i almost died for my car - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on i almost died for my car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX He's rejoined under a new name, so it looks like the ban will be permanent. Oh ...

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    He's rejoined under a new name, so it looks like the ban will be permanent. Oh wellz.
    All in a days work. I could never be a mod, I'd have a much too itchy ban finger. It's a good thing you guys pull in 6 figures for your efforts :-)
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It's really the free proctologist visits that keep me on board.

Between spammer, trolls, troublemakers, etc, I've made about 10 entries to the IP ban list today.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Between spammer, trolls, troublemakers, etc, I've made about 10 entries to the IP ban list today.

Is work that slow?
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's really the free proctologist visits that keep me on board.
    That's just because you're old and go frequently. I'm sure Sam's Club offers a bulk package of sorts...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    That's just because you're old and go frequently. I'm sure Sam's Club offers a bulk package of sorts...
    Sam's Club sells proctologists?
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Which is why you carry.

Its easier for active duty to do this, but as a civilian i think you have to actually take a course and pay, differs per state. All in all, exercise your rights as an American. Get your carrying permit, and actually spend 900-3000$ on a 45 ACP hand gun, dont buy some POS off of ebay (9mm) or your local pawn store ( BBgun style ). Buy a 45 from Wilsons Combat or from Kimber. Both highly regarded weapon manufacturers and protect your self. I believe in the method where i only have to shoot once. Your Vehicle is ALSO considered as your home. And depending on state again, depends if it can be loaded, where it can be carried from within your car. Check up on your state laws and get a gun.

Sam's Club sells proctologists?
    If not, costco has a setup between the pharmacy and the opthamologist, it's a curtain, chair and a big guy named manny. That sounds like a better deal Ray thats 3 things for you to get done in one trip. Not including the wonderful bulk items at a low low price.
    "M3 drivers have no friends..." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If something sounds too good to be true, it's best to shoot it to make sure" - Fiona Glenanne

Quote Originally Posted by BatesNess View Post
    Its easier for active duty to do this, but as a civilian i think you have to actually take a course and pay, differs per state. All in all, exercise your rights as an American. Get your carrying permit, and actually spend 900-3000$ on a 45 ACP hand gun, dont buy some POS off of ebay (9mm) or your local pawn store ( BBgun style ). Buy a 45 from Wilsons Combat or from Kimber. Both highly regarded weapon manufacturers and protect your self. I believe in the method where i only have to shoot once. Your Vehicle is ALSO considered as your home. And depending on state again, depends if it can be loaded, where it can be carried from within your car. Check up on your state laws and get a gun.
    i'll take my chances without the gun.
    '07 wrx wagon:
    Cobb catback, cobb short ram with intake box, turbosmart small recirc valve, yellow tinted fogs.

little bit older and a little bit more jaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Now that's just plain bad aim.
    Hahaha that's the funniest thing I've heard all day... was he blind by chance or was she fat as ****?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Yea um.. I'm here for the gang bang.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    in some states you go to jail just for drawing a weapon.. let alone using it. Florida is one of them.
    Depending on the specific situation, this is not actually true....at least not in Florida. Within the past two years we've extended the Domain rule to the car and therefore if you stay in your car and someone gets out and starts kicking your vehicle and you feel "frightened for your life" you can legally shoot them dead. You no longer have the responsibility to flee. Now outside of your car such as in a bar, on the street, etc... that's a different matter.

Not making any political statements by saying it's right or wrong ...but it IS the law.

I've carried for 17 years and never once had to take out my weapon and hopefully never will. My hand has certainly laid across the grip on a few occasions but luckily I was able to successfully diffuse those situations with one of the other methods mentioned...ignoring, talking down, taking blame for something I did that didn't occur, tucking my tail between my legs and saying that I was sorry as I was running away as fast as my 6' 3" frame could carry me , all while carrying a loaded Walther P99 .40 cal...anything's better than the thought of permanently removing someone from existence and regardless of common perception, your brain is still the most powerful weapon you have in any situation!.

Tampa isn't Detroit...but it's definitely not Smalltown, USA either and I'd rather explain to a cop and judge why I had to shoot someone to protect my wife and kids than to anyone why I no longer have a family to protect. I also know I'm a responsible adult with what I consider to be decent judgement so I'm comfortable with the repercussions because I know what it would take for me to use it and at that point, it would be necessary.

30+ years ago I was a boyscout and the one thing that stuck with me is "It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it". I use that motto on a daily basis in every aspect of my life...which is why I have my full toolbox, floor jack, extra coolant, oil, radiator hoses, and a spare turbo in my trunk...lol Can you tell I've blown two engines? haha
    Last edited by Sooby-Doo; 03-30-2010 at 04:48 PM.
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That is a lot of junk in the trunk though. What happened to boy scouts traveling light. If you take it on three trips and don't use it, leave it out.

J/K - I made it to Philmont and Tinnerman but was not "eagle material" at the time by any stretch

I should add that there are definitely places I would not go without carrying where there are actual bears.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    That is a lot of junk in the trunk though.
    Ha, that's what they say about my wife too...lol

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist
    What happened to boy scouts traveling light. If you take it on three trips and don't use it, leave it out.
    I know right?! I'm still waiting to get three trips in a row where one of the items isn't needed. Fingers crossed, this is my week...I can feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist
    ...was not "eagle material" at the time by any stretch
    haha, yeah when they said "We Blows" ...they lost me

S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooby-Doo View Post
    Ha, that's what they say about my wife too...lol

I know right?! I'm still waiting to get three trips in a row where one of the items isn't needed. Fingers crossed, this is my week...I can feel it.

haha, yeah when they said "We Blows" ...they lost me

Only time mine ever died in six years it was a sudden battery death. Push start and then let Advanced do the rest. I should probably check my temp tire or just toss it out (never used that either). Sorry for your luck and I hope you get some clear sailing.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    That is a lot of junk in the trunk though. What happened to boy scouts traveling light. If you take it on three trips and don't use it, leave it out.

J/K - I made it to Philmont and Tinnerman but was not "eagle material" at the time by any stretch

I should add that there are definitely places I would not go without carrying where there are actual bears.
    I made eagle scout.. I went to philmont and the charles l. Summers wilderness canoe base as well as two noacs, a national jamboree and a world jamboree... Yea I'm a ****in geek..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC