Who's New Red STi ran my C6 Z51 Convertible 6-speed - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Who's New Red STi ran my C6 Z51 Convertible 6-speed within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by cjm1991 Nice vette. I got to drive my dads 08 z51, and wow. Handles Amazing, torque is ...

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Nice vette. I got to drive my dads 08 z51, and wow. Handles Amazing, torque is incredible in 2nd and 3rd, and the hud is awesome, almost looks like its outside the windsheild. Once again, sweet ride

Chris
    Thanks Chris. I think you have to drive a C6 to know what its all about. These things are monsters. At least you have a vette to drive once a while (that''s if your dad is willing to hand over the keys).

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by callmedoc View Post
    Thanks Chris. I think you have to drive a C6 to know what its all about. These things are monsters. At least you have a vette to drive once a while (that''s if your dad is willing to hand over the keys).
    When im old enough and mature enough, ill try finding a c6. Till then ill stick with my subby. Too much car for a 19 yr old IMHO.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

When im old enough and mature enough, ill try finding a c6. Till then ill stick with my subby. Too much car for a 19 yr old IMHO.
    As my best friend said after driving my vette, "This thing is NOT for a little kid" (maturity wise). I know I could not handle having my vette when I was 19. I can barely handle it at 29 right now.

The WRX is an awesome car for a 19 y/o. Good luck with yours.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedoc View Post
    The WRX is an awesome car for a 19 y/o. Good luck with yours.
    As long as it's not heavily modified... They get scary fast scary quick.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Thanks doc

Im stage 2 right now, I want to go stage 4 and have the money to do so, but im on stock tranny and motor at 149k, idk if its a good idea.

Chris
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks doc

Im stage 2 right now, I want to go stage 4 and have the money to do so, but im on stock tranny and motor at 149k, idk if its a good idea.

Chris
    With the WRX and STi, after stage 2 there are too many variable options, so we pretty much disband the "stages". Do you have an 02 or 03? and which transmission code do you have? How much previous abuse has the car been through? How long has the car been stage 2? These are all questions I'd ask before even thinking about a turbo upgrade.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Just saw you have a 2002 (in your sig) I wouldn't recommend doing anything beyond stage two unless you have ~ 5k for a transmission rebuild or 2k for a used transmission....
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I Support ClubWRX
    Itd be a quick way to get to stage 10...

You know... stage 10 where the motor is in the garage in millions of pieces and the tranny is somewhere in the middle of town where it grenaded along with the motor...

(Im just playin man, answer Kevins questions and we will get you squared away.)

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    :roffles:
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    With the WRX and STi, after stage 2 there are too many variable options, so we pretty much disband the "stages". Do you have an 02 or 03? and which transmission code do you have? How much previous abuse has the car been through? How long has the car been stage 2? These are all questions I'd ask before even thinking about a turbo upgrade.
    Its an 02. The car was stock for 135k miles and has only been stage 2 for about 3k miles. Im the 3rd owner. Its got original motor and tranny as far as i know. Its runs perfect, but i went from stage 2 sti to a 02 wrx, because i couldnt afford insurance on another sti. I just want a little more outta the car. I was gunna do a compression test before i put a 16g on it. Would i be making a mistake?
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Its an 02. The car was stock for 135k miles and has only been stage 2 for about 3k miles. Im the 3rd owner. Its got original motor and tranny as far as i know. Its runs perfect, but i went from stage 2 sti to a 02 wrx, because i couldnt afford insurance on another sti. I just want a little more outta the car. I was gunna do a compression test before i put a 16g on it. Would i be making a mistake?
    transmission won't handle it buddy... too much torque The 2002 transmission is known for not handling turbo upgrades well.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    transmission won't handle it buddy... too much torque The 2002 transmission is known for not handling turbo upgrades well.
    Alright. I was gunna just get some headers, an intake and a protune for now. Would a used sti tranny be my next best investment?
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    Alright. I was gunna just get some headers, an intake and a protune for now. Would a used sti tranny be my next best investment?
    Definitely. I'd save for the transmission right now. Don't waste money on the intake, headers, and protune. That's about 1500 in and of it's self. All money that could be put towards that tranny.
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

I have about 6k left from insurance money on the sti. I had full coverage so i ot 19k back for it. Is 6k enough for a sti 6 speed and to have it installed?
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX
    It is the way I would go. Dont get headers, you can get ported ones. There are select few that actually do any good.. IMO

STi tranny (including dccd)
    STi rear driveshaft
    STi rear axles
    STi rear hubs/brakes

If it were me Id also go STi front brakes because then you dont have to run 2 different wheels/patterns

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.