My prevous car, my current rides, something new?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My prevous car, my current rides, something new? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So here's a list of what I used to own and what I currently own. I want some thoughts/ideas on ...

My prevous car, my current rides, something new?

So here's a list of what I used to own and what I currently own. I want some thoughts/ideas on what you guys think would be a good next car? I love my subaru so I may keep the lil bugeye and just sell the audi and buy something depending on what I can get out of her. So what do you guys think? I could put approx 5k cash ontop of the cars, but I plan on usuing that money for modifying whatever I buy. If I keep the wrx then the other car will be for weekend "fun" or trackdays.

1998 pontiac grand prix gtp est.250hp~great car I personally put over 100k on it without any problems other than the loose in a sunfire that decided to make a left turn into my oncomming lane. Car was left stock for 3 years before I did CBE, Intake, pullies and an through the mail ECU tune. Totalled

2001.5 vw passat. est.180-190ph another very good car, but lacking power in a big way. Even chipped with a TBE, it became fun, but still not what I was looking for. Sold
    2004 vw GTI 260whp. Not such a good car as far as repairs go, but much more fun. Built motor, gt2860 turbo, FMI, TBE, and money into that little car than I care to think about. But it was a blast, it drove like a Go-Kart. Sold

2001 audi a6 2.7t 6spd 375-400awhp goal. I have had this car for just over 2years, Dont know exactly what happened but motor seized and things got ugly. I just finnished rebuilding the car, thanks to a totaled a6 that was used for parts. Very fast car, ko4s, FMI, very cool TBE with exhaust exiting right infront of the rear wheels, and of course all the supporting mods. I still need a good tuner and paint to be truely roadworthy and presentable.

My current daily driver is a 2002 wrx wagon in WRB, PRE tuned stage2 with 257awhp. This car is just as fun as the GTI I had before but its actually practical and handles so much better than anything I have owned before.

I also owned a 99 dodge durango 5.9 but we wont go there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Well what exactly are you looking for in a new car? Similarity to your most recent car? Or perhaps something totally different?
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

You've finally got the Audi where you wanted it and you want to dump it? You went through all the trouble of getting the donor car, swapping what you needed, and all you need now is a tune & some paint. Why give up now, especially if you're looking for a weekend car anyway?

My last car was a Stealth TT and I liked a twin turbo v6 but it kept getting me into trouble. I was considering an Audi when I bought my Legacy new in Sept 2004. The plentiful proven and (comparatively) cheap aftermarket swayed me to purchase my first Subaru. The 2.0 WRX wasn't enough engine and the STi was more hardcore than I was looking for and then they came out with the Legacy GT. Sold! Since then I've gone a little crazy with it but it's a keeper.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

I have had the audi for a while and it never fails to break down, it doesnt matter what is done to built it reliable. And I am just to a point where I want something new. I honestly dont have anything specific, I just want something that is fast and wont break down all the time. Audi's are a PITA to work on ontop of things.

I love my subaru, so I wouldn't mind having another one or possibly selling them both and getting a newer sti. What do you guys thnk I could get out of each? The wrx has 86k and 5k on new top end and the audi has 125k but has a branded title.
    Last edited by voiceofonelk3; 02-27-2010 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofonelk3 View Post
    I have had the audi for a while and it never fails to break down.
    That's how it was for my GTI
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by benson156 View Post
    That's how it was for my GTI
    wtf? And I'd heard all this jazz about them being really dependable.
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Yeah, VW's and Audi's in general are high maintenance! Especually when it comes to electrical problems, chasing them all down will drive you crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by voiceofonelk3 View Post
    Yeah, VW's and Audi's in general are high maintenance! Especually when it comes to electrical problems, chasing them all down will drive you crazy!
    +1 1st it was the coilpacks, 2nd it was the coilpacks, 3rd it was the coilpacks, 4th it was the coilpacks, 5th it was the map sensor, 6th it was the map sensor wiring harness, (this happened all within 2 years) after that I'd had enough of spending money on worthless items that shouldn't have to be replaced 3 times a year so I bought my STi and haven't had one problem since that will be the one and only euro car that I will ever buy again. Japanese all day, everyday IMO.
    Hawk-eye Alliance #156

The Audi 2.7 turbo is well known for having turbo failures stock, never mind tuned. I'd put better turbos on it if you're going to push that much HP before you end up injecting turbo parts into your newly rebuilt engine.

For your next car, what about a BMW? M3 or M5?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    The Audi 2.7 turbo is well known for having turbo failures stock, never mind tuned. I'd put better turbos on it if you're going to push that much HP before you end up injecting turbo parts into your newly rebuilt engine.

For your next car, what about a BMW? M3 or M5?
    It will atleast live long enough to get tuned and for someone to buy it. I have one of my co-workers that wants to trade me his 97 corvette for it as soon as she is painted. I let him drive the a6 before and he loved it. The vette is a bone stocker with 60k on it. He is needing a bigger car and doesnt have room for a second vehicle. I need a corvette guru to step in and tell me if thats a good deal or not?

Sell them both an buy a 2010 STI, with about 3k spent you have a serious track / grocery getting weapon. Should be over 300whp! That way its more reliable, has lots of creature comforts and wont constantly drain money from you in parts!

Or even buy a new WRX?? Cheap car in the scale of things and quite easy to get into the 290 - 300whp range!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

I just sold the audi today, somewhat sad to see her go but I need something different. I am going to look into a new wrx sti se model within the next few weeks. I would really like to find a dealer with one in stock that I can test drive.

And if anyone was wondering I got 13,500 for the a6.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.