Stage 2 WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Stage 2 WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Havent done any research on the Spec V, but a friend of mine has one, but I dont know what ...

Stage 2 WRX vs Sentra SE-R Spec V

Havent done any research on the Spec V, but a friend of mine has one, but I dont know what year. Wants to run my Stage 2 05' WRX, what should i expect? I dont know anything about the Spec V. :P
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 2005sti View Post
    Havent done any research on the Spec V, but a friend of mine has one, but I dont know what year. Wants to run my Stage 2 05' WRX, what should i expect? I dont know anything about the Spec V. :P
    I would say you would win by a few car lengths depending upon his mods. I mean they are light cars with around 175hp. If i remember right I've seen them only hit high 14's if that in the 1/4
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The newer spec Vs are right around 200 bhp. They are direct competition with Honda Civic SIs and RSX-Ss. I would say, "do you think your old Civic SI can hang with your stage II rex?" Then you have your answer right there...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Stock 2007 Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 1/4 mile trap speeds 0-60 - DragTimes.com

given that stage II 2.0L WRXs trap at about 101ish in the upper 13s, you'd take a stock Nissan Sentra spec V by at least a car length
    Last edited by zax; 03-12-2010 at 06:00 AM.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thanks!

My old civic wouldnt be able to hold on to its own nutsack compared to my WRX!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I'm curious about the mods your friends Spec-V may have. Admittedly , I used to want to get one. Back then I was driving a '97 nissan altima, and it seemed like a decent step up.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

I had a 2004 Specv with:

Header
    Intake
    Full exhaust
    JWT cams
    UDP
    maybe something i forgot....

I ran at the track a few runs with my best run being a 14.6. Traction being the main reason. I don't remeber my trap speed it was high 90's.

If you go from a roll you should be fine since the Specv will spin its tires in 1st if they don't work the clutch just right. they have decent torque at low rpms. Unless he has cams and header the motor will poop out at about 5k RPMs.

They are good cars, and they take well to turbos stock. People put 10 PSI on stock internals. They also can do the V6 Swap from the altima... people have ran low 13's with that set up. Light car in the 2800lb range.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I had a 2004 Specv with:

Header
    Intake
    Full exhaust
    JWT cams
    UDP

I ran at the track a few runs with my best run being a 14.6. Traction being the main reason. I don't remeber my trap speed it was high 90's.

If you go from a roll you should be fine since the Specv will spin its tires in 1st if they don't work the clutch just right. they have decent torque at low rpms. Unless he has cams and header the motor will poop out at about 5k RPMs.

They are good cars, and they take well to turbos stock. People put 10 PSI on stock internals. They also can do the V6 Swap from the altima... people have ran low 13's with that set up. Light car in the 2800lb range.
    Geez, I had no idea they were throwing the V6s in there these days. Sounds awesome.
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234 View Post
    I had a 2004 Specv with:

Header
    Intake
    Full exhaust
    JWT cams
    UDP

I would like to see how much the Sentra weighs with the v6. I would assume around 3,000 lbs like the WRX. The Altima I believe is around 3,300lbs but different model so I really cannot compare.

Not dissing Nissans or Sentra owners but I could not imagine the price and time a swap would take for around 100 more hp, I couldn’t really see it justifiable by my standards.

I don’t doubt it could run low 13's but I would say with parts and a tune on top of the swap, seems pricy to me compared to just throwing a turbo on the SE-R
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    I would like to see how much the Sentra weighs with the v6. I would assume around 3,000 lbs like the WRX. The Altima I believe is around 3,300lbs but different model so I really cannot compare.

Not dissing Nissans or Sentra owners but I could not imagine the price and time a swap would take for around 100 more hp, I couldn’t really see it justifiable by my standards.

I don’t doubt it could run low 13's but I would say with parts and a tune on top of the swap, seems pricy to me compared to just throwing a turbo on the SE-R
    But you have to admit, it does seem like a sweet idea (with enough spare time and money). Especially if one could get their hands on an SE-R altima motor...
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Or you could just get the previous generation (late 90's) that was 2350 lbs. in the 200sx form - put a turbo on that 2.0l and you would have a fun car (actually it was pretty fun with the 1.6l even).
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    But you have to admit, it does seem like a sweet idea (with enough spare time and money). Especially if one could get their hands on an SE-R altima motor...
    Yeah it's always cool to swap in a better engine. I used to have a cavalier and read stories of guys swapping in GTP engines, I believe someone even threw in an LS1 engine.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111

Yeah it's always cool to swap in a better engine. I used to have a cavalier and read stories of guys swapping in GTP engines, I believe someone even threw in an LS1 engine.
    People seem to throw LS1s into literally everything. RX-7s, 240SXs...I wouldn't be surprised to find someone with one in a Kia Sorento one of these days
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

They do it because they are compact (for a V8) light and make tremendous power for not a lot of money.
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

The V6 swap only adds a little over 50 pounds not much more than adding a turbo. The V6 swap is also more reliable, your dropping a stock motor and the specv tranny has not problems till you get over 300 hp to the wheels, once it done your solid.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.