RSX Type-R vs Dodge Charger SRT vs 03 WRX - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on RSX Type-R vs Dodge Charger SRT vs 03 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by s202rxi To answer that I would say yes it is fine, switching to a bell mouth design ...

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    To answer that I would say yes it is fine, switching to a bell mouth design would probably only give you a few more hp on the td04. But a larger turbo would definitely benefit more from it.
    Okay, thanks. Not trying to jack this thread, i was just wondering because I just purchased a HKS downpipe. Thanks for the info!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just to clear the air... His RSX was a base, He bought the JDM Integra Type-R motor and Tranny. It is less restricted than the USDM Type-s model, but the Type-r has LSD, and i believe the s does not. The two motors produce practically the same numbers, but the Type-r is just a little better. He also has type-s suspension upgrade. Eventually he wants to Turbo his car. Really its a nice swap, and being that he is only 18 and he did it with me and a couple of fiends who are all in high school it is pretty cool. It is pushing 240-50 but we are gonna go to a dyno here soon to get the exact numbers. He has a high flow Cat-back exhaust, WR intake, Headers.. Im not gonna lie its a nice car, but i dont think it has a chance against the subie..

Oh and the HKS Dp is a Bell-Mouth...
    Last edited by CWLTT; 03-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    soon to be converted to JDM again from KDM...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

With the mods you’re planning I think the RSX is going to be no worries. I knew someone who had and s with the type r cams and other goodies like your friend had. He was running I believe hondata ems too, I could be wrong (not to into honda's). There quick for a na car but not compared to an evo3 16g wrx.

For the SRT-8 with just bolt ons you will have trouble, with nitrous, you’re not going to win. My guess would put the charger in the low 13's. The one you want to race sounds like it can do 12's. The wrx with the mods listed maybe low 13's.

There is really to many factors to tell, ^ my opinions though.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

A blown and juiced SRT8 Charger will be 11's with traction.
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CWLTT View Post
    Just to clear the air... His RSX was a base, He bought the JDM Integra Type-R motor and Tranny. It is less restricted than the USDM Type-s model, but the Type-r has LSD, and i believe the s does not. The two motors produce practically the same numbers, but the Type-r is just a little better. He also has type-s suspension upgrade. Eventually he wants to Turbo his car. Really its a nice swap, and being that he is only 18 and he did it with me and a couple of fiends who are all in high school it is pretty cool. It is pushing 240-50 but we are gonna go to a dyno here soon to get the exact numbers. He has a high flow Cat-back exhaust, WR intake, Headers.. Im not gonna lie its a nice car, but i dont think it has a chance against the subie..

Oh and the HKS Dp is a Bell-Mouth...
    Damn, it would have been cool as hell if I could have done all that in high school.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    A blown and juiced SRT8 Charger will be 11's with traction.
    A good driver would also have a heavy influence on that.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Or a set of tires. Charger is auto so if he can hook up he can just smash the gas and hold on.
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Type-S has LSD. Problem with those honda engines is the lack of torque. For your friend to launch he has to rev up pretty high and feather the clutch just right and FWD doesnt help... you will be fine.

Also he doesnt have a type-r, he has maybe a type-s with mods and hes calling it a R. Thats like me modding my WRX and telling people i have an STI.

The charger is going to walk you... if he doesnt just burn his tires.

type- S does not have LSD. I know, I just traded mine for my WRX.

Civic SI's have LSD.

Type-s get no wheel hop if you have ESMM's or stiff motor mounts, ive launched mine a hundred times with no problem.

With that being said stage 2 WRX will still roll RSX. Type-r cams or not.
    05 WRX premium 5mt - Testestuned Stage II

Type-R:
    The Honda Integra Type-R, sold in Japan has reduced weight, a 220 PS / 164 kW / 217 hp (162 kW) K20A I4 engine (Japan-only; Oceania models have an engine similar to the Acura RSX-S), as well as a limited slip differential (LSD) and stiffer springs and shocks, 4 piston Brembo brakes, 17" wheels on Bridgestone Potenza tires, Recaro suede seats, body trim, and more

Type-S:
    Type-S has a 210 hp (157 kW) in 2005 K20Z1 motor and a short-throw 6-speed manual transmission which has been linked to many technical problems with inside components such as synchro and gears 3 and 5. For the 2006 model year vehicles Honda switched to the Rev 8/04 SAE standards for measuring hp.The Type-S was rated at 201 hp (150 kW). In 2005 the RSX Type-S received camshafts, b-pipe and muffler, 4.7 final drive ratio, crankshaft pulley and the intake snorkel duct from the Japanese model Honda Integra Type-R. Another major change made to the inline VTEC-i engine was the use of a timing chain rather than a timing belt, which reduced maintenance needs.

The engine my friend has is the K20A, the Type-R motor, we bought it cheap off a JDM motor selling company. Yes His RSX has LSD, because it is the Type-R Tranny... But his car has the Stiffer Type-S suspension setup over his old base setup. ANd yes the Type-R motor is rated higher than the Type-s motor. I know for a fact that it is a Type-R, i have seen it and helped to put t in...

SO...
    soon to be converted to JDM again from KDM...
    Bugeye Mafia member #320

What does he have it insured as?

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The SRT-8 will smoke you in the quarter. especially if it's wearing slicks.

The only way to really prove this RSX-(r?) thing is to take both cars to your local track during open track day.

Please, for the love of god, do NOT drag on public roads. That is one of the cardinal mistakes of young drivers and given the lack of driving experience, one of the biggest sources of fatalities.

Take the cars to the track and test it out for yourself
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

What kind of nitrous is the SRT8 running and how big of a shot? It depends on what else he has done (traction mods) That car could be a 10 second car or quicker with those mods.

I really wouldn't know about the RSX, I would say it would be a close one, you should be way up front from the get go.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.