RSX Type-R vs Dodge Charger SRT vs 03 WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on RSX Type-R vs Dodge Charger SRT vs 03 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Im about to get my 03 Subie, and Im ordering the EVO3 16G tubo, AMR TMIC (at least thats what ...

RSX Type-R vs Dodge Charger SRT vs 03 WRX

Im about to get my 03 Subie, and Im ordering the EVO3 16G tubo, AMR TMIC (at least thats what im looking at), HKS up-pipe/downpipe/intake, 750cc DW injectors, and im gonna get my car tuned by ToySpeed. ( im paying for it all and im in High-school, Im selling my car and getting a crap load for it, which i worked and paid for in the first place, and payed insurance. And im installing all of it. but im doing that with my friends at a shop.)

I was wondering if i can beat my friends 05 RSX garage converted Type-R (motor and all) with Headers, Exhaust and intake. its Six speed bc of the Type-r Conversion. But it is NA...

And could i beat a 07 Charger SRT8 Supercharged with Nitrous, idk about any other power adders, but do you think i would have a chance? i mean its auto...

Just wondering... this would be happening at the track to, not on the street. bc i dont (well it would be cool) to see these behind me... again...

soon to be converted to JDM again from KDM...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is that a real cop car or a photoshop job?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

real, but idk if its actually a cop and not a show car kind of thing... im hoping real...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

At least part of that picture is shoop'd. The lights on the top front grille wouldn't be on at the same time. The rest however looks real.

That doesn't look chopped. I've seen one, but usually departments use it as a show car...

any, back on topic...the RSX Type-S...my guess is you'll walk it.

The Dodge Charger sounds more like a scary adversary. You might be able to hang with it, that's a big "might" btw. The supercharger and nitrous could very well nip you in the butt.

You might want to look into other brands other than HKS too...well, at least for the downpipe. OH! And don't forget a fuel pump...
    Last edited by jexeffectz; 03-15-2010 at 11:29 PM.

I believe we found the real Bugeye Mafia member "911"

It has a walbro fuel pump... Yeah, it seelots a lot of sooby owners don't like hks. What down pipe do you Rec.? Yeah I know the RSX type-R will prolly be a breeze, and yeah the set-8 will be a bigger challenge, I think he is to scared to use the nitrous, now his cousin, the true owner who did all the work on the car, wouldn't be scared to go all-out...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CWLTT
    Yeah, it seelots a lot of sooby owners don't like hks. What down pipe do you Rec.?
    Invidia is relatively inexpensive, and decent quality.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

why dont you reccomend HKS dp?
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Invidia is relatively inexpensive, and decent quality.
    I have one and I have had no problems with it, it sounds really good with and Agency Power cat back, it is not too loud either, and the exhaust fumes smell delicious! I think it is the best catless downp pipe for the value!
    STIzzy!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti
    why dont you reccomend HKS dp?
    The flat-plate design isn't as efficient as bellmouth designs. On the stock turbo, this isn't much of an issue, but the more flow a turbo has, the more of a restriction it becomes.

If you go EWG, however, the HKS downpipe is great because it's cheap.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

If its a dig you could give the SRT8 a run. Maybe. A roll? He should get you.

Enlighten me on this Type R thing. RSX's are Type S's. There are no R's. R was an Integra thing. I'm pretty sure the K20 is a better engine than an ITR so I hope he didn't do a swap.
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    The flat-plate design isn't as efficient as bellmouth designs. On the stock turbo, this isn't much of an issue, but the more flow a turbo has, the more of a restriction it becomes.

If you go EWG, however, the HKS downpipe is great because it's cheap.
    so youre saying that with the stock td04 turbo on my 05 wrc the hks dp is fine?
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    If its a dig you could give the SRT8 a run. Maybe. A roll? He should get you.

Enlighten me on this Type R thing. RSX's are Type S's. There are no R's. R was an Integra thing. I'm pretty sure the K20 is a better engine than an ITR so I hope he didn't do a swap.
    There actually is a Honda integra Type-R that is a JDM version of the Type-S RSX. However, in this case I would say your (your being the OP, not colussus) friend is a retard if hes telling you he type-R 'swapped' it. its the same basic car, with a little bit different cam. ALL type-S's have 6 speeds. If hes a base rsx he may have done a type-s swap, but for the money involved, I would say that hes just telling you BS that he knows nothing about. Or, I have seen RSX's with blown motors get the b series integra type-r swap, but that would make them slower compared to a type-S RSX.

All that being said, stage II or higher SHOULD beat an RSX, I ran a 14.8 @ 99mph with just an injen CAI and velocity stack/motor mounts in my 05 RSX-S.
    Last edited by Falxzzr; 03-16-2010 at 08:23 AM.
    05 WRX premium 5mt - Testestuned Stage II

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    so youre saying that with the stock td04 turbo on my 05 wrc the hks dp is fine?
    To answer that I would say yes it is fine, switching to a bell mouth design would probably only give you a few more hp on the td04. But a larger turbo would definitely benefit more from it.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast