Legacy GT vs Camero SS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Legacy GT vs Camero SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way back from a car show this weekend, kind of a bad video. YouTube - Legacy GT vs ...

Legacy GT vs Camero SS

On the way back from a car show this weekend, kind of a bad video.

YouTube - Legacy GT vs Camero SS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not bad...Legacy can be an ultimate sleeper. And it will be my next car purchase
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

looks like the legacy pulled on the camaro but it was a bit tough to tell who won out on the top end.

Yeah i was very impressed, we saw this thing at the car show and he had a cam, intake, and full exhaust as far as i could tell. But his legacy is a sleeper other than the loud exhaust and bov. As far as who won it was from a second gear roll, and the went up to 100, he had them by about a car but once the got up to like 95 the camero started to pull on him.

You should see what they do beyond stage 2

John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

^^^Sick. That's why my next car is probably going to be an LGT or Spec.B. Some VERY nice cars over there at LegacyGT.com. Get an LGT to STI numbers, would make for a very nice car IMO.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by John M View Post
    You should see what they do beyond stage 2

Sweet man! I will have to show my buddy, he has some big plans for his also.

Quote Originally Posted by redwrx04 View Post
    Sweet man! I will have to show my buddy, he has some big plans for his also.
    that pic looks a bit...jawdropping

So is that camaro built or just camd?

im not sure we didn't talk to the guy but i could definitely here a cam.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Nice!! I think I'll head over to that website Mikie posted to see more. In all honesty I've never even seen a tuned Legacy before ( though I always thought that was a damn shame. It was my opinion they have great potential). But then...I do live in Philly. Don't see too much of anything tuned til I get to the NJ side of the bridge
    One day I'll have a truly awesome sig
    -------
    2004 impreza WRX
    uppipe, downpipe, ap, and a grin
    ~Blobeye syndicate~ #2007

Start with this one then: Race Gas FTW! - Subaru Legacy Forums

580whp / 518wtq

He says it spins all four RE01r's from a 3rd gear roll. Now that is power. Admittedly that is race gas -- it's "only" 463hp on pump.
    John M
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

580whp / 518wtq

He says it spins all four RE01r's from a 3rd gear roll. Now that is power. Admittedly that is race gas -- it's "only" 463hp on pump.
    ^^^Yeah I've come across that over there. Pretty damn awesome if you ask me. Legacy GT has some awesome potential. Little bit more than a WRX if you ask me, simply because its already starting with a bit stronger of a transmission. The stock intercooler is tiny in LGTs so that is one way to open up and tune a good bit of power aside from the normal Stage 2 mods.

580whp / 518wtq

looks slow awesome setup. and a great looking power curve. 6262 turbo is no joke. should do 40psi easy.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I'm getting Eagle rods & Wiseco pistons so my engine should be as stout as his except I don't have any headwork where he's got cams and the 1mm larger valves. There just wouldn't be enough power gained on my current setup to justify the expense. My goal is to max out the FP HTA Green and still have a car that's fun to drive around town. That turbo of his is HUGE though; my 57lb/min doesn't compare with 72+lb/min.

To go any faster I'd need to switch to a rotated setup and I just don't think I need that in a street car. Well, that and if I want to go much faster I'll start with a car that has more engine to begin with.
    John M

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast