wrx stock. - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx stock. within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I agree that all RWD v8's are better straight line monsters then the WRX in the fact that were all ...

I agree that all RWD v8's are better straight line monsters then the WRX in the fact that were all limited to budgets. But if you dont put in the factor of $$ Im sticking with awd in the 1/4 (not talking rail or funny cars).
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    But if you don’t put in the factor of $$ I’m sticking with awd in the 1/4 (not talking rail or funny cars).
    In terms of ET, yes. In terms of trap speed, definitely not.
    Last edited by zax; 03-19-2010 at 10:48 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    I agree that all RWD v8's are better straight line monsters then the WRX in the fact that were all limited to budgets. But if you dont put in the factor of $$ Im sticking with awd in the 1/4 (not talking rail or funny cars).
    If budget wasnt a factor, then as far as street cars id say awd gives a huge advantage, especially heavily modded evos. On a track, with fat slicks in the back, awd doesnt help at all, the rwd will still about get u at the line then take over after the 1/8. Unless you got 4 slicks on an awd lol.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Trust me, there are 6 and 7 second Mustangs and Camaro that say RWD is better. 100% weight transfer FTW.
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Trust me, there are 6 and 7 second Mustangs and Camaro that say RWD is better. 100% weight transfer FTW.
    +1, my dad drags and has helped build 6sec cars and says rwd is better for drag. Check out scott lowerys caddilac if u wanna see one, its on google and youtube.
    Chris

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    +1, my dad drags and has helped build 6sec cars and says rwd is better for drag. Check out scott lowerys caddilac if u wanna see one, its on google and youtube.
    damn. Is it a caddy XLR?

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    damn. Is it a caddy XLR?
    I believe so. The owner had it new from factory then stripped down in one night, its ear shattering in person lol. But its a 600 something CI motor with twin turbos.
    Chris

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I believe so. The owner had it new from factory then stripped down in one night, its ear shattering in person lol. But its a 600 something CI motor with twin turbos.
    first full-on drag car I've ever seen that's a convertible lol

Facebook me here

first full-on drag car I've ever seen that's a convertible lol
    Lol i hear ya, idk if id ride in it. Wanna see a friend of a friends mustang hook better than any awd uve seen type n tim lynches mustang. He was on passtime and wrecked but its even meaner now.
    Chris

zax
    If you really want to drag, and nothing else, set yourself up with a 2010 Ford GT500 for $47K and a set of drag radials. 540 HP for under 50,000 isn't a bad deal for dragging.

Or you can opt for the in-house upgrade to a Kenne-Bell twin-screw supercharger which ups the output to 725 HP, but that will set you back $30K on top of the base price. Either way, the WRX isn't the way to go if you want to drag. The GT500 handles like **** though, and has one of the most primitive suspensions on the road today (not even independent rear suspension).

Facebook me here

If you really want to drag, and nothing else, set yourself up with a 2010 Ford GT500 for $47K and a set of drag radials. 540 HP for under 50,000 isn't a bad deal for dragging.

Or you can opt for the in-house upgrade to a Kenne-Bell twin-screw supercharger which ups the output to 725 HP, but that will set you back $30K on top of the base price. Either way, the WRX isn't the way to go if you want to drag. The GT500 handles like **** though, and has one of the most primitive suspensions on the road today (not even independent rear suspension).
    No doubt. Or you could buy 4 f-bodies and do the samething for the same price...
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I Support ClubWRX
    You know, I was making out my "Ray's new car for $50K" just the other day, and was amazed at the number of Mustangs that made the list.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

i think c&d proved that you could hit 60 in about 5.6 seconds with a stock 2.0l wrx.

Realistically, given the fragile nature of the 2.0l tranny, i think 6.1 seconds is a more reasonable estimate with a feathered launch. Imo, a half a second to 60 isn't worth a shattered gearbox.
    amen!!!!!!
    You can get nasty launches out of these things but dont be abusing you car... Yeah mine is only lightly moded but im looking to maintain reliability.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

if you really want to drag, and nothing else, set yourself up with a 2010 ford gt500 for $47k and a set of drag radials. 540 hp for under 50,000 isn't a bad deal for dragging.

Or you can opt for the in-house upgrade to a kenne-bell twin-screw supercharger which ups the output to 725 hp, but that will set you back $30k on top of the base price. Either way, the wrx isn't the way to go if you want to drag. The gt500 handles like **** though, and has one of the most primitive suspensions on the road today (not even independent rear suspension).
    ive read up on those things... Yes they are powerfull and everything but they really dont put the power down to the ground like they should be 0-60 in 4.6 seconds with 540hp and a 50k pricetag... The normall gt runs 0-60 in about 4.9 seconds with 315hp so youd think with a 225hp gain youd be in the sub 4 second territory... The 06 zo5 with 505hp runs 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, so i dont think its really worth the extra 22k for the gt500...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    ive read up on those things... Yes they are powerfull and everything but they really dont put the power down to the ground like they should be 0-60 in 4.6 seconds with 540hp and a 50k pricetag... The normall gt runs 0-60 in about 4.9 seconds with 315hp so youd think with a 225hp gain youd be in the sub 4 second territory... The 06 zo5 with 505hp runs 0-60 in 3.6 seconds, so i dont think its really worth the extra 22k for the gt500...
    The problem is that the stock tires and suspension that the GT500 is shipped with are completely incompetent at putting the power down on the pavement. So, supposedly, if you pick up a set of slicks and upgrade the rear crossbar and lower control arms, the stock GT500 will run the 1/4 mile in approx. 11.5 sec @ 126 MPH -- similar to a stock Z06. Factor in that the Z06 MSRPs at $75K, and tell me once again that the Z06 is a better deal for dragging. Especially since one can pick up the Kenne-Bell supercharger upgrade package (with sport suspension upgrade) for approx. $75K, bringing the power up to 725HP and you can bet which car is going to drag faster for the money...

The Z06 can handle, however, making it a better car all around, but that's not with dragging is about...

Facebook me here

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.