ever had one of these or worse try to race you? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on ever had one of these or worse try to race you? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Best similar experiences were in a POS late 80's Dodge Daytona my wife had during our freshman year. That pile ...

Best similar experiences were in a POS late 80's Dodge Daytona my wife had during our freshman year. That pile of crap had some mysterious idling problems where it would often rev up to about 4k at stop lights so naturally everyone thought she was trying to race. Sometimes it would rev so bad it was hard not to lay scratch on the pavement with those hubcapped all season radials. Quite entertaining that people wanted to race her because she couldn't afford to get her car fixed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by charmander View Post
    i pulled up to an '05 sti after tailgating him for a while in a pontiac sunfire and revved myself up with whatever power i could manage and i took off while he did nothing but cruise.

He probably laughed at me ahah.
    I'm the guy that everyone here is talking about
    im right there with ya... Im the guy in the stock mid 90's civic who pulls up to camaros and gives them a rev and a stair down.. I just think its funny because i know they cant even hear my quiet exhaust and i know i could never win... I dont ever actually try to race... I just like to give a little rev
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I had 2 kids in a 1989 or so 240sx try to race me one afternoon. It was rusted and spray painted flat black and when it accelerated it sacked out the rear struts I find some people amusing so I just had to laugh.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

Quote Originally Posted by charmander View Post
    I pulled up to an '05 sti after tailgating him for a while in a pontiac sunfire and revved myself up with whatever power I could manage and I took off while he did nothing but cruise.

He probably laughed at me ahah.
    I'm the guy that everyone here is talking about
    Lol nice. Me and my buddys do the same in our bad day beaters for rain and when we dont wanna drive our nice cars. I try racing corvettes, TAs, stangs, all kinds of stuff in my 93 dodge caravan, shes maroon red with a big dent on the right side. Funny part is i have beat v6 stangs and v8 old trucks lol. If only the the van was a stick, id raise hell.

Chris
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Lol nice. Me and my buddys do the same in our bad day beaters for rain and when we dont wanna drive our nice cars. I try racing corvettes, TAs, stangs, all kinds of stuff in my 93 dodge caravan, shes maroon red with a big dent on the right side. Funny part is i have beat v6 stangs and v8 old trucks lol. If only the the van was a stick, id raise hell.

Chris
    Lol sweet, we used to do the same in my buddies 1989 DR Van but we never beat anyone because it was auto, had around 250k miles and had a 4 cylinder but I must say the custom racing stripes added some aerodynamics!
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

Quote Originally Posted by kbrownmann View Post
    im right there with ya... Im the guy in the stock mid 90's civic who pulls up to camaros and gives them a rev and a stair down.. I just think its funny because i know they cant even hear my quiet exhaust and i know i could never win... I dont ever actually try to race... I just like to give a little rev
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by benson156 View Post
    Lol sweet, we used to do the same in my buddies 1989 DR Van but we never beat anyone because it was auto, had around 250k miles and had a 4 cylinder but I must say the custom racing stripes added some aerodynamics!
    Yes, I'm not alone!
    lol in a van it must just be hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by benson156 View Post
    Oh ya, where i live is infested with dual exhaust cavaliers and crx's with pipes..
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I dont race people on open roads, the only time i was tempted and actually went ahead with it was when i pulled next to a blue viper gts with "hennessey" on the license plate so I could see and obvious hear it had some power and we had a good little run to 90mph, then i chickened out because I am NOT getting a wreckless driving speeding ticket. he musta kept going to 150 easyily.....Dumbass. I felt pretty good because all I had on my car was a turbo back, intake and a tune

I lost against another Audi today in my A4, it wasn't a true race but we definately tried to out accelerate each other. Looked like a newer A4 or A6. I love the road at 4 am, there's noone around.
    2010 Blue WRX Premium
    2001 A4 1.8T Quattro
    2002 Cavalier (destroyed)

The only people that try to race me are 16 year old kids in STI's that see my wingless debadged stock exhaust bugeye as a easy target, and soon find out that isn't the case. I always give them the friendly subaru wave and then they rev me.

I live by a high school, so I get a bunch of hondas with fart-cans and V6 Mustangs. It's sad. Most the time when they are reving i just pay no attention - waist of fuel.
    _-_-_-_Blobeye Syndicate #12571_-_-_-_
    2005 WRX STi
    1994 RX-7
    1995 Eclipse RS (The Daily)

this is a buddies story I just have to share.

My buddy was driving home from work on a highway in his stock 06 wrx hatch. He was just cruisin mindin his own business when a nice 200? vette pulled up next to him and was tryin to get him to race. The vette did 2 little pulls to show of their power then would slow down to even up with him. He knew he didn't have a chance and didnt even try to race. He basically just keep cruisin for a while until the vette just took off like a bat outa hell and he lost sight of the vette. A couple miles down the road he sees the vette pulled over on the side of the road. We still laugh about it today!
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I suspect that they are merely curious about what your car can do. I remember being 16, in a 1970 Chevrolet Impala, and revving on nice foreign cars at stoplights, in the hopes of watching them show off their horsepower.

my Impala had an unsmogged smallblock 350, so a lot of times I actually beat the nice foreign car to the next stoplight..
    This is kind of what I was thinking. Though alot of them believe as long as they have that honda power, they can beat the world.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123