Bug-eye rex VS Cobalt SS Supercharged

This is a discussion on Bug-eye rex VS Cobalt SS Supercharged within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a WRX from the dealership I work at. Well i went out to lunch with the guys ...

Bug-eye rex VS Cobalt SS Supercharged

I just bought a WRX from the dealership I work at. Well i went out to lunch with the guys and my boss the owner was joking around saying I should line up with a supercharged cobalt he just got from the auction. Thinking he was kidding I quickly took the challenge saying my car would dust it. Well when i noticed the car up on the lift today getting tuned and a lightweight pulley on it i quickly asked what was going on.

Now I have to line up with this car and I'm just curious how this is going to turn out. My car is bone stock with a healthy motor. the cobalt has a smaller lightweight pulley for the boost, other then that its stock.

I could be wrong but I think the cobalt makes around 200hp weighing in at 1 1/4 ton.

What do you guys think? Do I need to exhaust &tune to win?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    A stock bugeye would lose. A stage 2 one would win.

the cobalt would pull on it... you might take him if you get a good launch and are precise with your shifts...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

just race him short distance and make sure its from a dead dig you should be able to beat him in an 1/8 if you know how to launch it
    09 WRX Wagon

FWIW, the curb weight is closer to 1.5 tons.
    --Justin

Hawk-Eye Alliance #128