Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Colossus No worries guys, I'm not getting upset. I really like Scoobies actually. And I understand the ...

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    No worries guys, I'm not getting upset. I really like Scoobies actually. And I understand the mad 60 fts of the Jap AWD cars. My friends has an Evo with an FP Green turbo. At least I think thats what he called it, lol.

I agree that 350Z's are over rated. And I would trade a Fox and an Acura for a WRX myself! Yeah, the LS1 cars are DEFINITLY coming down in price. Its pretty nice, actually.

And wow, 70 hp!
    I wouldn't say "overrated". I just think quite a few people mistake the Z for being some kind of monster strait line car, when it seems more like a daily drivable track ready car. I can attest from driving one first hand that it's fun as hell, and it's great to have all that NA pull at your beck and call.

On another note: I fear LS1 cars, they are monsters. Seriously..
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't get me wrong, I understand that 350Z is a bad track car. Note though, that the 2010 SS took a Nismo on the track. LS1's are nice. I've had this one for about 8 months and I'm loving it!
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Don't get me wrong, I understand that 350Z is a bad track car. Note though, that the 2010 SS took a Nismo on the track. LS1's are nice. I've had this one for about 8 months and I'm loving it!
    Now I have to wonder, what year Z did it face off against? Because I have a very difficult time thinking an SS took out a Nismo 370Z on the track..
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Oh yeah, its was a 370Z. It was in a recent issue of Car and Driver or one of those mags. I can't remember which one exactly. They were actually kind of disappointed in the Nismo and even wrecked it on one lap! They said the brakes were awful. Thats something the SS has is the Brembo's stop is yesterday! It actually lapped better than anything in its price range!

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

Oh yeah, its was a 370Z. It was in a recent issue of Car and Driver or one of those mags. I can't remember which one exactly. They were actually kind of disappointed in the Nismo and even wrecked it on one lap! They said the brakes were awful. Thats something the SS has is the Brembo's stop is yesterday! It actually lapped better than anything in its price range!
    LOL! So hold on, these guys wreck a car , then claim it's the car?

Kudos to the Camaro though. Nice to know that the handling and brakes are as good as needed on a car with that much power.
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    LOL! So hold on, these guys wreck a car , then claim it's the car?

Kudos to the Camaro though. Nice to know that the handling and brakes are as good as needed on a car with that much power.
    Power? I think it needs the brakes and handling more for its 3850 curb weight! Lol! Yeah, your right, it does need it for the power too. But they put a lot into the handling and braking of make up for all the extra weight.

They complained about the brakes sucking and some other stuff I can't remember on the Nismo.

Power? I think it needs the brakes and handling more for its 3850 curb weight! Lol! Yeah, your right, it does need it for the power too. But they put a lot into the handling and braking of make up for all the extra weight.

They complained about the brakes sucking and some other stuff I can't remember on the Nismo.
    I just read a review. It seems Nissan really dropped the ball.Handling is tighter, but from what road and track say it's only slightly faster, and the braking is like "wooden pads"
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Is that on the Nismo? I heard they are going to offer a track pad. They chose the pads on the car now for low dust instead of performance.

Is that on the Nismo? I heard they are going to offer a track pad. They chose the pads on the car now for low dust instead of performance.
    The the review mentioned that. Kind of retarded since a Nismo Z is supposed to be more aimed for track performance....

Or at least that's the impression I got.
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX

Quote Originally Posted by CGimpreza View Post
    The the review mentioned that. Kind of retarded since a Nismo Z is supposed to be more aimed for track performance....

Or at least that's the impression I got.
    Exactly. It was ridiculous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.