Stage 2 Bugeye vs Evo IX - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Bugeye vs Evo IX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko ^^ he said this as well. lol. he's had a few problems, he also had the ...

Quote Originally Posted by ohemgeeitsNiko View Post

^^ he said this as well. lol. he's had a few problems, he also had the first gen. evo and it had recalls every two weeks, until it was pretty much a brand new car again. lmao.
    I thought the only recalls that the VIII had was a few of the new ones to fix a mis-print on a sticker that shipped with the car and a coolant line for the early 05s.

Evos are far from the POS most people poorly attempt to make them out to be.
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Im not saying they are all peices, but every mechanic ive talked to said they see far more evos with huge mechanical failure than subarus. I dont have my wrx for speed, if i wanted a drag car id sell it and buy a camaro ss or 99+ cobra. I wanted something unique, AWD, and more than anything, realiable. I stand by my personal experience and what othera have told me, the evo will never be as realiable as a wrx.

Chris
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Im not saying they are all peices, but every mechanic ive talked to said they see far more evos with huge mechanical failure than subarus. I dont have my wrx for speed, if i wanted a drag car id sell it and buy a camaro ss or 99+ cobra. I wanted something unique, AWD, and more than anything, realiable. I stand by my personal experience and what othera have told me, the evo will never be as realiable as a wrx.

Chris
    Your 'mechanic' friends are an exception, or completely wrong. The _ONLY_ even remotely close to infrequent problem was with pre 05 Evos without ACD which had issues with the TC, and that's far from a huge failure. Other than that, the transmissions are solid, the rears are solid, the motors are rock solid.

Ringlands, glass transmissions, ECU issues which have exacerbated the sensitive ringland issue, fuel systems which seep when it's cold that should have been recalled and never were . . yeah. . it sounds like your're trying to justify your purchase more than be realistic about the cars we're discussing here.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Your 'mechanic' friends are an exception, or completely wrong. The _ONLY_ even remotely close to infrequent problem was with pre 05 Evos without ACD which had issues with the TC, and that's far from a huge failure. Other than that, the transmissions are solid, the rears are solid, the motors are rock solid.

Ringlands, glass transmissions, ECU issues which have exacerbated the sensitive ringland issue, fuel systems which seep when it's cold that should have been recalled and never were . . yeah. . it sounds like your're trying to justify your purchase more than be realistic about the cars we're discussing here.
    Arent we talking about pre 05?, or did evo9 start in 05? I dont keep up on anything mitsubishi really. Well 2 of my buddys did 2 and 4 years at Ranken in Stlouis, which is one of the best schools for all auto needs, so im sure they know what they are talking about. They have worked on enough of the evo8s to tell you they have alot of problems.
    Chris

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar

I have to agree, dont get me wrong i love my wrx like crazy but there are definite problems i have to worry about by driving it. Evo's are awesome cars and in many ways superior to the wrx and even STI. However, for me, a car is not just about performance numbers and reliability. Its about that love that girlfriends envy and having a car that truly feels like your own. Evo's are kind of like a supermodel with a personality that clashes with mine. Even though evo's are sexy (atleast performance wise, i think they are hideous for the most part) they just dont mesh with me. While a WRX is closer to that gorgeous girl running in the park with the great personality and still great looks. I feel at home in my wrx whereas evo's make me feel like im in some fantasy movie thats great but would never work in real life.

Now that i've made myself sound like im in love with my car in an extreme way im ending my rant.

Even if an evo beats me in a race, i'll still take my wrx over it any day. Plus everyone knows the classiest and prettiest girls like wrx's and sti's way more than evo's

/rant
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Evo9 started in 2006 and is the most stout of them all with the bigger compressor housing, solid ACD transfer case, solid motor now with MIVEC.

A technical school doesn't really hold much water with me. Living within snot rocket range of UTI I can tell you right now that attending one doesn't mean you know what you're talking about. Additionally, those people tend to think they know what they're doing long before they actually do and wind up corking up their cars as a result. Maybe that's where your buddies experience comes into play. If not, they're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Arent we talking about pre 05?, or did evo9 start in 05? I dont keep up on anything mitsubishi really. Well 2 of my buddys did 2 and 4 years at Ranken in Stlouis, which is one of the best schools for all auto needs, so im sure they know what they are talking about. They have worked on enough of the evo8s to tell you they have alot of problems.

Yeah im not trying to argue or lol, "justify my purchase", by any means. We also gotta remember you can have an 04 sti for the same price as an evo9, id take the sti anyday, but thats just me. I guess what it comes down to is what you like and what suits you.

Chris
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    I have to agree, dont get me wrong i love my wrx like crazy but there are definite problems i have to worry about by driving it. Evo's are awesome cars and in many ways superior to the wrx and even STI. However, for me, a car is not just about performance numbers and reliability. Its about that love that girlfriends envy and having a car that truly feels like your own. Evo's are kind of like a supermodel with a personality that clashes with mine. Even though evo's are sexy (atleast performance wise, i think they are hideous for the most part) they just dont mesh with me. While a WRX is closer to that gorgeous girl running in the park with the great personality and still great looks. I feel at home in my wrx whereas evo's make me feel like im in some fantasy movie thats great but would never work in real life.

Now that i've made myself sound like im in love with my car in an extreme way im ending my rant.

Even if an evo beats me in a race, i'll still take my wrx over it any day. Plus everyone knows the classiest and prettiest girls like wrx's and sti's way more than evo's

/rant
    Woooooooooooow

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    Well i know he will mod it so im gonna race while he's still stock . He had a cobra that he claimed was 400+ hp but i destroyed that before i was even stage 2, then his parents bought him an evo. His dad has a twin turbo viper thats really sick though.
    Damn. You should see if his dad will let you take his Viper down the track.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    I thought the only recalls that the VIII had was a few of the new ones to fix a mis-print on a sticker that shipped with the car and a coolant line for the early 05s.

Evos are far from the POS most people poorly attempt to make them out to be.
    No offense, but when I was looking for a new car (2007) the Evo 8 didn't exactly have the best reliability rating anywhere I looked. Which is why I ended up in my WRX (there was not a used STi to be found at the time), much better reliability rating.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

my question is what pride would you have in beating a stock car with a modded car?

i mean itd be one thing if it were a cobra, or a vette or something. but beating a stock evo with a modded wrx isnt all that great.
    bugeye maffia member #304 l http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_fonseca/

No offense taken, I'm by no means trying to make an Evolution out to have the reliability of a Toyo^h^h^h^h Honda Civic or anything here and I could give a **** one way or another I'm just a realist who has actually owned and sold both the car in question and the car that comparisons are being drawn to. . . and also someone who has spent too much time under the hood elbow-deep in the drivetrain on both cars.

As far as reliability ratings go, I'd genuinely be surprised if the Impreza lineup was that far off from the Evolution, but data would back that up would fare much better than just a post and I'm not going to go digging for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    No offense, but when I was looking for a new car (2007) the Evo 8 didn't exactly have the best reliability rating anywhere I looked. Which is why I ended up in my WRX (there was not a used STi to be found at the time), much better reliability rating.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeMomma View Post
    my question is what pride would you have in beating a stock car with a modded car?

i mean itd be one thing if it were a cobra, or a vette or something. but beating a stock evo with a modded wrx isnt all that great.
    My pride comes in the fact that mommy and daddy bought his evo and i pay for my car and all the mods.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

my roommate has a 2006 evo MR shiny black and has had it over a year now. he loves this car to death and i love my rex. but ever since he bought this 340000$ car has had numerous problems with it. 1 turbo inlet house when he goes into boost blows off. if it wasent for the extensive warrenty package that he bought the car with he would be screwed with repairs. he has had 3 allignments in the last 6 months thats rediculious. i bought my rex with 50k miles and have never had any problems. iv gone 45 seconds on a straight away with no hands and my rex goes straight and i love that.

So why are you letting a spoiled little ***** with mommy n daddies car get under your skin? Effectively whether he drives it or not its still their car.. they bought it.. he just gets to drive it.

Let life sort it out when he cant get a job and mommy and daddy cut him off because he's a bum and cant fend for himself in the real world without their support.

being in my 30's now and growing up with a few of those kids and feeling the same way then that you do.. I can tell you that very few come out halfway self sufficient. Its sad, but true.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.