i almost died for my car - Page 5
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

This is a discussion on i almost died for my car within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if you buy the stuff designed to stop people or dogs in stores.. yeah its weak sauce. What you need ...

if you buy the stuff designed to stop people or dogs in stores.. yeah its weak sauce. What you need is the stuff for bears. Seriously, its nasty stuff. Something that will fend off a 600lb animal will certainly make a mess of a human. Its too bad we cant get a diluted form of mil spec CS gas in a squirt can. Its a really mild nerve agent .. makes ya loose your bowel control and barf all over but extremely effective for managing crowds or an aggressor. Blast that into someone's face and it'll take a good shower before they're right again.

Or, as said.. get a hold of a cop friend and as him to get you the good stuff and a quick class on how to properly use it.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I love the people born in '91 with all those life experiances chimming in.

From my limited exposure to some other forums most CCW people have no business carrying a weapon. It's a security blanket and they walk taller because of it. The majority have no combat pistol training, do not carried chambered rounds, and do not know the law's pertaining to self defense. There are a few that get the big picture. Most wouldnt be able to deal with themselfs if they ever do shoot someone let alone know the civil/criminal risk of it.

Then there are the alternative weapons. Unless you are well versed with an edged weapon, baton, etc it's useless. Go ahead and pull out your 3D cell mag light. Improvised weapons do little against real world weapons (guns/knives).

The pepper spray is NOT the best option. I've seen it really effective and other people it has no effect. Not to mention if you deploy it MORE then likely you are going to be effected by it. You will more then likely be out of the fight at this point. If there are several "aggressors" you have just made it easier for his buddies to beat the snot out of you. So best case situation...it does work on the "bad guy" while you are still going to be taking out of the fight.

My best recommendation...leave when you can. If you feel you must carry a weapon train with it. Know what your state/local laws are regarding it. For instance where I'm at stunguns/tasers are a no go. Also talk to someone like an attorney regarding the potential lawsuits. Even if you are justified you are going to spend some money in court defending yourself. I'm sure if most people got this ball park figure they would think twice about confronting people.

And lastly you do not know this person. If you have ever seen someone on PCP or other "stranger" drugs you'd really think twice. There have been people on PCP shot multiple times and still fought. Locally we had a guy not on anything just a phsyco. The police broke every rib, shattered his jaw, broke his shoulder, bruised all over and he was still fighting. 3 cops 3 batons and he was still grabbing for their weapons. Again you never know who you are going to "give a lesson to".
    Last edited by 302@12psi; 03-29-2010 at 07:47 PM.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    I know for a fact in the state of Oregon if you use bear spray on
    someone you might as well have shot them.

Another thing brought up is this is unfortunately the world we live in today but if you do decide to stand up and fight with any means whether it be fists, pepper spray, gun, or baton be ready to defend yourself in the courtroom. Sad to say but just wait til
    that guy who gets shot in the face with a blast of pepper spray gets ahold of a police officer and tells him you shot him with pepper spray when all he was trying to do was tell you your tire was low. Now your getting sued for him losing his job and hospital bills, therapy and pain and suffering.

As I said before.. Walk, run or drive away.. When safe call the police.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

bottom line ..

sometimes **** happens.. if you can avoid **** you should.. if not, do the best you can.

dont be stupid.

I think that sums it up no?
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Location has alot to do with it also. I mean there are crazy people everywhere, but its always better to have a taser/mace vs a knife rather than your hands. Of course alot of people have different views or beliefs when it comes to any kind of violence, but who wants to just take a beating from a random assh0le because you accidently cut him off. Also age has nothing to do with this, you could be 70 and had a wonderful easy life compared to thousands of kids no older than 10, weak statement. Theres a difference growing up n a town where everyone knows everyone by name and wave at everyone they pass on the street, and living somewhere like chicago or east stlouis(along with many others). It makes it alot easier to avoid dangerous situations. I dont pretend i know what im doing, id just feel safer with some kind of defense, thats just me though. Mango has the right idea IMHO.
    Last edited by cjm1991; 03-29-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just extend the tire shredding razor knock-offs, before going with the oil dump, smokescreen, and flip shift knob open push red shoot missile button thing, works every time.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

I Support ClubWRX
    Your 100% correct.. Walk thru the streets of Compton at night and tase the first guy who approaches you.. Bet you don't make
    it three more feet alive.

If you seriously have to drive with a taser in your car to feel safe... Time for a change of scenery bro. In a bigger city, or let's say bigger town that is an even bigger reason to not be Billy bad ass, mind your p's and q's and stay the **** away from where you know you shouldn't be.

Where in the world does a town exhist where everyone knows everyone anymore?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Your 100% correct.. Walk thru the streets of Compton at night and tase the first guy who approaches you.. Bet you don't make

If you seriously have to drive with a taser in your car to feel safe... Time for a change of scenery bro. In a bigger city, or let's say bigger town that is an even bigger reason to not be Billy bad ass, mind your p's and q's and stay the **** away from where you know you shouldn't be.

Williams OR

Laughing because it is tiny and the only place I can think of but it is right near you.
    Last edited by mycologist; 03-29-2010 at 09:17 PM.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Small towns still exist lol. I avoid dangerous areas/people when i can, but sometimes its not a choice. I install 4 post 2 post and alignment hydraulic lifts for my income, and alot of parts like shives and bearings can only be bought on the spot at certain stores that arent n nice areas. So in those cases i have no choice. I cant just up n move in a day and alot of my family lives within 20 miles of where i live, i like being near my family.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I carry because it makes my member bigger.

To the guy who said that people just come up and harass you, most people wont just mess with people just to mess with them. Especially if you're in a group. I was taught young there are strength in numbers and it still holds true. Most people aren't going to just assault a group of people even if it's only 3 of you. People have tried to mess with me on more than one occasion and all I've done was laugh it off. When they see they don't get a reaction they will move on. Very few times have I had to resort to physical violence and I've never thrown the first punch. I have too much going on in my life to jeapordize it by fighting everyone who looked at me funny.

Although being on my second tour and having been treated for PTSD before I wonder if I could use that as a defense in court
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    The pepper spray is NOT the best option. I've seen it really effective and other people it has no effect. Not to mention if you deploy it MORE then likely you are going to be effected by it. You will more then likely be out of the fight at this point. If there are several "aggressors" you have just made it easier for his buddies to beat the snot out of you. So best case situation...it does work on the "bad guy" while you are still going to be taking out of the fight.

And lastly you do not know this person. If you have ever seen someone on PCP or other "stranger" drugs you'd really think twice. There have been people on PCP shot multiple times and still fought. Locally we had a guy not on anything just a phsyco. The police broke every rib, shattered his jaw, broke his shoulder, bruised all over and he was still fighting. 3 cops 3 batons and he was still grabbing for their weapons. Again you never know who you are going to "give a lesson to".
    im going to have to disagree..pepper spray is one of the most effective self defense tools around..regardless of the person or what kind of drugs their on..they are going to feel the effects of pepperspray..even if they have the craziness to fight the effects and still come after you, pepperspray will still give you a moment where that person is confused and unable to see (if you hit them in the right spot) long enough to make your escape..
    as for more than one assailant coming after you, pepperspray or bear spray comes out in a continuous spray..it easily has the ability to distribute enough to hit multiple targets..even if you couldnt hit all of them it gives you that split second where they assailants are in a state of confusion where you can make your escape.

if you were in a group of a few kids going after someone else and that person whipped out a canister and sprayed your friend and he is now on the ground screaming in agony, i think most people would second guess why they are going after that person

ill agree that yes there will be some times that pepperspray will not be effective but more often than not that pepperspray will bring that person to their knees everytime..
    and if it doesnt stop the person in their tracks, it will deter them enough for you to make an escape.

Your much better off having it just incase rather than not having anything at all

I Support ClubWRX

I live in a very safe neighborhood in an upscale yuppie aptmnt building.... and a guy got shot and robbed outside my aptmnt building a few days ago. It can happen anywhere unfortunately.

9 out of 10 times violent crimes are committed against someone that the offender knows or that the offender was provoked by... but there's still the off chance of a violent crime against an unsuspecting unknowing non-provocative victim. And they happen every day.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not really worried about being harassed. My Subaru's a rally car, bro.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    im going to have to disagree..pepper spray is one of the most effective self defense tools around..regardless of the person or what kind of drugs their on..they are going to feel the effects of pepperspray..even if they have the craziness to fight the effects and still come after you, pepperspray will still give you a moment where that person is confused and unable to see (if you hit them in the right spot) long enough to make your escape..
    as for more than one assailant coming after you, pepperspray or bear spray comes out in a continuous spray..it easily has the ability to distribute enough to hit multiple targets..even if you couldnt hit all of them it gives you that split second where they assailants are in a state of confusion where you can make your escape.

if you were in a group of a few kids going after someone else and that person whipped out a canister and sprayed your friend and he is now on the ground screaming in agony, i think most people would second guess why they are going after that person

ill agree that yes there will be some times that pepperspray will not be effective but more often than not that pepperspray will bring that person to their knees everytime..
    and if it doesnt stop the person in their tracks, it will deter them enough for you to make an escape.

Your much better off having it just incase rather than not having anything at all
    I can tell you first hand it is not 100% effective.

You are also missing the point that the odds of you getting self contaminated are VERY high. Let alone if you need to deploy inside a building.

I have actual training with the stuff. It's not god's gift to self defense.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    I've got personal experience with PCP users. With one, it took 7 of us to hold him down until he could get restrained. Not 7 little guys either... but 7 very big, very strong dudes... all with experience
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!