ever had one of these or worse try to race you?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ever had one of these or worse try to race you? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way home from school tonight a 1980's honda civic hatchback tried to race me. And no there was ...

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX

ever had one of these or worse try to race you?

On my way home from school tonight a 1980's honda civic hatchback tried to race me. And no there was nothing done to it at all except aging. I couldnt get pictures as it was dark and i was driving. They pulled up to me about 4-5 times reving the engine and taking off. Not quite sure why they thought they even had a chance, so i just looked at them and started laughing.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I've had far too many Honda's, Nissan's, and Diesel trucks even attempt to get me to race them. ****ing streetracers, I'd love to see a streetracer get his comeupance one day. Just epic self-ownage into a streetlight or barricade.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    I've had far too many Honda's, Nissan's, and Diesel trucks even attempt to get me to race them. ****ing streetracers, I'd love to see a streetracer get his comeupance one day. Just epic self-ownage into a streetlight or barricade.
    If it makes you feel any better someone once out-cornered me into a freeway onramp -- but they out-braked themselves and ran out of real estate, and scraped off their entire front bumper on some curbing on the outside. It was one of those fancy oh-look-at-me bumpers.

Another guy flew by me onto a 270' underpass where one freeway intersects another to go from north to east, a big loop in other words, and I actually was impressed with the guy, I thought "wow, he's carrying all that speed and hasn't even tapped his brakes, I'm not even quick enough to see what line he's chosen, he'll be gone by the time I finish my braking and turn in..." He went off the road face first by locking up his fronts in a panic, left big black marks. He was going so fast he had time to make a mess and come to a stop before I even got to see him there.

EDIT: I should clarify that I do not race people. These guys just flew by me into history.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    hah I get that a lot, for me most of the time its just kids trying to have a good time making a joke. Sometimes without getting unsafe I will show them what the car can do, I usually end up with many thumbs up and dropped jaws.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    hah I get that a lot, for me most of the time its just kids trying to have a good time making a joke. Sometimes without getting unsafe I will show them what the car can do, I usually end up with many thumbs up and dropped jaws.
    Ohh show me how!
    Blobeye Syndicate #888

Iíve had a primer grey civic hatch with the whole interior gutted out try to race me. It had no back window but a piece of plastic taped where it was suppose to be.

I donít know about other peopleís experiences but those are the people that want to race every light and wonít give up lol.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

I Support ClubWRX
    I suspect that they are merely curious about what your car can do. I remember being 16, in a 1970 Chevrolet Impala, and revving on nice foreign cars at stoplights, in the hopes of watching them show off their horsepower.

my Impala had an unsmogged smallblock 350, so a lot of times I actually beat the nice foreign car to the next stoplight..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont like racing on the streets primarily because i will be applying to the police academy next semester and that woud look great on my record. I did show them a little of what the car could do, just before my turn home, i just WOL and the turbo kicked in good and then i stepped off.
    Funny people want to race just because they know your car is nicer than theirs.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    I dont like racing on the streets primarily because i will be applying to the police academy next semester and that woud look great on my record. I did show them a little of what the car could do, just before my turn home, i just WOL and the turbo kicked in good and then i stepped off.
    Thatís totally true I drive like an old man (not hating on older people) to stay off the cops bad side. Ill usually just give them a good rev, get into boost in first, and be done.
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

So I was driving home one night on the ring road around the city. Im just doing 65mph and this Sebring probably an 01 comes up behind me really fast, so I sped up a bit and after a short while of him followig me I take my exit on the right. Its a long road with a hard 90 degree turn at the end. So I continue down to the bend with the Sebring right on my tail, I brake at the last safe moment for my 09 WRX and turn in. Im thinking there is no way the Sebring can brake that hard its a boat! Oh how right I was, the Sebring locks the brakes and slides straight off the road into the ditch. I had a little giggle to myself and just carried on driving.
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I suspect that they are merely curious about what your car can do. I remember being 16, in a 1970 Chevrolet Impala, and revving on nice foreign cars at stoplights, in the hopes of watching them show off their horsepower.

my Impala had an unsmogged smallblock 350, so a lot of times I actually beat the nice foreign car to the next stoplight..

+1 More than likely what they are wanting to see. Some boosted AWD awesomeness. My first car was a gold 1986 Chevy Cavalier 4 door Sh1t box. Did the same kind of stuff to the new-at-the-time Camaros and fivepointohs. Kinda douchey but it was fun when they took the bait and left 50' skid marks at the light.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    I feel sure that they don't look at it that way.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I feel sure that they don't look at it that way.
    Probably not but that is the logical thinking

Quote Originally Posted by s202rxi View Post
    Thatís totally true I drive like an old man (not hating on older people) to stay off the cops bad side. Ill usually just give them a good rev, get into boost in first, and be done.
    That's what i did, except in 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by binjoau View Post
    So I was driving home one night on the ring road around the city. Im just doing 65mph and this Sebring probably an 01 comes up behind me really fast, so I sped up a bit and after a short while of him followig me I take my exit on the right. Its a long road with a hard 90 degree turn at the end. So I continue down to the bend with the Sebring right on my tail, I brake at the last safe moment for my 09 WRX and turn in. Im thinking there is no way the Sebring can brake that hard its a boat! Oh how right I was, the Sebring locks the brakes and slides straight off the road into the ditch. I had a little giggle to myself and just carried on driving.
    Funny but terrible for them
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I was sitting at a light to turn left one day. I think it was an alero Oldsmobile roll up behind me. he starts honking and flashing lights. so I sit there light turns green I wait a few seconds cause this guy was in a hurry it seemed. long behold I go make my turn he come flying wide on the turn some wanna be gangster kid. honks then floors it. so I got into boost in 2nd smoked him into to third now about 3 or 4 car lengths on him. I see a read light coming up I proceed to slow down for the light couple cars in front of me. he comes flying by in the right lane then looks forward and slams right into the back up a pick f 250 ford. must of been the most funniest thing I have ever experience. yes the driver was fine. his car not so good whole front end smashed. the f 250 you guessed it not a scratch Iím thinking he hit the hitch receiver. then as I rolled by revved and turned my 4 ways and boosted away ahahahahahah. best subie exp ever

I Support ClubWRX
    What you're describing would stand out as a red flag for me, in your situation. From the sound of it, if you hadn't participated in racing him, there's a good chance that that accident wouldn't have happened. It's fortunate that no one was hurt...what if he had hit someone in a tiny car?

Just food for thought. It sounds like you guys were going at it in an area full of cars.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast