02 wrx vs 95 cobra - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs 95 cobra within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ooops! lol I havent looked at the site in awhile just thought they were still up and running...

Ooops! lol

I havent looked at the site in awhile just thought they were still up and running
    Blobeye Syndicate # 111
    2005 WRX OBP 5MT.....Invidia cb, Helix dp, Cobb Ap stg. 2, Intake silencer delete

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I never thought about those gears.. i dont plan on ever launching the car, but id like to be able to pin it in first gear w/o worrying. Guess ill just save for the ppgs. With the mods i listed could i reach 300whp under 20psi? Im sure theres alot of variables in it but is it possible is really my question.

Chris
    They've (PPG) have been on sale recently for ~$3.2K... a real bargain for a tranny that will handle what your ever going to throw at it.

But the STI tranny is always great too. Strong enough as well. It just depends on sorting one out at a right price and being able to handle the other stuff that goes along with it (ie, the whole drivetrain)
    Last edited by Pavia; 02-21-2010 at 01:39 PM.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

To me, this is something (which turbo to go with down the line) that needs a lot of thought.

Sure a monster turbo sounds great and makes for a sweet drag car, but it really depends on what you want.

For me, my goal has always been as much reliable hp/tq I can get without negatively effecting the driveability of the car on the street. Turbo lag on too big a turbo sucks for stoplight fun.

Truthfully, the VF43 I'm running has been great so far. It spools up fast (within reason) and still has a bit of top end power over the TD04 I had. I'm hitting 315whp/334wtq at 19psi so far, which is very good an STI turbo. I can still up the boost to maybe 21-22psi and get some extra power, but that is pretty much pushing the turbo to max usage. How long will it last?

So when I go to a bigger turbo, I want something that will get 350whp (with some room to spare), but still be DD friendly. Something in a 18g to 20g range (but not necessarily those turbos). And keep the OEM STI TMIC.

There are other options as well. I have the injectors (850cc) and fuel pump (Walpro 255) to go with an E85 tune, if I wantd to go that route. Cheap race gas sounds pretty attractive to me and I already found a gas station with E85 near me. But, I need to see if there are any downsides to reliabilty or longevity to the vehicle systems.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

Would it be a bad idea to run an hks fmic kit n intake on the stock turbo? Ive got some 600cc injectors, new walbro FP kit, and the fmic and im getting it all protuned. Goal till i have a new motor and tranny is 250whp and tq. My car has 150k miles i dont wanna destroy anything before i have enough for the new motor n tranny. Anyone running a similar setup.

Chris
    Last edited by cjm1991; 02-24-2010 at 06:13 AM.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.