Stage 2 Bugeye vs Evo IX - Page 3
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Bugeye vs Evo IX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by mangostick So why are you letting a spoiled little ***** with mommy n daddies car get under ...

Quote Originally Posted by mangostick View Post
    So why are you letting a spoiled little ***** with mommy n daddies car get under your skin? Effectively whether he drives it or not its still their car.. they bought it.. he just gets to drive it.

Let life sort it out when he cant get a job and mommy and daddy cut him off because he's a bum and cant fend for himself in the real world without their support.

being in my 30's now and growing up with a few of those kids and feeling the same way then that you do.. I can tell you that very few come out halfway self sufficient. Its sad, but true.

this is the troof^^

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    My pride comes in the fact that mommy and daddy bought his evo and i pay for my car and all the mods.
    trust me i know where youre coming from, i live in a poor as town and the next town over is filled with rich kids. i used to to get "just a wrx shoulda got an sti, wrx's suck" all the time. but i dont let it bother me cause i know the following:

1. i saved for 3 years to get this car
    2. i can actually drive my car in something other than a stupid highway pull
    and
    3. i actually know things about my car and do research(i dont know alot but certainly way more than they do)

that enough is enough to give me all the pride needed to laugh at them in the face when they talk carp.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm going to have to agree with the evil monkey below. I've worked 5 years with ****ty retail customers in a best buy to get my wrx and in all honesty I think I appreciate it much more. If itís worth any weight my parents have supplied my sister with two John Claude Grand Amís now after she totaled her first one into one of those red balls outside of a target. Iím still convinced she did it for fun just because she knew it wasnít hers and that my parents would just pluck another beater car from the vine for her. Years later Iím about to graduate from Ohio State and sheís sitting at home going to her part time community college. Itís sad but hey it definitely shows how work pays off.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya
    iv gone 45 seconds on a straight away with no hands and my rex goes straight and i love that.
    Why would you do that (what happens if you hit a bump or you had a tire blow out?)? Even when I used to throw a dip in while driving, I'd have at least one hand on the wheel. It's one thing to take it off for a split second or something, but 45 seconds is
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    honestly it doesnt really bother me that much. I have always had the attitude that i'll be way better off paying for all my own stuff. I see it at college every day. Kids who's parents are paying for school and dont ever show up or put forth any effort. I pay for all my own school, car, gas, etc. But dont mistake what i said before that this is a subject really bothering me or anything, i could care less its just fun to mess with those kids.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

ya just bought 4 new tires. you dont ever test the aligement with your wrx. i was only doing 45 50 in cruise just happy that my rex dosent pull side to side and jusrt goes straight its not nuts.

I Support ClubWRX
    honestly it doesnt really bother me that much. I have always had the attitude that i'll be way better off paying for all my own stuff. I see it at college every day. Kids who's parents are paying for school and dont ever show up or put forth any effort. I pay for all my own school, car, gas, etc. But dont mistake what i said before that this is a subject really bothering me or anything, i could care less its just fun to mess with those kids.
    It's all relative. The kids you're talking about probably know even richer guys, that have been given even nicer cars, and they think that they are "spoiled"...whereas, old guys like me won't think of you as "paying for everything" until you're out in your own house, actually "paying for everything".

Not directed at you personally, btw...I don't know a thing about you.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It's all relative. The kids you're talking about probably know even richer guys, that have been given even nicer cars, and they think that they are "spoiled"...whereas, old guys like me won't think of you as "paying for everything" until you're out in your own house, actually "paying for everything".

Not directed at you personally, btw...I don't know a thing about you.
    You are correct. I consider myself having it easy, even though i pay for my car and school, i dont pay rent, can eat my mom's food and am on her insurance.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Hoses which only see negative pressure blowing off doesn't make sense, like the recall statement which initially started most of this.

Quote Originally Posted by akplaaya View Post
    my roommate has a 2006 evo MR shiny black and has had it over a year now. he loves this car to death and i love my rex. but ever since he bought this 340000$ car has had numerous problems with it. 1 turbo inlet house when he goes into boost blows off. if it wasent for the extensive warrenty package that he bought the car with he would be screwed with repairs. he has had 3 allignments in the last 6 months thats rediculious. i bought my rex with 50k miles and have never had any problems. iv gone 45 seconds on a straight away with no hands and my rex goes straight and i love that.

My pride comes in the fact that mommy and daddy bought his evo and i pay for my car and all the mods.
    I think thats a fair assumption. I bought my 05 with my own cash, pay my insurance (both vehicle and 100 a month for my htc hero) on my own. I almost wished i died in the accident where i rolled my baby(sti) because. 19k took me 4 years to save up, and it lasted a total of 3 weeks. I now have an 02 with mods that i used insurance money to buy. It feels great beating spoiled kids who dont know what a day of work is and drive nicer cars than me. Bravo if you beat him, if not say at least I bought my car.

I love the way evo 9s look and i almost bought an evo8, until my much more knowledgable father, whos owned 100 drag/streets cars at least in his past 40 years driving, and my buddys who have degrees from amazing trade schools to be trained mechanics told me the wrx aint as fast, but will save you serious frustration when your fast cars n the shop every weekend.

You dont just all of a sudden get a bad rep for no reason, the evo made its own reputation.

Ill just leave it at that, i had to vent somewhere lol., no offense to evo owners, awd turbos ftw.

Chris

P.S. totally random but my gf whats to know what kind of kitten is in your avatar brian, she wants one just like it
    Last edited by cjm1991; 03-03-2010 at 11:51 AM.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I love the way evo 9s look and i almost bought an evo8, until my much more knowledgable father, whos owned 100 drag/streets cars at least in his past 40 years driving, and my buddys who have degrees from amazing trade schools to be trained mechanics told me the wrx aint as fast, but will save you serious frustration when your fast cars n the shop every weekend.

You dont just all of a sudden get a bad rep for no reason, the evo made its own reputation.

Ill just leave it at that, i had to vent somewhere lol., no offense to evo owners, awd turbos ftw.

Chris

Just like all those "recalls" you talked about initially for them, you have no clue what you're talking about and evidently you surround yourself with others who are similar in nature. They don't have a bad rep, except with fanbois.

Yours truly - Someone that's actually owned, raced, beaten on, rebuilt and broken all the cars in question, not just read about them or heard stories.
    Last edited by BrianH; 03-03-2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: morons

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by vandergriff View Post
    I'm going to have to agree with the evil monkey below. I've worked 5 years with ****ty retail customers in a best buy to get my wrx and in all honesty I think I appreciate it much more. If itís worth any weight my parents have supplied my sister with two John Claude Grand Amís now after she totaled her first one into one of those red balls outside of a target. Iím still convinced she did it for fun just because she knew it wasnít hers and that my parents would just pluck another beater car from the vine for her. Years later Iím about to graduate from Ohio State and sheís sitting at home going to her part time community college. Itís sad but hey it definitely shows how work pays off.
    Hey now. I go part time to a community college!
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Just like all those "recalls" you talked about initially for them, you have no clue what you're talking about and evidently you surround yourself with others who are similar in nature. They don't have a bad rep, except with fanbois.

Yours truly - Someone that's actually owned, raced, beaten on, rebuilt and broken all the cars in question, not just read about them or heard stories.
    You....still haven't told everyone what kind of kitten that is in your av
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    Hey now. I go part time to a community college!
    This may be true but I'm guessing people don't duck and cover in the Niles Ohio target parking lot when you drive by....hmmm and if they did I would be just as impressed

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post

Like i said i wont get your panties all bunched up, but your 1 of a millions of evo owners, and just because YOURS did fine, or was realiable, in No way does 1 experience incline me to pitch 15 or more into a car with any kind of bad history. Youve worked and played with one, theyve worked on just a few more if i had to guess, and experience speaks for itself. Would i ever buy an evo?, never. Do i like the car and respect what it can do, absolutely.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by vandergriff View Post
    This may be true but I'm guessing people don't duck and cover in the Niles Ohio target parking lot when you drive by....hmmm and if they did I would be just as impressed
    No. But people at my job did have to duck and cover when an old woman at my job accidentally hit her accelerator, jumped a curve, and rammed her lexus into a wall 3ft from where everyone was standing.
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.