand.. They're just like those damn Land Cruisers that tail gate you 24/7.