10 Good Reasons Why The WRX Outshines the Competition - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on 10 Good Reasons Why The WRX Outshines the Competition within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Don't laugh, but have you looked at buying a Tiburon? When I was in the market I thought it was ...

Tiburon

Don't laugh, but have you looked at buying a Tiburon? When I was in the market I thought it was pretty snappy, 6 cylinder, nice price, probably a lot better in the insurance premium, and regular unleaded? My only complaint was the very tiny back seat and banging your head against the glass (and I'm 5-7) - but then when would you be in the back of your own car. Just something to consider. They've gotten good quality ratings and I know a guy who's had one for 5 years and not a bit of trouble.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmaj7th View Post
    is that a bugeye sti or has it just been converted?
    i don't believe that there are any bugeye STi in LHD configuration... in fact, there may be no bugeye STi anywhere, though I'm not sure about JDM or EDM
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Actually, STIs have been around for every generation of Impreza way back to the mid 90's.
    There have been LHD bugeye STIs in Germany, Holland and South America (I've seen them back in the day at home in Peru).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails h_i_subaru_impreza_wrx_sti_2002.jpg  

zax
    Quote Originally Posted by MMC_555 View Post
    Actually, STIs have been around for every generation of Impreza way back to the mid 90's.
    There have been LHD bugeye STIs in Germany, Holland and South America (I've seen them back in the day at home in Peru).
    yeah I've seen that image as well. However, all sources I've researched point to the STi model receiving the Peter Stevens facelift (2004 Impreza) as early as 2002. I know that there was a 2002 WRX STi, but it's possible that it was visually similar to the 2004 STi. The bugeye bodystyle may have been skipped altogether.

From wikipedia, because of the ease:
    Rev. B (2002)
    Along with the rest of the Impreza line, the grille and body of the WRX STi was minorly updated by Peter Stevens to give it a more angular look when seen from the side. The foglight covers had pink STi lettering. Not much else besides minor suspension improvements and a small increase in torque output was done.
    The WRX Type RA STi was dropped for a new WRX STi Spec C. This model was much lighter than the WRX Type RA as it received lighter glass and body panels. The Spec C's handling was much improved due to an increase in caster (from 3.5 degrees to 5 degrees). This was achieved not by changing the suspension mounting point, but by lengthening the wheelbase (15 mm). This was done by including different control arms. This increased caster significantly helped the turn-in capabilities of the car. The Spec C also has a steering rack ratio of 13:1. The transmission is supplied with its own oil cooler.
    The WRX STi wagon had ceased to be produced.

Facebook me here

zax
    it's still in the grey, but the "bugeye STi" was discussed in this thread as well: bugeye sti

SD seems to comfirm its existence, though it may have shared the chassis code with the WRX. I guess the best person to answer this question would be Bubba02Sti, be it possible that he owns one of the few LHD bugeye STis, I'd be curious how he got his hands on one! I'd love to have one as well

Facebook me here

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    If your father doesn't want you to own a WRX, then save up enough money and buy your own car so you don't have to listen to him. If he's buying you the car, then he has as much of a say in the choice as you (if not more).
    lol, funny thing is thats what I did, bought my own WRX. Year later, I ended up in a ditch. I'm not gonna lie, being 17 with a some what quick car can be dangerous and that incident definitely scared some sense into me. But I don't blame ya, I would have a si over a WRX either. Just don't be a douche bag, gymkhana wanna be driver.
    I keep my scooby clean

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subieflyer View Post
    Don't laugh, but have you looked at buying a Tiburon? When I was in the market I thought it was pretty snappy, 6 cylinder, nice price, probably a lot better in the insurance premium, and regular unleaded? My only complaint was the very tiny back seat and banging your head against the glass (and I'm 5-7) - but then when would you be in the back of your own car. Just something to consider. They've gotten good quality ratings and I know a guy who's had one for 5 years and not a bit of trouble.
    The new Genesis Coupe with the track package is supposed to be quite the beast.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I think it was supposed to be, but I really haven't seen it deliver. . I've yet to see higher HP ones or really one that was impressive. . now I have seen some sexy ones.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    The new Genesis Coupe with the track package is supposed to be quite the beast.
    truf
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456