Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Beating a dead horse: 03 350Z vs Stg1 '04 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Z/WRX My old 06 state 1 WRX beat my girlfriends C6 Vette 0-70mph, does that mean my ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Z/WRX View Post
    My old 06 state 1 WRX beat my girlfriends C6 Vette 0-70mph, does that mean my WRX is as fast as a Vette?
    It does on a WRX forum.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It does on a WRX forum.
    But only if it's someone's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by rayfieldswrx View Post
    it does on a wrx forum.
    lol

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    It does on a WRX forum.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

287 hp and 274 ft lbs is the rating on a stock 03 350Z. They are a little light on the torque side. I'm not sure what the race would turn out like. But it should be fun anyway.

Oh, I have a 3500 lb car that came factory with 310 hp. Claimed anyway. I promise it was faster than a stock WRX before I touched it.

What constitutes Stage 1, by the way? Whats Stage 2?
    "I am not made of steel. Rage...I...am made...OF RAGE!" - Colossus

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
    Oh, I have a 3500 lb car that came factory with 310 hp. Claimed anyway. I promise it was faster than a stock WRX before I touched it.
    I'm quite sure. LS1 Camaro's are wonderful little beasts.

What constitutes Stage 1, by the way? Whats Stage 2?
    This can vary, but generally across WRX forums, Stage 1 is stock with an aftermarket tune, and Stage 2 is a downpipe (and probably a catback, and an uppipe for the earlier USDM WRX's) with a tune.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Falxzzr had said something about them making 300 hp but weighing a ton. I decided to add that my car is heavier and made a little more than 300 claimed and they can been seen breaking 12's in more than a couple of places bone stock. Again the 03's didn't make 300 hp anyway.

Thanks for the LS1 love!

The info is much appreciated! What kind of hp and et gains can be attributed to each stage?

2001 Bright Ralley Red Camaro Z28 M6: Pacesetter Long Tube Headers, TSP Off Road Y-pipe, Hooker catback, SLP Air Lid, stock throttle body ported to 78mm. 353 rwhp 366 rwtq untuned

I Support ClubWRX
    The info is much appreciated! What kind of hp and et gains can be attributed to each stage?
    It's different from year to year. There were changes made to the engine, turbo, and other parts between 2002-Present. They do pretty well for a 4 banger when uncorked, though.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

If you think a stock 350z is breaking 12's anywhere I have some land to sell you.

With a good driver you would be lucky to break 14.0 in a stock Z, thats got to be good '60, perfect shifting, good traction etc.

edit: If you are talking about an LS1 camaro thats a different car, but 12 second passes would still require great driver skill, and good tires.
    05 WRX premium 5mt - Testestuned Stage II

Lol, yes, my Z is of the Chevy variety. I can show you where just a good driver was netting high 12's. I know a guy personally that did a 12.7 pass on his Trans Am stock to the paper filter. There is a Mustang mag with sub 13 second passes and the writer was just at a loss. It was great.

Don't hate man, we're all just car enthusiasts here.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't get upset if you see a distinct import bias here; just the nature of the beast on this kind of a forum.
    Also, the E.T.'s that the Subies get due to AWD launches seems to confuse a lot of people. The raw acceleration of a stock WRX is really in the league of a high 14 second or even 15 second car depending on the year.

I love my Subie, but LSX-powered cars come with a different level of straight-line performance right from the factory. I've had a larger engine installed, a bigger turbo/injectors/intercooler etc, but I still couldn't keep up with you on the highway.

..plus I'm not a streetracer.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

My main point is that 350z's arent all that

I dont mind domestics, hell, I work for Ford! (Though i traded my Fox Body and my Acura RSX in on the WRX :X)

In fact, a guy on a local forum was asking what car he can buy for 11 grand and be the fastest, lots of people where throwing out all kinds of crap, the smart people (including me) where telling him to go out and find a ls1 powered camaro :P
    05 WRX premium 5mt - Testestuned Stage II

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Stage 1 isn't really for power (though some is gained), it's just a replacement for a less than spectacular stock tune. The powerband is smoothed out.

My aggressive stage 2 map put down almost 70 whp over stock.

No worries guys, I'm not getting upset. I really like Scoobies actually. And I understand the mad 60 fts of the Jap AWD cars. My friends has an Evo with an FP Green turbo. At least I think thats what he called it, lol.

I agree that 350Z's are over rated. And I would trade a Fox and an Acura for a WRX myself! Yeah, the LS1 cars are DEFINITLY coming down in price. Its pretty nice, actually.

And wow, 70 hp!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Stage 1 isn't really for power (though some is gained), it's just a replacement for a less than spectacular stock tune. The powerband is smoothed out.

My aggressive stage 2 map put down almost 70 whp over stock.
    I'm guessing the numbers quoted for stage 1 (93 octane) on cobbs site are more than a little optimistic then. From Cobbs site:

Stage 1 for Stock Vehicles. 93 octane fuel. 260HP (+15%) / 260lb-ft (+20%)

Not world changing numbers to be sure, but I thought for just a retune on factory setup those numbers were pretty significant.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast