Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So my little bro just purchased a white '03 350Z (first real car purchase). I wondering how my stage1 '04 ...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX

So my little bro just purchased a white '03 350Z (first real car purchase). I wondering how my stage1 '04 WRX will keep up on the highway (not trying to race him, just don't want to be left in the dust ).
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't see you getting left in the dust by any means. If you race from a roll he will most likely beat you. But then again it all depends on what speed you start from, what transmition he has(automatic Z's suck), and if he can drive or not.
    But either way i smell a race comming, just take it to the track and get it overwith. My younger brother has a tricked out Monte Carlo ss and he had to race me as soon as he got his car. I think it's just a lil bro thing....

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    So my little bro just purchased a white '03 350Z (first real car purchase). I wondering how my stage1 '04 WRX will keep up on the highway (not trying to race him, just don't want to be left in the dust ).
    go buy a downpipe, install it, and go stage 2. He won't have a chance - and it will only cost you $250-$600. You CAN'T let little bros take you.

If not - race him in the show.. you will win without even going into boost!
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

350zare nothing to be afraid of

They may be 300 horse, but they weigh a freakin ton.

On the highway, you'd be evenly matched. After all, when both vehicles are at the speed limit, neither would be pulling away from the other.

You wouldn't be breaking the speed limit, would you? (Of course not. Gotta set a good example for the younguns, right? )
    Stink-Eye Mob #666

2009 WRX Sedan

i kept with a lightly modded z from a light with my stock bugeye. wasnt a far race maybe 1/8th mile he might of put 1/2 car on me by the time the roads merged.
    If you have everything under control you're going too slow.
    Bugeye Mafia #218 XPT gm bcs stage 2
    my mods
    HIGH MILEAGE CLUB
    ASE CERTIFIED MASTER TECH.

Driver's race.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    350Zs are piss slow (no offense Mike). My old stage 2 setup kept up from a roll with a car making somewhere around 100 whp more than I. Based on this, I would easily assume you'd fair favorably against his stock one.

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    go buy a downpipe, install it, and go stage 2. He won't have a chance - and it will only cost you $250-$600. You CAN'T let little bros take you.

If not - race him in the show.. you will win without even going into boost!
    Ooops... I meant "race him in the snow." Makes more sense, right?
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofonelk3 View Post
    I don't see you getting left in the dust by any means. If you race from a roll he will most likely beat you. But then again it all depends on what speed you start from, what transmition he has(automatic Z's suck), and if he can drive or not.
    But either way i smell a race comming, just take it to the track and get it overwith. My younger brother has a tricked out Monte Carlo ss and he had to race me as soon as he got his car. I think it's just a lil bro thing....
    He's not really the type to just jump out and race. He's got a manual transmission (ever since my mother introduced the both of us to the fun of manual trans, we haven't turned back). I took his Z for a spin yesterday. I've got to admit, it's a fun car, feels like I'm sitting on the floor compared to my wrx though lol.
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Falxzzr View Post
    350zare nothing to be afraid of

They may be 300 horse, but they weigh a freakin ton.
    We were only able to nab an '03 (got pretty good miliage on it though. Only 60k), so he doesn't have 300hp. More like 282...
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by mjboudreaux77 View Post
    go buy a downpipe, install it, and go stage 2. He won't have a chance - and it will only cost you $250-$600. You CAN'T let little bros take you!
    I agree, it's time to get a catless up-pipe and downpipe and then a good tune! Check out the dyno numbers in one of my other threads 257whp. So you could get the 257wph +20% drivetrain loss =308hp at the crack and rub it in a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Merk247 View Post
    i kept with a lightly modded z from a light with my stock bugeye. wasnt a far race maybe 1/8th mile he might of put 1/2 car on me by the time the roads merged.
    Well damn. Now that I didn't expect to hear...
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofonelk3 View Post
    I agree, it's time to get a catless up-pipe and downpipe and then a good tune! Check out the dyno numbers in one of my other threads 257whp. So you could get the 257wph +20% drivetrain loss =308hp at the crack and rub it in a little bit.
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Such biased information it's not even funny. And street racing has so many variables that it can't be used as proof that one car can hang with the other. In street racing a lower hp can ran hang with a higher hp car if the driver has a faster rxn time and hits the throttle first. When all ready rolling it takes significantly more hp to over come a car already accelerating.

Coming from history with both cars I would say in a hwy situation the 350z will easily walk a 04 stage 1 WRX. It simply doesn't have the power to keep up. In a drag race I would say it's a drivers race with the edge going to the WRX simply do to it's AWD launch

To the guy who said he hung with one in a 1/8 stop light race, well of course you did. The AWD gives a huge advantage from a dig. My old 06 state 1 WRX beat my girlfriends C6 Vette 0-70mph, does that mean my WRX is as fast as a Vette?

To the guy who said 350'z weight a ton, the 03 350z weights no more than the WRX. Both are right around 3200-3300lbs.

I suppose yes, in a street racing situation they are pretty equal but thats only because 90% of drivers out there can't drive thier sports cars like they are supposed to be driven.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast