06 wrx vs 90s something audi a4 quattro 1.8

This is a discussion on 06 wrx vs 90s something audi a4 quattro 1.8 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I was at a stop light and this young kid pulls up in this audi gives it a few ...

06 wrx vs 90s something audi a4 quattro 1.8

So I was at a stop light and this young kid pulls up in this audi gives it a few revs while were waiting for the green. The light turns green he just starts spinning as I ease out with the clutch not even close to launching it. By the end of 2nd gear I already had him by a car lenght and by the end of 3rd I was so far ahead I got out of it. I realy though those cars were faster than that. Anyways just smoked him, any one know are the new ones with the cool headlights faster.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ya, it's just a VW Jetta. The 1.8Ts are mid 15 sec cars... they can be made pretty quick.

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    So I was at a stop light and this young kid pulls up in this audi gives it a few revs while were waiting for the green. The light turns green he just starts spinning as I ease out with the clutch not even close to launching it. By the end of 2nd gear I already had him by a car lenght and by the end of 3rd I was so far ahead I got out of it. I realy though those cars were faster than that. Anyways just smoked him, any one know are the new ones with the cool headlights faster.
    the new headlights give them an extra 150hp to the wheels

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrxSRH View Post
    Stock A4's are not fast but they can be chipped. Also some people put in different turbos and they will haul. I used to have a chipped S4. High maintenance cars but fast.