ever had one of these or worse try to race you? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on ever had one of these or worse try to race you? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i dont belevie it was any part my falut as i was probloly more that 5 football feilds away at ...

i dont belevie it was any part my falut as i was probloly more that 5 football feilds away at a stop and he came flying by not paying attention to the red light and looking at me stoped. so i feel thats his fault for all of it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    +1 More than likely what they are wanting to see. Some boosted AWD awesomeness. My first car was a gold 1986 Chevy Cavalier 4 door Sh1t box. Did the same kind of stuff to the new-at-the-time Camaros and fivepointohs. Kinda douchey but it was fun when they took the bait and left 50' skid marks at the light.
    +1 for the first car being a cavy lol
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya View Post
    i dont belevie it was any part my falut as i was probloly more that 5 football feilds away at a stop and he came flying by not paying attention to the red light and looking at me stoped. so i feel thats his fault for all of it.
    I hear what you're saying.

Just bear in mind that if someone had been killed in the crash, the family members, and perhaps even the court, would probably still regard you as "one of the streetracers that led to their child/parent/sister's death".

Just giving you something to chew on. Have a nice day..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

It's nice to have some good fun once in awhile and represent what a subaru can do.

I try to take everything in moderation.

[edit]
    good and bad
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

I used to have a lot of people try to race me in the WRX not so much the Z. Maybe it was because the Wrx was more obviously modded. My z looks stock except for wheels but the wrx had some exterior mods and a louder exhaust.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I had one of those 80s civics pull up to me just this week. 3 teens in it, multicolored body panels and rust everywhere...fart can welded on...Driver had a sideways baseball cap and a cigarette hanging out of his mouth. Passenger was this squirrely little dude all unshaven with a thick gold chain around his neck...seriously pathetic thugged out trash. Kept revving...actually revved and pulled past the light, so he reversed to keep revving at me. I just started laughing my ass off at them openly as they sped off to the next light about 100 feet away. So they revved again, I kept laughing...and decided to play. I revved a little back with my Injen exhaust on my Z completely drowning out the sound of their 1.6L with a fart can. Light changed, they peeled a little wheels and sped off...I just calmly turned right at that light and went on my way. I thought it was funny.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I give them no mind usually. imho the f n f movies really did give alot of idiots some terrible Ideas.

When I was back in florida I had a guy in a golf III try to run me in my old merkur. At 2800lb, rwd, 415hp it was no slouch. Fastest quarter I pulled off was 11.7@121

.. he kept doing the typical horn blow and ricer roll. There was traffic ahead of us for a while and I knew I was going to reach ludicrous speed in short order so I didn't give him any go, we were already doing about 65-70 (slow for fl). Once traffic cleared though and I couldn't see anyone ahead I dropped from 5th to 3rd while next to him and stood in it. Hit 100 in a few blinks and slowed back to 70. I'm not sure what he and his buddy thought more impressive, that I just smoked my rear tires on the highway at speed.. or that I left him like he was sitting still while boiling off my rear tires. Either way when I slowed to continue cruising he rolled back up next to me .. dropped back a little, then rolled up ahead a little.. all the while his passenger looking really hard for any emblems (I had debadged the car, and if any of you have seen a xr4ti it has very odd looks) obviously not knowing what it was they rolled on. Didn't even try to make another attempt at playing with me. It was wicked to see the complete shock on their faces though

how many cars do you know look like a old saab and will roast rear tires at highway speeds

in the wrx I just let them go, obviously if they're calling me out they know what it is and they probably know the specs on the car. I'm not going to show off or be someones kill story. I've met a few of those little stripped civics at the track that were brutally fast. The fastest ones I found were always the least flashy ones. I remember one guy with a early 80s civic hatch that had more rust than paint running mid 12's on pump gas. Wouldn't show me what was under the hood.. but he was killing his bracket.. so he was consistent as hell too.

Mine is all factory, its not worth loosing my license to impress some hs kids or punk street racers.

there are places n times.. and they just dont seem to get that.
    Last edited by mangostick; 03-05-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    That's definitely true. But if they wanted to race on a track, then its not worth it because they know they will get smoked. (discussing along the lines of a rusted 80's civic) Maybe they are looking for satisfaction to say they got a wrx to race them?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I think you've nailed it.. they know the car isn't fast, they just want to see what kind of rise they can get out of you. Most guys with a serious car aren't going to show it off on the street.. thats what the track in a controlled setting is for. And they def wont do it with friends (aka extra weight) in the car to slow em down.

I grew up with some serious street racing history in my area.. hell.. Shirley Mulldowney and family lived only 30min from my parents house. And yes she did get her start on the street as many other professional racers of the day did. The last 1/4mi on Washington ave in Albany NY has seem some serious machines. Yeah it was still illegal but was conducted in a much more responsible manor. Late at night, no traffic.. just racers and spectators.

Today's punks (cuz thats what they are) have no clue how to do it right.. they're racing in traffic, during the day.. high risk environments. NOT how you try and pull off something illegal. Highway rolls are garbage anyway, if its not from a dig and/or doesn't have turns its not a race. Its sad and I blame a good majority of it on Hollywood. before fnf.. that stuff was alot less common.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    I think you've nailed it.. they know the car isn't fast, they just want to see what kind of rise they can get out of you. Most guys with a serious car aren't going to show it off on the street.. thats what the track in a controlled setting is for. And they def wont do it with friends (aka extra weight) in the car to slow em down.

I grew up with some serious street racing history in my area.. hell.. Shirley Mulldowney and family lived only 30min from my parents house. And yes she did get her start on the street as many other professional racers of the day did. The last 1/4mi on Washington ave in Albany NY has seem some serious machines. Yeah it was still illegal but was conducted in a much more responsible manor. Late at night, no traffic.. just racers and spectators.

Today's punks (cuz thats what they are) have no clue how to do it right.. they're racing in traffic, during the day.. high risk environments. NOT how you try and pull off something illegal. Highway rolls are garbage anyway, if its not from a dig and/or doesn't have turns its not a race. Its sad and I blame a good majority of it on Hollywood. before fnf.. that stuff was alot less common.

Yeah fnf has a large effect on peoples minds. If they can do it why cant i?
    There was a cop that we drove by on the way, with someone pulled over, but i wish he was finished with his other pull over and got behind the civic for trying to race, that would have made my night.
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300

I wish more people had cool cars up here to race in Michigan. The only time I raced somebody was when I was in my 2004 GTO and raced and Acura NSX.......He didn't win. When I went down south there where a lot more fast cars.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_rider619 View Post
    i just looked at them and started laughing.
    I've done the point and laugh as well when deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    hah I get that a lot, for me most of the time its just kids trying to have a good time making a joke. Sometimes without getting unsafe I will show them what the car can do, I usually end up with many thumbs up and dropped jaws.
    I recall one of these ... they just wanted a brief demonstration. Smiles and after I applied high boost.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I remember being 16, in a 1970 Chevrolet Impala, and revving on nice foreign cars at stoplights, in the hopes of watching them show off their horsepower.

my Impala had an unsmogged smallblock 350, so a lot of times I actually beat the nice foreign car to the next stoplight..
    Same here - 1969 Olds Cutlass S with a 350 4bbl. Man that was fun ...
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

The other night, im driving home from the movies with a friend of mine. Alot of people tend to go "cruising" down the street that runs through the middle of town on friday nights and I just happpen to run into a 4 door baby blue honda accord with every gauge known to man, full body kit, big gangster wing, and enough neon to light up a city. He did have it turboed however. We get to a stoplight and all I hear is revving then Chhhh! More revving then Chhhhh! Im laughing so hard it hurts and when the light turns green he drops the clutch, burns the tires a little, bogs down, then takes off. What happens? The cop just happen to be rolling by. Boy did that make my whole week. Probably the funniest thing I have ever seen besides a big fat man wreck a moped in the rain. Hahaha!
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX - FP 68HTA'd
    2007 Honda Civic Si (Stock) - Traded it for ^^^

Blobeye Syndicate #728

Not really a stupid car, but just raced an older ws6 (98 or 99) on a nice little straight road on the way to my house. I had my gf in the car, just picked her up so didnt wanna get to crazy. It was from about 25-80, so naturally he watched my subby run from him. It was probably stock with exhaust, but still fun eating a v8 with my flat 4. I got a thumbs up though, so guys were cool about losing.

Chris
    Last edited by cjm1991; 03-08-2010 at 04:30 PM.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I pulled up to an '05 sti after tailgating him for a while in a pontiac sunfire and revved myself up with whatever power I could manage and I took off while he did nothing but cruise.

He probably laughed at me ahah.
    I'm the guy that everyone here is talking about

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.