09 vs large turbo truck
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 09 vs large turbo truck within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just got off work and there are a few lights before i make a turn. I wasn't thinking of ...

09 vs large turbo truck

I just got off work and there are a few lights before i make a turn. I wasn't thinking of much and i was stopped at a light. A large truck was next to me, a new Chevy of some sort i didnt think much of it. the light turned green and he took off i just went normal and got to about 40 and i was in 5th. I saw him keep egging me on so i followed. I thought once the turbo spooled i would be cool... i was wrong. he slowed down and got next me to, this time i went to 2nd at about 40 and waited for him to go and i punched it we stayed even, then i started pulling and we slowed for the light. the traffic turning left was in the way so we never launched from the red.

Either way, that big trucked hauled butt. It had a crew cab and i could heard the turbo spooling... i am sure it was diesel. man those big boys are pretty quick... cant imagen how much torque it must have had.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

A friend of mine in a previous city had a 2001'ish Ram, diesel, modded, tuned, etc... Can't recall the exact numbers, but it was somewhere around 700 rwhp, >1000 ft-lbs. He had fully locking diffs front and rear and could roast 4 tires at once.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    A friend of mine in a previous city had a 2001'ish Ram, diesel, modded, tuned, etc... Can't recall the exact numbers, but it was somewhere around 700 rwhp, >1000 ft-lbs. He had fully locking diffs front and rear and could roast 4 tires at once.
    beastly
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

I smoked one of those diesels from a complete stop. They are too heavy to take off quickly. Once they get going they can be hard to beat.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Ha ha, too heavy. They run 14.0s with just a programmer & exhaust and get quicker from there. You just keep cramming air and fuel into them and they keep making more power. Launch it in 4wd and you've got 650+ tq ready to move you NOW.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

heres this pic is of a chevy diesel its a readout of the max tq input to the trans.

max recorded tq input 963 ft lbs and thats just with a chip and decatted exhaust..stage 2 huh
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

man after reading some of these posts i dont feel to bad since im just a stage 1 09.
    Last edited by wrx1234; 03-22-2010 at 07:41 AM. Reason: i can't spell....

Even if I were into red light racing, I'd take every opportunity not to race a truck. I'd rather not get left in a cloud of black smoke.
    ...Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    Even if I were into red light racing, I'd take every opportunity not to race a truck. I'd rather not get left in a cloud of black smoke.
    This has happend to me.

I think it was 2 summers ago i saw this gray truck with a few guages on his piller and thought "hey its just a truck" well I found out the hard way. From what the owner told me is that he was runnin dual turbos with about 80lbs of boost I don't really know if that was true but I foolishly didn't belive him and we raced. I got into second gear WOT at about 45 and he flew past me as if i was sittin at a red light.

Before this I never new a diesel truck could go that fast. I always thought that trucks were geared low for towing and hauling. Man was I wrong. LOL

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by vttk_mig69 View Post
    This has happend to me.

I think it was 2 summers ago i saw this gray truck with a few guages on his piller and thought "hey its just a truck" well I found out the hard way. From what the owner told me is that he was runnin dual turbos with about 80lbs of boost I don't really know if that was true but I foolishly didn't belive him and we raced. I got into second gear WOT at about 45 and he flew past me as if i was sittin at a red light.

Before this I never new a diesel truck could go that fast. I always thought that trucks were geared low for towing and hauling. Man was I wrong. LOL
    I go by the general rule of "if it's making lots of power, it'll probably go real fast".
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I Support ClubWRX
    I witnessed a Dodge Ram run 11's at Bandimere... which is at 6000ft. So that's a 10 second truck. Incredible. Our track requires smoke stacks for diesels under a specified ET (I can't recall... 14 maybe?). And you should've seen the smoke billowing out of this 11 second monster. All 4 tires were roasting all the way into 3rd. Pretty freaking cool to watch. The crowd was on their feet
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by vttk_mig69 View Post
    ...told me is that he was runnin dual turbos with about 80lbs of boost
    I can't recall any specific numbers off hand, but a lot of those trucks do run insanely high boost; numbers that seem unbelievable.
    ...Rob.

I don't even want to know what these people and spending on fuel. The more power you make, the faster and more fuel you burn. Granted I didn't buy a WRX to save on fuel, but it doesn't take nearly as much for a car than a 7000lb truck.
    2009 WRX - South Denver, CO

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lengthwise32 View Post
    I don't even want to know what these people and spending on fuel. The more power you make, the faster and more fuel you burn. Granted I didn't buy a WRX to save on fuel, but it doesn't take nearly as much for a car than a 7000lb truck.
    My brothers 08 F250 Crew Cab 4wd with an exhaust and chip gets 22mpg on the highway.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    My brothers 08 F250 Crew Cab 4wd with an exhaust and chip gets 22mpg on the highway.
    Wow. That's just a few mpg's off what my WRX has been getting since last August.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast