02 wrx vs 95 cobra
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 95 cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I didnt know where to put this but i thought id share Me and a buddy finally got to race. ...

02 wrx vs 95 cobra

I didnt know where to put this but i thought id share

Me and a buddy finally got to race. Hes got a sn95 cobra, cammed, geared, full exhaust ( bassani ), short shifter, and racing radiator. You can see my mods below.
    First race from 25 - 85, this was really one sided and the cobra stood no chance. Second race from 50-100, i pulled on him for a few seconds and gained about 2 CLs on him by 100. Third from 75-115 or 120ish, race was dead even this time. Both cars are not dynoed so i couldnt tell you what hp each makes. The cobra is gettin ready for a vortech s-trim SC and a custom dyno tune. Im workin on a 16g setup atm just doin the homework first on what exactly i want. Another race will be coming after these upgrades.

Chris
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I didnt know where to put this but i thought id share

Me and a buddy finally got to race. Hes got a sn95 cobra, cammed, geared, full exhaust ( bassani ), short shifter, and racing radiator. You can see my mods below.
    First race from 25 - 85, this was really one sided and the cobra stood no chance. Second race from 50-100, i pulled on him for a few seconds and gained about 2 CLs on him by 100. Third from 75-115 or 120ish, race was dead even this time. Both cars are not dynoed so i couldnt tell you what hp each makes. The cobra is gettin ready for a vortech s-trim SC and a custom dyno tune. Im workin on a 16g setup atm just doin the homework first on what exactly i want. Another race will be coming after these upgrades.

Chris

Spend a little more and get youself an td05-18G. The 16G is small. You will totally destroy him the next time around with the 18G. It will be as if he was standing still. But be carefully the 18G can destroy your tranny if you start from a STOP. You must go from a roll only.
    Last edited by MengHang; 02-17-2010 at 09:55 AM.
    Meng Hang

Ogura Corporation (US Headquarters) Chesterfield Township, MI
    Network System Administrator, IT Supervisor
    Black WRX 2002, ...with 18G with Stock IC.

Thanks, i want an 18g just so i know ill be satisfied. I never drop the clutch or launch in first. I will probably race him again after mods... if he wants lol.

Chris
    Chris

get a 18g then go find 03+ cobras
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    get a 18g then go find 03+ cobras
    Yea would be a better race. Hes gunna SC the 95 once its done snowing and starts to warm up. It will prolly outrun my car on straights and the quarter but no way on wavys roads. Ill make some vids when it gets warmer.

Chris
    Chris

you have a great set up for your WRX. But honestly I wouldn't push it with the 18g on a wrx... I'd just get the EvoIII 16g, then you have to get it tuned. You will have to get it tuned on either turbo you get though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyers View Post
    you have a great set up for your WRX. But honestly I wouldn't push it with the 18g on a wrx... I'd just get the EvoIII 16g, then you have to get it tuned. You will have to get it tuned on either turbo you get though.

i'd get a 18g and start savin for 6spd sti trans.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Ive been torn between the big 16 or the td05 18g.. im sure theres to many threads to read on it. I was going to get the 18 then soon after get some RA gears. Think i could be in the low 12s with the 18g?

Chris
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    Ive been torn between the big 16 or the td05 18g.. im sure theres to many threads to read on it. I was going to get the 18 then soon after get some RA gears. Think i could be in the low 12s with the 18g?

Chris
    Skip RA, go PPG or STI 6MT.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

I like the ppg gear route, but now your talking money because i would suggest a 20g then lol. My opinion, evo three stock tranny but 18g if your going STi 6 spd. Its all about the $$$
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

I don't think the WRX can handle the 20g without bigger injectors, a fuel pump would be nice if you don't have one yet and a bigger intercooler would be a great add in that. And the STI 6 speed. Oh and get sway bars and a better brake kit (Brembo big brakes?). Cause it would suck to have all that power and have it be hard to come to a stop.

But If I were you at THAT point... I would just sell the car you own now and keep ALL that money you would need for those parts, and just get an 04 or 05 STI for a good price and start all over. It may be way more worth it in the long run.

But that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4 View Post
    i'd get a 18g and start savin for 6spd sti trans.
    Pro status. You got where I was going. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Fyers View Post
    I don't think the WRX can handle the 20g without bigger injectors, a fuel pump would be nice if you don't have one yet and a bigger intercooler would be a great add in that. And the STI 6 speed. Oh and get sway bars and a better brake kit (Brembo big brakes?). Cause it would suck to have all that power and have it be hard to come to a stop.

But If I were you at THAT point... I would just sell the car you own now and keep ALL that money you would need for those parts, and just get an 04 or 05 STI for a good price and start all over. It may be way more worth it in the long run.

But that's just me.
    Tried sellin it for a while, but i got like 3 grand in this car b3tween exterior, and power mods. Im on a 5-7k budget depending on if i sell my bike. The setup i was gunna go for blouch big 16 or 18g, dw 750cc injectors, turbo xs fmic, turbo xs short ram, and some perrin EL headers. Then getta protune.
    Chris

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    And 18G is pushing it for for a 2.0L WRX. And RA gearset is a waste of money as they aren't noticeably stonger than late '02-'05 gears. RA gears are not rated for the kind power anything more than a VFxx will produce.

Thanks for saving me money. Guess ill save up for used sti tranny or ppgs. Think id be ok just doing 3rd and 4th gear pulls on stock tranny till i get the new gears.
    Chris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.